NE~What is the best counter to riflemen?

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hunts should not be melee for the reason you just said, not to mention that if they were melee there bouncing glaive would also have to be melee, which would totally screw the principal of having a glaive to throw.

Hunts should always stay ranged.

Siphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
slashdot.org
Early game I'd say get a Demon Hunter and archers. If you focus the fire on the Riflemen they'll fall pretty easy just move units that get targeted around, and make sure to micro hide. If you just let the archers attack Rifles without any micro you'll probably most definetly lose the battle, but as long as you're the better player you should definetly be able to kill them. A few hunts wouldn't hurt either and harassment is a killer for someone who ONLY gets Riflemen.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Huntresses are a mix of both meele and range. their attack is the smae type as a ghoul or a footman, but they have a longer range.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
I agree with Pan, and along with that, they have an area of effect damage thanks to their bouncing glavie.

Although I only use them early in the game, I have to say they can be VERY good if you have the right upgrades and micro.