NE vs UD Necrowagon

doodlefolks

Reaction score
This is a matchup that I've never been able to beat consistently. The necrowagon strategy (necromancers and meat wagons with corpses) seems impossible to beat because NE has no area debuff. The only one is mass wisps but that doesn't seem very effective. The other problem is that Night Elf's highly ranged force seems to fall effortlessly to the meat wagons' seige. If you have any ideas on how to counter this, they would be appreciated.

Doodlefolks

FeRN@n2

Member!
Reaction score
This is strange, I've never seen a NE loosing against Necrowagon, however:
-Cast Abolish YOURSELF on the skellies
-Micro your wisps
-Get the DR for Silence
-Necrowagon is a SLOW strat, so harrass with your DH, disturb him constanstly, dont let him tech!
-Move your troops, dont let the wagons hit you!
-Use the DH to absorb damage

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
lvl 6 DH = gg

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Combine the tactics of the 3 above posts.

Faerie Dragons prevent necs from casting skeletons, unless they want to do heavy damage to themselves and nearby mana pool units. Will also deal damage to the death knight if he tries to heal something.

Dark Ranger rocks vs this strat since Silence hurts. You can also use heavy hitter spells like Roots or Shadow Strike to hurt one nec severly, maybe even kill it. Less necs = less skeletons summoned at once.

If you have a warden, try to fan of knives the necs. Doing 75-190 across the necs is devastating. Hell, one time me and a guy killed an entire squad of necs doing FoK and SSing thier dreadlord, killed them easily.

If you still are facing skeletons, manual Abolish on them.

Also, as N said - Level 6 demon hunter works wonders here. His attacks splash and he regains health much more effectively in his demon state. Also he has more Hit Points!! A truly devastating attack! Also, try to not let your units because thier skeletons! Healing and micro is important.

Also, use wisps to not only kill skeletons, but to destroy the mana the necs have. 50 Mana is quite a lot, even if they master trained.

Or you can try to rush the guy so he cannot do necrowagon.

For thier heroes, watch for coil/frost nuke or the dreadlord with his Sleep and Vamp Aura. The vamp aura will make the melee skeletons a lot more annoying to kill.

In other words, dispel the skeletons and go for the real threat. Also don't let MW blow your men to guts.

doodlefolks

Reaction score
I've thought of the DR and I use it a lot against this strategy but the maps without the tavern and I'm not sure what to do.

I've never thought of Faerie Dragons and that could work very well. Along with manual dispel and wisps that sounds like it would work great.

For some reason the item "Wand of Negation" pops into my mind. Does this item no longer exist or is it still in Frozen Throne?

Thanks
Doodlefolks

ChrisH36

Reaction score
It used to be in RoC, but they removed it :(. In some maps, you can however pick up a Staff of Silence to help you fight casters. But its a rare item that I have only seen appear in Sunrock Cove on the island creeps.

Be warned bout faeries, they can be webbed into fiend attack range. However, they have 12 bonus armor doing this so try to get a rejuev on them so they aren't slain fast.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Definitely go Dark Ranger. Immune to coil, silence lasts long and shes fast.

If you can, you can go AoE warden with wisps. Faerie dragons can be webbed, so I wouldn't be sure if that's the best way to go. Hunts splash can be useful as well.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah as I brought up, Warden's FoK is deadly to UD, which is why she is a good anti-ud hero. You can still use shadow strike on the necs for its immense damage (225 + 75 per 3 seconds). As in the above scenario, an old gmae I remember I managed to kill a squad of necs and a dreadlord with me and another guy's warden. We both ended up at level 7+ in the end.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Revelade said:
Definitely go Dark Ranger. Immune to coil, silence lasts long and shes fast.

If you can, you can go AoE warden with wisps. Faerie dragons can be webbed, so I wouldn't be sure if that's the best way to go. Hunts splash can be useful as well.
uh.. against necro wagon?

alot of bears, few dyrads (in case you need to abolish anything?) and dragons, or like 2 mgs for tank (or 1...)

Basically, you can leave half the bears in bear form, and rest in druid form to use rejuv, while the bears use roar (make surey ou uprgrade eveyrhting for bears.. later on that is)

only downside to rejuv is that it doesnt heal 400 hp instantly, it heals in like 12 seconds i think? its quick, not quick enough to dodge nulkes though, start casting rejuv on units when they go to yellow or orange hp, because that would indicate that they're getting FF or hit by enemies.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
doodlefolks said:
This is a matchup that I've never been able to beat consistently. The necrowagon strategy (necromancers and meat wagons with corpses) seems impossible to beat because NE has no area debuff. The only one is mass wisps but that doesn't seem very effective. The other problem is that Night Elf's highly ranged force seems to fall effortlessly to the meat wagons' seige. If you have any ideas on how to counter this, they would be appreciated.

Doodlefolks

Go bears man. Take a few wisps with u and kill them all. Concerning the heroes DH (rejuvenate him and kill all his necro) is a must and maybe Warden. Also some dryads if u have time. Always use wisps. I 've never seen someone to succeed against any race with necrowagon. This is only a theoretic strategy suggested used alot in the campaign of the game. Remember that UD at tier 2 is very very weak.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Ntrik_ said:
Basically, you can leave half the bears in bear form, and rest in druid form to use rejuv, while the bears use roar
I would keep them in bear if there are too many skeletons. If there not as much, I can keep most of them in NE form to use these spells.

Although crude, MANA BURN the necs. 150 mana is enough to call off 2 skeleton summons on one nec. You could also bring glaives if you cannot gain shots on them, because of thier superior range, you should have no trouble shooting them. But you will definitly need manual dispel, faeries or carry wisps around wherever you go. But only use wisps as a last resort and hope your enemy doesn't kill him.