NE~the power of archers

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
They actually do heavy and dirty damage ONLY when you have a melee team mate. Like 90/90 archers and the team mate has tauren up in front. Trust me I owned with that 3 games ago.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I used to before I reached levels where the enemy liked using spell spamming and anti-air to handle them. :D

As for Archers, they make good supporting fire units, I'll give them that. Their primary curse is their low HP. Shockwave/CL does a very pretty number on Archers, as does Carrion/Nova. Anything that affects in an area tends to make Archers fall face flat pretty fast. Going Hippo Riders might actually be better as that negates some of the heavy AoE damage they tend to take. Even several Chims can knock out entire legions of Archers swiftly.

Basically, Archers are good at support fire, but they can only keep doing that as long as they stay safe from AoE attacks.

vash2003

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i like archers there one of my favoriye units. but i dont recomend you mass them only if you have a melle unit to atack first.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
and x42bn6 u said "Archers + Huntresses/Dryads/Chimaeras = fun" how will some1 gett that kind of resources to get these units? he'll need upgrading and alot of resoures, try it urself and ull see that ull get raped by a simple rush if u try to do this strat, i tried it my self and it didnt work.
Man, if I was worrying about resources, I wouldn't do that. If I was low on stuff, I'd go Dyrads and Hunts. Arch, Hunts, Dryads and Chims, fully teched, will wreck serious havoc, which should be worth the gold and lumber for them.

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
if u mass em and get all upgrades THEY ****ING OWN

phatfish_08

Member!
Reaction score
Yes i still think that night archers suck. I was rushing 1v1 against orcs and had about 10 archers before going in he had like 8 grunts. He had upgraded there armor and since they had more life i got owned for some reason. I had priestess of the moon with the level 1 trueshot aura. I had to tp back because i had like 2 left. And even when they r all the way upgrade if you play 1v1 agaisnt another NE and he techs but still has a little men if he techs to chims u r screwed. Even if your archers r all the way upgraded. And their lack of life screws them over to. If you upgrade to dryads u going to kick ass. Thats what i mostly do is upgrade to dryads with a little bit of archers left.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
phatfish_08 said:
Yes i still think that night archers suck. I was rushing 1v1 against orcs and had about 10 archers before going in he had like 8 grunts. He had upgraded there armor and since they had more life i got owned for some reason. I had priestess of the moon with the level 1 trueshot aura. I had to tp back because i had like 2 left. And even when they r all the way upgrade if you play 1v1 agaisnt another NE and he techs but still has a little men if he techs to chims u r screwed. Even if your archers r all the way upgraded. And their lack of life screws them over to. If you upgrade to dryads u going to kick ass. Thats what i mostly do is upgrade to dryads with a little bit of archers left.

DUH

phatfish_08

Member!
Reaction score
Maybe the only thing that archers r good for is support for melee.(maybe) If i was playing NE i would get a few archers early on and then upgrade to dryads. Take massed dryads against massed archers dryads own them 100%. So NE archers suck.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
nightelves dont have melee in tier 1 ;) archers are only good against air, but I suppose they are pretty good in supporting hunts or bears.