NE~the power of archers

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the power of archers

Archers, why do people think they are so weak. I'm here to shut those newbs up.

Let's look at archers, yes its true they are ranged and have less life and cost more than most of the tier 1 basic units. But there is a catch...Archers can become the highest damaging and cost effective unit.

Archers start off doing 28 dmg(I think) with a lvl 1 upgrade they do 30(i think) lvl 2, 32 dmg(i think) and lvl 3 they do 34(i think), and they also have 2 other upgrades. With marksmanship they do 36-38 dmg(cant remember) but i do know that if you're skilled enough to creep and not die, and u care familiar with priests of the moon, u know she has a ranged aura...at lvl 2 alone this aura adds 6 dmg, Wow thats alot of dmg huh, over 40 and thats a lv 2 aura..and at lvl3 they do over 42 dmg.

Now I bet your thinking a few archers shootin 42 dmg each, thats not to much to jump around about. But u forget how cheap archers are. 150 gold / 10 wood...u can get alot of them...so picture 20+ archers shootin 42 dmg each...and they are ranged.

Now about the range, lets see they have 700 with upgrade, and seige has 900..They are close...Plus our little archers have shadowmeld, so if u fight at night and meele get to close..u can hide. Hehehe it pisses people off.

Now that u have 20+ archers shootin 40+ dmg each and with a 700 range, maybe a second hero.. Keeper of the Grove, using entangle..u can trap enemy heros, focus fire...and he WILL die FAST!

Believe me this strat works because archers are simple, nothing can counter there dmg..theres just a few rules to know..

Dont rush, ur ranged, make them come to u..and they will cause alot of people are just that dumb..thinking archers suck..

Never stop pumping them...explains itself

By the time ur enemy thinks hes won because all you have his archers, he'll be to busy wondering how he's dieng to wonder what the ****'s goin on..u'll get some exp, maybe get starfall and tranquility...some seige if ur up against tower fags...GUESS WHAT U WIN

STILL THINK ARCHERS SUCK?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Placebo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Archers don't kill archers, Speed does but an Arch/Hip mixed is the best for hero killing.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
Uhm...

Dryads cost 170 gold (I'm sure) and 40 wood (I think)... and can be upgraded nearly as much only without the marksmanship, however, they benefit from abolish magic rather than marksmanship, and also get the benefits that the POTM gives off.

I do agree with you, no one knows the power of Archers, they're very under rated as a ranged unit. But when it comes down to it, I'll spend the extra 20 gold and get myself a dryad. That not only will slow a unit down, but will also negate any spell such as blood lust, inner fire or roar. When it comes down to it, I rarely use archers. They are of no real benefit to me by the time I have dryads, and I'm supporting those with Huntress'.

GreenClover

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if you're rushing though, archers are quick and efficent(spelling) and dryads cost 60 wood, i know because druid of the claw / dryad combo eats my wood up really quickly.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
gah, usually I over achieve on wood... I have like 2000 or so laying around by the time the game is over... so I never have a wood shortage, elves are wood hogs, so I compensate for it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Re: the power of archers

Originally posted by absolutezer000
Archers, why do people think they are so weak. I'm here to shut those newbs up.

Let's look at archers, yes its true they are ranged and have less life and cost more than most of the tier 1 basic units. But there is a catch...Archers can become the highest damaging and cost effective unit.

Archers start off doing 28 dmg(I think) with a lvl 1 upgrade they do 30(i think) lvl 2, 32 dmg(i think) and lvl 3 they do 34(i think), and they also have 2 other upgrades. With marksmanship they do 36-38 dmg(cant remember) but i do know that if you're skilled enough to creep and not die, and u care familiar with priests of the moon, u know she has a ranged aura...at lvl 2 alone this aura adds 6 dmg, Wow thats alot of dmg huh, over 40 and thats a lv 2 aura..and at lvl3 they do over 42 dmg.

Now I bet your thinking a few archers shootin 42 dmg each, thats not to much to jump around about. But u forget how cheap archers are. 150 gold / 10 wood...u can get alot of them...so picture 20+ archers shootin 42 dmg each...and they are ranged.

Now about the range, lets see they have 700 with upgrade, and seige has 900..They are close...Plus our little archers have shadowmeld, so if u fight at night and meele get to close..u can hide. Hehehe it pisses people off.

Now that u have 20+ archers shootin 40+ dmg each and with a 700 range, maybe a second hero.. Keeper of the Grove, using entangle..u can trap enemy heros, focus fire...and he WILL die FAST!

Believe me this strat works because archers are simple, nothing can counter there dmg..theres just a few rules to know..

Dont rush, ur ranged, make them come to u..and they will cause alot of people are just that dumb..thinking archers suck..

Never stop pumping them...explains itself

By the time ur enemy thinks hes won because all you have his archers, he'll be to busy wondering how he's dieng to wonder what the ****'s goin on..u'll get some exp, maybe get starfall and tranquility...some seige if ur up against tower fags...GUESS WHAT U WIN

STILL THINK ARCHERS SUCK?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!
foolish, foolish, foolish. You should play a nice human footman rush. See how well ur "ranged units" fare against a good melee unit with that stupid shield thingy that reduces ur damage. Still think they suck? HELLYES. Archers are crappy against meele, and all those upgrades are later in the game, guess what a quick ghoul rush will murder your little archers. a 1 hero 10 ghoul rush will murder you. Ghouls are faster built, and are stronger.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I agree that archers are underated, but they are only google when used with melee units (obviously). Just like dryads, melee units will rape archers over and over if you don't have some huntesses or druids infront of them. I personally dryads are better though. You can easily go huntresses right away, then slowly work up to dryads. Huntresses will keep you alive in the early stages of the game, till you get dryads. And we all know, huntresses + dryads = rape!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Obviously, because archers suck in the begining, almost as much as late game. Also, by the way hes talking, it sounds as if he wants people to go pure archers so thats what i am comenting on.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
are u retards listening, im talking about late game, and no pan im dont go completey archers, they are just the main damage doers....and yea u need a meat sheild but they can be hunts or DoB or anything u want, even dyrads cause their range is shorter..im just saying they can do a lot of dmg from very far away IN LATE GAME............pans a dumb ass

EDIT: WATCH THE FLAMES, PEOPLE.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I wont get mad at your ignorance, and assume that you are on morphene when you posted that. Archers suck, plain and simple. I have gone up against people that use mass archers aith meat shields. Balieve me, you don't have a winning strategy. Abombinations absorbe the impact of archers, and frost nova, death coil and Frost armor can rape archers. Archers are extremely shitty and they dont do 40 dmg. I am not taking your word especialy when you say "i think" Archers are a bad unit, and you probably play bad players because who is going to let you survive long enought to get "massed upgraded archers" This strategy wont work if u use huntresses and "switch" over to archers later. Also archers are low in hp and 1 lv 3 frost nova does considerable damage, along with a dark swarm. Now if u post one more word about me being a "dumbass" i would like to face you 1v1 in a game of warcraft 3.

Also, What is a DOB, just wondering.

entense

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.cydevr.net
Pan is right...I tested out your little strategy, I had 2 groups of fully upgraded Archers and some huntresses and allies with melee to ack as the 'meat shield'. The other team consisted of 3 NE's. One got hyp riders, another got hunts and dryads, and the other got chims. We got our asses kicked!

At first I thought the archers would be good against all the air that was flying around, but they got raped by the melee hunts and dryads before I could accomplish anything. Your strategy is horrible, no offense. They are just too weak. They may be able to deliver some damage, but they can't take any.

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
Archers are extremely shitty and they dont do 40 dmg. I am not taking your word especialy when you say "i think" Archers are a bad unit, and you probably play bad players because who is going to let you survive long enought to get "massed upgraded archers"
You beat me to it pan, heh. I like archers, they just seem to kick ass for me whenever I use em. They dont do 40 damage, and they arent good late game unless your enemy goes air and you dont have easily accessable air. Then again dryads are good for air too. Archers are great for creeping when you have a DH taking the hits for you, the best for creeping if you ask me

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
It's actually quite funny, ever since this thread started up, I've been using archers more often. I'll get POTM, or I'll get KOTG and I'll get an aura, either benefiting my melee units (thorns) or my Ranged units (Trueshot), you stick the archers in the back, put melee in the front and you're gonna do some ass kickin'.

I don't think that Archers are the way to go anti-air unless you have them upgraded, if they are upgraded, they are definately decent, but they'll still get owned by melee units.

I took a pack of them in a game that we happened to lose yesterday. The army they had was nearly depleted, and I had all my archers at tier 2 and I was using the priestes. I took out about 5 or 6 huntress' and one or two dryads before my army was wiped out. It was rather impressive considering they weren't completely upgraded. Had I Had a little better help, we could have turned that around.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
You can't completely go archers. I'd do like a mix of Dryads and archers, also, if the opposition goes completely air, and you're the only guy on your team with anti-air, mass air will own a small army. You can't expect that a small army will win every time in that type of situation.

So maybe they were upgraded and you weren't... that could be a reason for losing a fight. You have to use micro (management of units) you can't just go all out and expect to win, there are tactics involved, which is what makes WC3 cool.... if they go air, you go ranged, if they upgrade, you upgrade, if they go melee you go air. If they go casters, you go melee and buy wands. It's like billiards, you have to think about your next shot before you take the shot you've got.

Reaction score
Website
www.foxinnovations.net
Archers are good in during the whole game in the start just put a few huntress with them and it will be no problem getting around until you can get Dotc and Dryads to mix in along with more upgrades.

BigBrownBear

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaos Blackrazor
Archers are good in during the whole game in the start just put a few huntress with them and it will be no problem getting around until you can get Dotc and Dryads to mix in along with more upgrades.
Agreed but somtimes i like to put a few normal hipos.