NE Strat

DarkPrince_87

Reaction score
Howdy, this is the first time i have been here, i have been reading forums but first post i should say, i dont use ne much but i found a fairly good strategy, i must ask plz dont criticize me to heavily for trying, first of all i hope someone actually reads this...lol...im sure everyone is aware of pom great archer ability, so i started off with her and a few archers and within 10 mins im on to the final tier, i go and get myself the dark ranger and the naga sea witch, i then get myself an mountain giant or two as well as 3-4 bears...i then cast roar on everyone one, get mountain giants to taunt creeps whom act like tanks, get the bears to attk as well and i get my 3 heros and about 9 archers to take the rest out from behind...this works very well with everything on autocast....if they get thru the mountain giant(s) then they then have the bears which are semitanks pretty much....wen i get the chance i get the dark ranger to go to ur own shop and get the green orb which increases 5 to attk....everychance i get i give her one, so she then has +30...and with her nxt to pom it increases even more, and b4 u go to battle roar will increase it even further, do this with all of archers and before u know it they have the ability to do over 100 damage each shot...this may seem like a long time to do but its not just be aware of whats going on around u, obviosly the other team will go to attk u but u keep using taunt every chance u get, get bears to raw before battle and use archers to pik off any troops running past ur giants, the naga sea witch ability will slow them down alot.....i find this a good way to go....of course u can use other bonus's such as dott to stay with ur archers and nething that comes past u can put in a cyclone...do this to everything and just wait to come down, if they come with heaps of air, use ur dott to go stormcrow and they are powerful, archers can help pick them off....before u know it all 3 will b at lvl 6....if the war is still going u can use ur dark ranger to charm their offensives best unit, beat the attack team and send the rest of ur troops into ur base, use the naga sea witches tornado to take out town as well as potm's starfall.....before u know it the town or expansion will b gone in seconds....any unit that comes out just charm them......oh well theres my lil hint, its not really a strategy its just something i do against the computer and always works...please tell me what u think of it

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Maybe against the computer works, but against real opponents is not much.
First of all, why mg backuped by bears? the NE race is a damage race, the mg is only for what is meant, to disrupt attacks, no one is stupid (no one beside the computer) to keep attacking mg.
Also I see that u mentioned about 3 ranged attack heroes wich are very weak. Ultimates planning is not recomended, because usually is very hard to get to such abilities with your second hero. Don't rely to much on archers, and be very carrefful because NE with POTM can be very very easily rushed at start, that is why DH is recomended (and because it is their best hero).

If u intend to go against some real opponents I suggest to watch some superplayers replays. U can find some here

FeRN@n2

Member!
Reaction score
Also, you should consider adding some dryads or faeries, because you dont have any antispellcasters. And if you play Ne against a human oponent, you should get the Demon Hunter or The panda and make huntresses quickly, because Ne sucks in the first minutes of the game and he/she will rush you. Be carefull with undead's Death knight/ghoul rush, that is the most effective rush against night elves.

DarkPrince_87

Reaction score
thx for the input and not being too harsh......theo u sed no one is dumb enuf to keep attkin mountain giants, thats y i sed if u have 2-3 of them just cast taunt one after another, then for the first 3 seconds ur mountain giants are under heavy attk, if any melee units such as aboms or something go straight for archers use cyclone against them, and b using silence from the dark ranger on their entire army doesnt that render them spelless unable to cast spells to take out the archers for a short period of tmie...and if they kept using spells and killed all archers besides hero's it wouldnt take to long for 3 heros doing 100+ damage each to take out someone.......was just a thought tho

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
if you can only type properlly, and give some spaces between each steps, I'll consider reading it.

FeRN@n2

Member!
Reaction score
The problem with Mgs is that they only work vs newbies, cause if you micro your units well, they're nothing. Also they are slow, have slow attacks, cost 7 of food and 400 gold or more (i think). They dont worth it, I prefer dryad/bear for the same cost...
Each hero 100 damge?, Potm and DR have the lowest attack damage in the game, thats why they have those arrows abilities, and frost arrows doesnt add damage. With those heroes your only chance to nuke another hero is: Silence/lifedrain/ForkedLighting/Searing arrows/Frost arrows, and believe me you wont do a lot of damage with that...

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
FeRN@n2 said:
Yes, it adds damage. my mistake.
The extra damage is almost nothing, the cold effect matters. It is the same cold effect that Sylvannas had in campaign (when she was NE).

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
You must have been playing vs. Computer(Easy)....Dude you should just log on to battle.net, play some 4v4 RT! You would fit in perfectly!! I'm sure...3 MG's, 3xlevel 6 heros, 6 orbs, master dotts, master dotcs....and PotM for first hero?! In all honesty I think you would *LOVE* playing RT 4v4!