Ne mirror

rival.showtime

Member!
Reaction score
No shit im not rival.showtime, hes playin in Asia (Kalimdor is only real gateway in my opinion, cuz only like 2% of people are n00bs).

But u hafta commit yourself to one of the tier 1 unitz. If going archers, you get one AoW and quick tech with a DH as i said b4. If your going huntz, you can't tech early, cuz huntz take extra from piercing, which is the archer's attack. And if ur opponent is smart, he'll be techin early with archerz, and the chance of u killing his weaker yet better suited army + moon wells and base set ancients b4 the tech completes is remote. Mass archerz when microed correctly (DH attempting to take all the damage and keeping the archerz a safe distance away) owns mass huntz. :bouncy :bouncy You could always go for a creep jack, but in the end, mass huntz early on in ne mirror is a poor choice against a somewhat good opponent.

Yes Ntrik if u get mass huntz and can completely out micro ur n00b opponent u can win, but thats up to ur judgement.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
rival.showtime said:
No shit im not rival.showtime, hes playin in Asia (Kalimdor is only real gateway in my opinion, cuz only like 2% of people are n00bs).

But u hafta commit yourself to one of the tier 1 unitz. If going archers, you get one AoW and quick tech with a DH as i said b4. If your going huntz, you can't tech early, cuz huntz take extra from piercing, which is the archer's attack. And if ur opponent is smart, he'll be techin early with archerz, and the chance of u killing his weaker yet better suited army + moon wells and base set ancients b4 the tech completes is remote. Mass archerz when microed correctly (DH attempting to take all the damage and keeping the archerz a safe distance away) owns mass huntz. :bouncy :bouncy You could always go for a creep jack, but in the end, mass huntz early on in ne mirror is a poor choice against a somewhat good opponent.

Yes Ntrik if u get mass huntz and can completely out micro ur n00b opponent u can win, but thats up to ur judgement.
You have a point showtime (lol), but you fall eventually to Glaive throwers =/

And know that Archers have medium armor, and takes extra 200% from normal attacks, while unarmor takes 150%, and their attacks bounce...

and usually, most ppl dont creep when they mass hunts, they just rush straight to enemy base, and harass the crap out of them :bouncy (at least I do), and DH dies fast when you FF on him with glaive throwers with POTM's searing arrow, or SS from warden,

Unless you go kotg with entnagle, I dont think theres much % of winning,

rival.showtime

Member!
Reaction score
Yes i c ur point w/ galive throwerz but it all depends whether ur opponent can get to them fast enuf and kill the glaives. IN this case, huntz r preferrable, but if u r capable of stopping the quik archer tech, then you will win. Therefore, in the end, it all comes down to a battle of micro, and choosing to tech early or not. ;)

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Glaives do 39-55 damage siege to units. Which is multiplied by 150% since siege > unarmored. When you get Tree of Ages, it becomes easier to slay hunts. You get riders to shoot them from the skies, your gts get Vorpal Blades to hit more than one target. And archers get 700 range to shoot out enemies from far away. But it still takes time to utiliize these upgrades. When you use archers, its about how well your mean or your allies' meat can stand up to a long battle. If they can't stand, you need more meat or need to run. If you do, you can safely shoot up enemies without having melee doing damage to your archers, siege or dotts.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Glaives do 39-55 damage siege to units. Which is multiplied by 150% since siege > unarmored. When you get Tree of Ages, it becomes easier to slay hunts. You get riders to shoot them from the skies, your gts get Vorpal Blades to hit more than one target. And archers get 700 range to shoot out enemies from far away. But it still takes time to utiliize these upgrades. When you use archers, its about how well your mean or your allies' meat can stand up to a long battle. If they can't stand, you need more meat or need to run. If you do, you can safely shoot up enemies without having melee doing damage to your archers, siege or dotts.
hes talking about going Dotc...

well I think he was, I know many ppl go for DotC tech...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, if you can keep the enemy into a point where he needs to contantly turtle and replace his t1 or t2 units.

rival.showtime

Member!
Reaction score
yes i was talkin bout gettin bears, with dryads to counter rejuvination +SLOW which i find great with kotg or warden. And u proly wanna still get archerz too but no huntz cuz i think bears should clinch the meat :mean Archerz with their great damage+ dyrads with good damage and slow and the rest+ bears which own ne which is primarily ranged (bears also do a LOT of damage)= G_G

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Bears with roar, yes! Use dryads on other melee to slow them down so the bears can get more hits on them before they fall. IF you got like 1 or 2 Chims, that helps too :). Then again, they could just come with Hippos or DOTCS and take you out of the sky.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
anyone beastmaster + panda plz?
with mass archers and some 2-3 hunts, you got enough tank for the archers... Slow, AoE spell, and more units.. AND... remeber getting faerie dragons and sending wisps to battle. Faeries hurt bears badly (mana flare), and wisps to dispel mass roar / rejuv.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That depends on how many units have been roared, and how many strong units can kill those 3 hunts.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think luna's stuff is going to work when you have mass hunts + glaives and potm,

if I was playing you, I'd rush you before you get panda as hero,

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
NtRik_ said:
I dont think luna's stuff is going to work when you have mass hunts + glaives and potm,

your rush ends on beastmaster, 2 moonwells, some archers and misha ( the summoned bear ). I'm not saying you can't hurt me, but ne mirror just don't seem to end at first night that easily, specially against the early tanking beastmaster.

well built base + archers > hunts early on. (early game)
archers with longbow and marksmanship > huntresses. (mid game)
huntresses with aura and glaive > full archers. (late game)?

but by that time i would have already gotten dotts for cyclone or, in an extreme case of a omfgwtf mass huntresses, hipporiders.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
your rush ends on beastmaster, 2 moonwells, some archers and misha ( the summoned bear ). I'm not saying you can't hurt me, but ne mirror just don't seem to end at first night that easily, specially against the early tanking beastmaster.

well built base + archers > hunts early on. (early game)
archers with longbow and marksmanship > huntresses. (mid game)
huntresses with aura and glaive > full archers. (late game)?

but by that time i would have already gotten dotts for cyclone or, in an extreme case of a omfgwtf mass huntresses, hipporiders.
hows getting glaives late game o_O sounds more like early game to me, and dont you think I'd be doing something else than huntresses in the late game too?

and I can just go with DH and hunts if I want, or warden and hunts, warden + hunts = gg archers, dh + hunts = gg misha and BM's mana,

and if you have well built base, which I think you probly is good at :p I'd be using glaives to destroy the base, and just let hunts camp around :p

ChrisH36

Reaction score
and Dh + sentinel units = gg many early attacks in the game. You have archers with meat in front, and ballistae to kill melee or even casters.

rival.showtime

Member!
Reaction score
But aren't u guys forgetting. Just put up one or two toeerz during the tech and the huntz (highly prone to piercing) will get pwned. If u r capable of keeping the huntz busy attacking unitz other than your archers for like 10 seconds, his hunts are toast. Usually with my mass archers, i get 2 to 3 hunts which can highly change the outcome of the game. That plus towers makes a safe tech to the infamous NE tier 2.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
rival.showtime said:
But aren't u guys forgetting. Just put up one or two toeerz during the tech and the huntz (highly prone to piercing) will get pwned. If u r capable of keeping the huntz busy attacking unitz other than your archers for like 10 seconds, his hunts are toast. Usually with my mass archers, i get 2 to 3 hunts which can highly change the outcome of the game. That plus towers makes a safe tech to the infamous NE tier 2.
thats when your glaives comes to play,

ChrisH36

Reaction score
NtRik_ said:

The glaives would work on casters and weaker units. But hit tier3, he will wish he gotten some aa and bears. Then again, after watching your replay; you just might slaughter him lolz.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
The glaives would work on casters and weaker units. But hit tier3, he will wish he gotten some aa and bears. Then again, after watching your replay; you just might slaughter him lolz.
see heres the thing, looks like most thinks I go with gliave + hunts with fully upgraded, well i dont, when I get about hero + 1 hunt, I generally rush right into the base, and keep sending hunts, and glaives, and sending back hunt that's like dying etc etc,

:dance heeey I just thought of kotg + hunts, entnagle just might do some tricks :lovedup *gonna try this in next ne mirror*

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
NtRik_ said:
hows getting glaives late game o_O sounds more like early game to me, and dont you think I'd be doing something else than huntresses in the late game too?

and I can just go with DH and hunts if I want, or warden and hunts, warden + hunts = gg archers, dh + hunts = gg misha and BM's mana,

and if you have well built base, which I think you probly is good at :p I'd be using glaives to destroy the base, and just let hunts camp around :p
Hmmm.. the glaives i referred were not the ballistas, but MOON GLAIVE... huntresses tier 3 upgrade.

Showtime just completed what i did not say, i go 1-2 protectors to fast tech, which are quite enough to hold rushes. glaives won't take them down, since i can just repair. And for the base well placement, the protector stays behind the AoW and between 2 wells, go figure how ur attacking it w/o being @ archers range...

STILL, BM + panda was a suggestion, in mirror NE games i go POTM hunts to mass dotts - MGS, quite enough for the win - cyclone pwns bears. ( wisps to drain dryads mana if he has it to dispel cyclone)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
Hmmm.. the glaives i referred were not the ballistas, but MOON GLAIVE... huntresses tier 3 upgrade.

Showtime just completed what i did not say, i go 1-2 protectors to fast tech, which are quite enough to hold rushes. glaives won't take them down, since i can just repair. And for the base well placement, the protector stays behind the AoW and between 2 wells, go figure how ur attacking it w/o being @ archers range...

STILL, BM + panda was a suggestion, in mirror NE games i go POTM hunts to mass dotts - MGS, quite enough for the win - cyclone pwns bears. ( wisps to drain dryads mana if he has it to dispel cyclone)
I agree, when you get htat panda out and its drunken *****er, you could probly pwn the hunts and glaives (glaive throwers)

and how can you repair over like 3 glaives hitting building at once? seems imspossible :p