Ne mirror

[cataclysm]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
soo, i play maybe like 3 games a day...and i play ne...but everytime i have a mirror match im stuck with a problem...if it is a small map, i figure i cant tech, so i mass hunts ..but i always seem to lose that way...so the other way is to tech to bears/dryads, but when i use that strat...i always seem to get rushed...anyone know of a decent strat for ne mirror?
thanks

p.s. im not a noob: lvl 29 solo only

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
mass hunts, with potm, then after 1 weap upg, make glaives (when you get about 6~8 hunts)

and micro well, you'll win =) thats how I win my ne mirrors

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I AT with N_ and believe me it works. Massing Hunts will only have one weakness and its piercing damage. If you micro your hunts good enough, you shouldn't run into that situation. Archers can't really beat hunts early on without Long Bows upgrade. Later, you may want to get at least 2 Mgs and units that can support them and strike down air. Use Taunt like mad and focus fire with ranged on air or the t3 melee threatening your mgs. As for heroes: KOTG can help with rushes, POTM increases attack, Warden can be used for hero offense or unit offense, and DH depends on what kind of situation you will be in. All heroes move fast so they will match the speed of the hunts if you need to backup or micro.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Heres optional step you could take:
-Make DH, hero rush to their base (kill wisps, and potm, you can kill their potm if they do make it)
-Fast tech, and I mean FAST
-Make 2 lores, and mass claws, upgrade them
-tech again for bears

only problem here would be thaty ou need some micro, Ive seen ppl do it, but meh I couldnt pull it off.

Also another option
-make KOTG (mass archer and creep)
-learn entangle and treants, and for 2nd hero, make Potm or warden, keep massing archers, and make claws in 2nd tier.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Ntrik_ said:
Fast tech, and I mean FAST
Providing you have units to keep yourself from dying.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
NE mirrors are lame tech to bears or mass hunt and glave.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Theroy said:
NE mirrors are lame tech to bears or mass hunt and glave.
And watch your ass fall at the hands of rushing and eventually chims.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Mirror images with NE I almost always go Demonhunter and archers for the beggining. Not only does it help me to creep but it gives me a good hero and units to defend my base. Then I later go to dryads bears like you said. A lot of it is micro.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
potm hunts says you're dead if you go DH archers, I would agree if you go kotg and arhcers.. but DH... thats just.. no, you'd have very little % of beating the opponent thats massing huntsa nd glaives.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Thats if you even manage to make it too hunts. Early harass on your POTM with 4 archers and its gg to your base. A lot of it depends on micro. And your ability to defend properly.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I can assume you're talking about plunderisle or two rivers then, because theres no possible way for you to make 4 arhcers and potm to rush in 4 player maps or bigger,

then again, I make Hunter's hall first to make fast huntress :(

still moonwells can help a person to defend

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
The worst is when you both go something like Dotts/dryads. The dotts are basically worthless and the dryads just dook it out. I have seen this happen before.

To not ignore your comment. I think ultimately it would be better with a kotg. Entangle+Ents is a good combo.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Hellwolf_36 said:
And watch your ass fall at the hands of rushing and eventually chims.
I don't think I've ever lost because of chims when I do this strat... Potm tower rush by a player with micro or a few common error's only time I lose when doing it..

rival.showtime

Member!
Reaction score
god

ummm the solution is simple. DH+ archer at beginning, followed by naga sea witch (when possible) at tier 2. Then get quick bears with occasional dryads. Generally, the first person to bears, or who can micro rejuvination better usually winz.

I'm a lvl 43 in solo and this works ever time.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
rival.showtime said:
ummm the solution is simple. DH+ archer at beginning, followed by naga sea witch (when possible) at tier 2. Then get quick bears with occasional dryads. Generally, the first person to bears, or who can micro rejuvination better usually winz.

I'm a lvl 43 in solo and this works ever time.
or a person who masses huntress and micros well winz :wavey

and you're not rival showtime.. lol nt

ChrisH36

Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
potm hunts says you're dead if you go DH archers, I would agree if you go kotg and arhcers.. but DH... thats just.. no, you'd have very little % of beating the opponent thats massing huntsa nd glaives.
Unless the DH has Immolation, but even so he will lack the chance of beating glaive throwing huntresses. Other hunts or Grunts can easily stand up to them. Then you can carry piercing behind you to help defeat them. It can be harder on some races (undead and human) since thier melee is weak but fast attacking.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Unless the DH has Immolation, but even so he will lack the chance of beating glaive throwing huntresses. Other hunts or Grunts can easily stand up to them. Then you can carry piercing behind you to help defeat them. It can be harder on some races (undead and human) since thier melee is weak but fast attacking.
if a person goes warden + hunts.. then DH's immo may not work as well, SS, micro hunts, not easy to do, but hey, it may work :p

I should try that next time for NE mirror