NE~How to counter Human as Night Elf

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
as i was saying about this strategy (bears and dryads) its not always working. usually if a human sees a night elf tehing he will know what are you after and he will start getting breakers to counter your bears. considering breakers are tier 2 and he will easily outnumber you.

This strategy works only in limitated circumstances but it can prove effective if you are very good at harassing.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
there is another way to counter hu as ne. it is possible to go bears and drayds vs hu as long as u tech quickly. u build an altar then moon well keep pumping out wisps then hunters hall then item shop then ap then close off the ap with moon wells so that footies cant hit it. upgrade tree put up item shop keep puttin up moon wells then when u have tree of ages build 2 AoL and upgrade to tree of eternity. by this time u should also have gotten 1/1 so ur bears and dryads will be upgraded. get ur second hero buildr dryads and upgrade bears to adept. finally once u get tree of eternity upgrade DotC to master get abolish mag and get about 4 bears and 5 dryads or so.... with two heros (dh first then whoever u want second) u will PWN humans that go casters with rifle. (dont forget dh is a tank u can creep with him on his own and keep healing at moon wells or u can harass wid him and mana burn the hu hero) this seems to be the best strat vs hu.
please keep in mind anything can be countered this is just the most popular and prolly one of the best ways to beat hu
ps: i dont take credit for this strat.... im just puttin it up for all to see
tower rush > u, i tried that way

anyways vbad it works well if u make some hunts in beginning to start with adn creep.

S

sTiMmEd_oUt_MaRiNe

true t rush > fast tech but like i said u can harass his base.... for example u can modify the tactic a bit like this... get a warden first instead and find the hu base. id say go fan of knives his peasants then hide. fan of knives his peasants again and hide. repeat the process (u might wanna get a potion of clarity b4 u go to his base) if ur harassing is good or the hu doesnt t rush u.... it will work

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
well i am actually experimenting at the moment i have yet! applied to solo but it work great in team.

i pick warden, start with SS (first skill) followed by 3 skills in fok and the fifth in blink.

put up 2 ancient protectors and surround them by wells. you can go over 10 wells just to give you enough mana and HP replacement. teh..and teh again. get watever units you want but DONT forget to research the well spring upgrade.

If its effective and can hold 4 armies (whith a little help), im sure it works in solo also.

this style requiers a lot of agression. you have to permantly harass, creep jack... to be able to keep him away from your base.

The_Keebler_Elf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How do you counter HU early if he pumps out his hero quicker due to multiple peasants building, and he has footies backin him up. Most you'll have is hero and maybe some archers, but archers do nothin against footies. And if you do end up going Warden, now you've got no meatsheild...

Just something I thought of.

By the way, great guide! Human is by far the hardest race for me to fight. Great replays too!

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by The_Keebler_Elf
How do you counter HU early if he pumps out his hero quicker due to multiple peasants building, and he has footies backin him up. Most you'll have is hero and maybe some archers, but archers do nothin against footies. And if you do end up going Warden, now you've got no meatsheild...

Just something I thought of.

By the way, great guide! Human is by far the hardest race for me to fight. Great replays too!

Maybe get a KOTG with treants and those can help you out? Maybe entangle his footmen and focus fire?

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
you need treants early on to outnumber a footie+am rush or else you are screwed.

btw should you go hunt build or archer build (hh and aow at 160 wood) because if you go hunt build, all they need to do is destroy your hall (which is really easy) and then you are screwed and outnumbered.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, that is why you can repair your HH to stall for time.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
Originally posted by noob_phucker
you need treants early on to outnumber a footie+am rush or else you are screwed.

btw should you go hunt build or archer build (hh and aow at 160 wood) because if you go hunt build, all they need to do is destroy your hall (which is really easy) and then you are screwed and outnumbered.
not true treants at lvl 1 are utterly usless. get entangle, its far more effective try running around the tree of life, entangle any footment near ancients (TOL, aow.. anything) and dispell using wisps the water elements.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Warden works better than Kotg in my opinion

SS = good harassment

only problem is... you have to get to enemy's base first.

And keep on sending hunts too :)

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
KotG is a good harasser because of his treants and entangle, but the Warden is also good. It depends on the opponent.

D

DeMoNhUnTeR11

hi can someone tell me how to counter human with niht elf thx cool laterz

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Read the thread? its full of HU counters....

phoenix_tea

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
From my experiences playing hu, i think ur better off getting a good army and rushing early rather than trying to tech too fast. I think we can all agree that humans own ne, so really the way to win is through better micro and strategy than ur opponent. And btw, bears work fine if u combine them with archers and dryads and micro them like u micro heroes. U guys prolly know this already, but bears against spell breakers, keep using roar so that the spell b mana runs out and they do less damage with feedback because ur bears have less mana.

hYbr1d.

Member!
Reaction score
there is really no one strat u can use to beat hu... its not that simple u have to SCOUT and it also depends upon skill/experience of the players but anyway the key is to know wat ur opponent has... with that being said in my experience hu go mostly rifle caster wid a few sbs and maybe knights... if u get hit with this ur gonna want bears with yads to dispel slow from sorcs... only roar if u see no sbs or very few sbs otherwise u are helping ur opponent... also get fairies and do mana flare. an mg or two with taunt is also invaluable as u can taunt and plow thru with bears. anyway this is wat ive done to beat hu most of the time

ps: ive played as hu alot as well and the biggest reason ne gets owned is because of aoe spells like flame strike and blizz DONT do something noobish as to stay in the aoe when the damn bm begins casting... and same for blizz in fact try to draw in ur opponent into it. this sounds like common sense but RARELY do i see it being done

hYbr1d.

Member!
Reaction score
oh i forgot... as far as hero goes i agree with N_ warden is GENERALLY the best as fok rips thru weaker units like footies, rifle and casters