NE~How to counter Human as Night Elf

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
but bears are veery useful for rejuventation and roar (esp if you have trueshot for your ranged units). just have 2-4 of them for their spells, just watch out for sb.

demon hunter is a must first, ALWAYS GET DH FIRST just cuz his manaburn harrasing is soo abusive against we spammers and it will let you bide your time to mass up an army early on.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by noob_phucker
but bears are veery useful for rejuventation and roar (esp if you have trueshot for your ranged units). just have 2-4 of them for their spells, just watch out for sb.
No phucker this is the idea that they can be easily stolen and they aret of so much use even if the effect is

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
And you have priests to dispell them so you see the buffs can be remved anyway either by dryads dispelling stolen buffs or buffs taken away from NE

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Now, how about if the Human towers up and goes mass air?
What if he decides to not go with the basic strategy? Is this info still countering it, or are we just assuming he'll go with the cookie cutter?

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
this forum was left open for a reason. because i couldnt find all the strategies humans go for..just a couple. i will keep updating this guide so you can relax ;).

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, I'm not asking for your help, because I don't need to. I'm pointing out things that you should be doing in the form of a question.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course you dont need Mr All-Knowing.

Originally posted by VBadGirl
this forum was left open for a reason. because i couldnt find all the strategies humans go for..just a couple. i will keep updating this guide so you can relax ;).
for some NE counters vs hum all you're going to see for other replays is the same as you have so far, we give examples of good players not noobs so you wont see somebody massing gryffs without anyhting.

CrouchingTiger

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok, i have a problem countering human in 1v1 when they go knight/caster. if ne had better melee it would be easy. but there best melee damage wise is bears, and a knight can own a bear. i tried goin mgs but they don't do enough damage to really do much, and they attack really slow. i did manage to win a few goin hunt/dott/fariedragon. its not a bad strat cuz the faries own the casters, and with dott's faire fire, i can take down the knights armour low enough for my hunts to do some gamage. but this doesn't always work. so if anyone has any ideas, i would be happy to hear them. o it wouldn't let me dl the replay so i couldn't get any help from that.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
How about MGs and Bears? I can kill knights ez... i dunno why u cant,

FoK can own. Add in DoTTs for -def, u pwn

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
I would prolly get hunts early on and add in Hippo Riders and Talons during the end of tier2 so that if they get Riflemen or D-Hawks you just dismount them and for some reason Riflemen hit air first so your archers are safe.

Later on get Chimaera with Bears and Dryads. The only problem is that it requires like 2 expansions to get that gold fast.

IDEMONHUNTERI

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What da hell is wrong with you guys?????? Go fast hunts and by that time they'll go rifle, tech to dryads and build dryads and fraries for theri soceres, by then you'll have a lot of huntas and dryads 5 frairies to wipe out all their priest and sorcs , and buy the time they get khights, go chimps which will own their knights. ta da now you won! Expand to. and micro. i nver lost to a human orc or ne. only twice to very good undead players

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
what if.. jus what iff... enemy went fast towering.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
legend that is very easy. build next to his towers AOW. it takes 60 seconds to create them while human towers take 80-90 seconds to fully complete them. the only thing is to see them in time ;). so spread out your wisps.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
legend that is very easy. build next to his towers AOW. it takes 60 seconds to create them while human towers take 80-90 seconds to fully complete them. the only thing is to see them in time . so spread out your wisps.
u forget those footies around the towers as well as Water elemental, i lost to 52-1 HU that did tower rush against me, i kileld his workers, he kileld my base.

S

sTiMmEd_oUt_MaRiNe

im about a week new to tft... had roc for about 4 months anyway what vdaybadgirl said pretty much is a l337 counter to humans... almost every human ive played goes footies, rifle, casters then knights, maybe a few mortar and 2 heros(mostly ive seen am then mk) (its a rare occasion that human goes air vs ne as ne dominates aa). bears suck against human since roar and rejuv can be stolen thru sb. i plowed thru sbs, priests, sorcs, rifle, footies, mortar am and mk with dh, warden, dryads, mgs and fairies... anyway check it out tell me what u guys think... theres prolly a million other things i couldve done but anyway this should help anyone wanting to counter humans. oh btw microing IS A MUST... the mk nuke is terrible.... i usually mana burn mk, then ss, run my warden into a bunch of rifle and caster do fan of knives... then repeat that process... and if they start attacking hero then do taunt from an mg.
~enjoy

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i can do everythig but micro!!! ARGH ITS KILLING ME!!!

some1 needs to write a micro guide :)

600 posts woot

S

sTiMmEd_oUt_MaRiNe

i dont really think u can write a guide on microing.... the more u play the game the more ull learn to micro... simple as that. think of microing more as unit control.... so in that sense everyone micros... so the lowest form of microing is just sending all ur units into battle while u watch the fight and control ur hero. so pretty much if u can learn to use the other units like u would use ur hero ull be good. ie: u run ur hero away from battle when hes hurt, use the heros spells, group heros in a seperate hotkey ie:F1.... if u did that with all ur other units... well thats g0su.... ive seen some ppl so good at microing theyve taken on a whole army with just 2 heros... but yah if u think of using ur other units as if they were "heroes" u should get a decent sense of microing

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
Originally posted by SephirothX89
i can do everythig but micro!!! ARGH ITS KILLING ME!!!

some1 needs to write a micro guide :)

600 posts woot
indeed micro comes in time with practice. however there are fe basic rules you should follow.

what you need to hit first.

1. weak units: archers, headhunters, footies, ghouls, casters
2. summons (weak ones) lvl 1 ones specially. at lvl 2 its good to have some sort of dispell..like abolish or dispell (priest). free good experience
3. heavy armored units like abom, bears, grunts.
4. tank units: tauren, giants

also surround is a good move. big units suck as grunts or hunts fall a lot easier if! you surround them and make them split. they are powerful in a group but weak alone.

example if you opponent has hipporiders+ talons+ hunts while you have HH+ grunts+ demos+ fs+ tc.

your HH(berseks) hit the air; grunts tanks for demolisers and both hit the hunts your tc + fs works on talons.

DONT EVER! FF on a hero too much or DONT! even chase it. this is the biggest mistake ever. a hero without units is a dead hero so eliminate the units first.

S

sTiMmEd_oUt_MaRiNe

there is another way to counter hu as ne. it is possible to go bears and drayds vs hu as long as u tech quickly. u build an altar then moon well keep pumping out wisps then hunters hall then item shop then ap then close off the ap with moon wells so that footies cant hit it. upgrade tree put up item shop keep puttin up moon wells then when u have tree of ages build 2 AoL and upgrade to tree of eternity. by this time u should also have gotten 1/1 so ur bears and dryads will be upgraded. get ur second hero buildr dryads and upgrade bears to adept. finally once u get tree of eternity upgrade DotC to master get abolish mag and get about 4 bears and 5 dryads or so.... with two heros (dh first then whoever u want second) u will PWN humans that go casters with rifle. (dont forget dh is a tank u can creep with him on his own and keep healing at moon wells or u can harass wid him and mana burn the hu hero) this seems to be the best strat vs hu.
please keep in mind anything can be countered this is just the most popular and prolly one of the best ways to beat hu
ps: i dont take credit for this strat.... im just puttin it up for all to see