NE~How to counter Human as Night Elf

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
How to counter Human as Night Elf

To bring a little more life into this forum I decided to make a guide. I know that humans and UD tend to dominate the solo laders lately. so i was intrested in finding out how some of the top players found counters to different situations.

I will add more in time and as I watch more replays.

biva_gore-dolu(HUM) --vs-- Theone_and_Only(NE)
******lvl 39********vs*******lvl 37********
/ /***********Realm: Northen*************/ /

I have to say Its an excelnet replay from one main reason. It has non stop action and you cant tell who is winning untill the last 10 seconds of the game.

the one and only goes 1 aow with couple hunts and tehs faily fast to giants and a couple dryads along with archers and hunts. biva also tehs pretty fast , advancing to tier 3 and having in his army knights, priests, riffles, sorcs, mortar team.

Both have mixed armies and good micro. the game doesnt look really good for the ne which keeps losing his heros (manly DH) at Mk nuke.

both try creeping as much as possible..sometimes fighting for them.

the game start getting intresting when both are out of resources and the ne loses his last giant along with DH.

Biva distorys theone_and_only exansion (atempt of expansion) causing him to lose his tree of ages.

things dont look good at all for him when biva has a lvl 6 am along with a lvl 5 MK 3 knights 2 mortar team and 2-3 priests.

what happends? you gotta watch the replays and see.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm wont let me dl.. but thx for the info tho =) (i couldnt beat human sometimes.. mebbe now i can)

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Post one of these about all the races, or possibly just UD. I think theroy would personally thank you for that vbad.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
yes thats my plan..im working on Hum..against differnt combos they go..then i'll move to ud..next hard match followed by orcs and then, at last mirror matches.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
amp70(NE) --vs-- SK.Insomnia
***lvl 19***vs**** lvl 42(ranked 3-rd)
/ /**** realm: Northen******/ /

There is no doubt about one thing..fast tehing to bear and dryad against HUM has a very low chance of succeeding. I agree one one thing thing althoug, warden and dh seem to be the best choice agaisnt human. this time amp70 planed something else for sk.insomnia. you want to find what this lvl 19 player comes against mostly the best human player?.

DL the replay and find out.

PS: at the minute 8(around) its something hillarious happening. I think thid is one of the reasons amp70 won ....ehehehe :D.

have fun.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
Gx.SonYun --vs-- PerFume.WeST
***lvl31****vs****lvl36 (placed 2-nd)
/ /****realm: WEST****/ /

this is a quick excelent game. the ne starts off with an "old" over used hero..the beast master and second Naga, while perfume goes AM and mk second.

perfume gets priests, riffle and breakers while sonyun gets hunts, archers, dotts and fearies.

Both are powercreeping and perfume makes an atempt of creepjacking but very soon it turns against him.

very good micro and non stop action.

enjoy.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
4K.Zeus[19] --VS-- DSky.Creepbom
***lvl42*****vs*****lvl31***
/ / ****realm: northen****/ /

This match takes place on Lost Temple so what both seem to do is try to fast expand. It seens that creep boom is dominating the begining of the game. Succeeding in expanding the first and creep faster, while Zeus tries withought any real luck to mess up his opponents plans. things change as soon zeus tree of ages is finished and his tree of life ready to entangle his natural expansion.

I have to say that zeus has a weird combination of units. he goes giants, some dryads, archers..adding later chims. creepboom is having in his army riffles, priests and tries the old combo AM +BM, adding in later on griphons+ dragon hawks.

LT map is also well known for one thing... zep dropps..or zep harass. exactly what creepboom tries...but its not really going according with his plans.

the game its really intense as both try to stop eachother from expanding.

have fun watching.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice nice nice !Northrendians.Theroy will learn to leave a game with a human player (if it is me :p) ,hunts arent good vs humans we've seen enough of them they use dryads and bears.Not only Insomnia, some Kalimdor human players also play like in Northrend and with dryads and bears, DH and kotg vs breakers,some rifles,sorc AM and MK and the chances there are 50 to 50.
Thats why i want to update my guide with these facts.

Something different is to use a Warden as 1st and DH as second

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
I wanted to conclude this last night but..i got a bunch of errors ><!

so as you can see choosing bears and dryads against humans has a very small succeeding rate. the reason is very obvious. as soon as he will see you tehing he will know that you are going for drys+ bears...and will start pgetting brakers. he will easily outnumber you in brakers (compared with bears) because the breaker is a tier 2 unit.

so, the best thing to go against humans are Giants and archers+ talons, along with other variations ( fearies, chims, adept DOTC..etc)

Dryads and hunts are NOT! to be massed. keep a couple in your army as they are exelent in picking up low HP running units.

as for heros i have seen warden and dh is prefered. because humans have only 1 nuking hero, its fairly easy to mana burn the mk and inflict a serious setback( lvl 3 MB). although dh is weak against his nuke even at high lvls so..ALWAYS carry with you healing potions, invulnerability even AMS.

I have also seen a decent night elf nuke. Warden+ kotg. entangle+ ss + FF with archers...repeat. it works fairly well.

also a good neutral hero combo is beast master + naga. even if BM lost some hps he can still get the mk beating fairly well. naga is an exelent hero killer as long as she is protected.

DR can be considered another good option as second hero because humans relly on magic. sillence> magic+ hero spells. also the dark arrow will reinforce your troops.

have fun and stay tunned for the ne vs ud.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Aha!You just put the right strat.Giants are what i have dificulty using breakers,sorc/priest or riflemen.Only they have this hard skin and even upgraded rifles cant kill them quickly.Dryads can be owned and bears as you see with MK.Hunts with only 1-2 sorc and rifles and are gone.

About naga: they use as lvl1 cold arrows-it can kill a MK while retreating or mostly used in the beginning for footies killing.When they get forked lightning it isnt so great vs upgraded rifles takes a dmg but not much, at lvl2 forked lighting what for you is trouble can be owned with the damage from the lightning.

For 2nd hero DR,it is good to have silence and at the same time count on a NE hero but i think to choose DR as second you should have a specific NE hero as 1st not whoever you wish,like a DH maybe or warden.But if you get DR as second archers-you really can use dryads insted of archers when DR is second.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
It all depends on circumstanced and what a player is most comfortable with. i know her power before the patch. i used her against humans in AT. specially when we were matched against 2 humans.

giants are a bit difficult to manage at tier 2 because without their skin upgrade they arent as useful. so grab 1-2 giants and quickly teh to tier 3.

researching their armour will hold the line a bit untill u get the other 2 skins upgrade.

REMEBER: ALWAYS! get the damage reduction first. its -12 per attack and after that the magic resistance.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Sure The one and only beat a decent human player but in this replay he gets his ass handed to him by a well known player from Northrend. Goes to show that the most calculated strats arent fool-proof.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Yes but i have to point out the fact that not every strategy is fool proof and will work in every situation. I posted that replay to show how the strategy can fail and what you should expect to happen.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
dude..i have never said it cannot be countered. i have given certain situatons that work best in countering a combination of units.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm, no offence vbad, but can you not put up replays but put up strategy guide? (me have problems against HU when im NE)

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
HU's bane is the lack of good early melee defense (our best counter is slow) and it's dependency to magic so i suggest getting a mg early with dryads and huntress/archers (depends if they are heavier on casters or rifles).

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
i doubt that anything that I have said there is slow. the solution that I have give are mid and late game. for early game you adjust according to you style. noob..seriously watch the replays. the strategy works because ne dominates human at tier 1. the reason is exactly the one that you said.

legend. watch the replays, and read the description. they will give you the exact thing to do in certain situation.
I have described what the players do and how they sort of won. what to do is already written.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say that im interested in the human counter in this replay, Vbad but firstly the Warden does well with Shadowstrike. The same did Theroy vs me and i had boots of speed but so many s-strikes you cant escape until you get tier2 and have some potions.Anway this is a NE discussion so you should really try some giants but they cost ~400 gold so you'll need good upgrades otherwise~owned

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
there are a few hero combos that do well against humans. and i have listed all. i cant say its only 1 way out because it might not suit all players. warden is preffered in some situations but not always.

dark..plz read above..for the love of god..do you ppl ever read? i have recomended giants because bears DO NOT! work. case closed.