NE help?

Sir liqu1d_g0at

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.mikethemiz.com
Hey guys I just started playing TFT again and I need some strats and tips with using NE, I was a human player but I always wanted to use NE well, can someone with exp with NE give me some pointers on what units are good after the rush period and what heroes are good choices and combos? Thanks, also is Aragorn still playing TFT? Im Caboose_117 on Azeroth so if anybody wants to play some or just chat im online.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
some of basic stuff are in the sticky, but Im pretty sure it needs major editing... but that'll do.

I can tell you my BO if you'd like, or you can just watch replays etc...

and well, I rush as soon as I get DH, of course I scout in the beginning, Im rusher type person, and I manage to pull it off most of the times..

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Demon Hunter or Kotg, with Archer/Hunt support. Focus firing on any units that may appear as a threat. Huntresses stand up to the melee but not really well to the piercing, remember that :).

Apuca-Leirbag

Member!
Reaction score
Maybe it's better ti use the KOTG because it can entangle the enemy and fires it by archers or hunts. I hope im right.??

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You are, but remember that at lvl 1 it won't really last long, you need to make it quick.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
yes i agree with hellwolf, when you get them down to able half-1/4 health that is when you entangle, and let the arrows fly. most of the time you will kill them unless they use tp's -_-. then you kill them there :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
But that is where AoE's come in. If your base is really crammed and you can't move around a lot. Then you can AoE where they town portal and do some real damage. Just remember that damage splits depending on the # of units.

rival.showtime

Member!
Reaction score
I appreciate ur posts hellwolf. I like seeing some pro feedback, un like most people. KoTG owns against UD and HU but never get one against the other two races. Firelord was a formidable hero till 1.18 came along, so now youll hafta go with the quik DH harass. Get archerz and hunts depending on the races your facing (lotsa hunts with like 4 archerz against orc grunts/ lotsa archerz with 1 or 2 hunts agianst NE, Lotsa archerz and NO huntz against UD fiends, and a strong combination of both against human). Remeber to scout your opponent constantly. What u get in the late game solely depends on what u scout form ur opponents. IF u hav good micro, try to get one or two unitz to counter each of ur opponents unitz. FOr example, if ur opponent has 4 knights/ 4 preists/ 2 dragon hawks, and 5 gryphs, u get 8 dryads to counter preists and gryphs, 5 dotts + 7 archerz or 4 bears because dotts ff brings down the knights's considerable armor, and the hawks which r used to counter any hippos u get (u wont get any) will be useless. G_G :goofy

ChrisH36

Reaction score
The hawks will only be of use if you need to retreat to your base and they slap the cloud on your 2-3 Ancient Protectors you have at your base. I usually have 1 to 2 attacking towers at my base to help my allies when they tp.

Btw, I am not called the Warcraft Pup for nothing ^_^

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
rival.showtime said:
I appreciate ur posts hellwolf. I like seeing some pro feedback, un like most people. KoTG owns against UD and HU but never get one against the other two races. Firelord was a formidable hero till 1.18 came along, so now youll hafta go with the quik DH harass. Get archerz and hunts depending on the races your facing (lotsa hunts with like 4 archerz against orc grunts/ lotsa archerz with 1 or 2 hunts agianst NE, Lotsa archerz and NO huntz against UD fiends, and a strong combination of both against human). Remeber to scout your opponent constantly. What u get in the late game solely depends on what u scout form ur opponents. IF u hav good micro, try to get one or two unitz to counter each of ur opponents unitz. FOr example, if ur opponent has 4 knights/ 4 preists/ 2 dragon hawks, and 5 gryphs, u get 8 dryads to counter preists and gryphs, 5 dotts + 7 archerz or 4 bears because dotts ff brings down the knights's considerable armor, and the hawks which r used to counter any hippos u get (u wont get any) will be useless. G_G :goofy
HU is easy, just constant harass with DH + Hunts, and bring some kotg and archers + dyrads later on and druids, then gg =D

however, I have problems against solo in UD, since htis thread is about NE help anyways, perhaps you can post some thigns I can do against UD? I thiink Ive only won like once against them :grunt Kotg + Mass hunts it was lol

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Towers are the real problem against UD. Ghouls can take advantage of slowed huntresses and Crypt Fiends could kill your meat fast enough for the ghouls to slaughter your archers. I once hoarded ghouls behind my 2 graveyards (was going necs and needed defense). Then when the 2 teams of hunts came they tried to attack my mine and they were easily destroyed by my nerubian towers and my 15+ 1/1 Ghouls with Cannabalize. Defeating UD can be a challenge for the Night Elf player, because of poor constitution. This is where my friend AoA (Angle of Attack) comes in ^_^. There is a difference between attacking fiends head on, then from behind or from the side. The side is your best bet for destroying these spiders, since there will be lesser amounts attacking then when you hit them head on. Focus Fire and kill them. The glaives will weaken the next one and so forth, but you could still lose a considerable amount of men. Archers could help, Elune's Grace reducing thier damage, but they dont do much damage themselves. I AT with a friend and it gets imperative to kill fiends and such to keep his riders from being slaughtered. So really, stopping the ghouls isn't the annoying part (until they get Frenzy) its the fiends that piss people off. If you tech to bears and mg, you should stand a better chance (seeing how mg take 12 less damage and 50% less from fiends and bears easily kill them). If you still want to use hunts, learn Moon Glaive so you can weaken one more fiend with ff.
Then again... siege > hunts :(

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Towers are the real problem against UD. Ghouls can take advantage of slowed huntresses and Crypt Fiends could kill your meat fast enough for the ghouls to slaughter your archers. I once hoarded ghouls behind my 2 graveyards (was going necs and needed defense). Then when the 2 teams of hunts came they tried to attack my mine and they were easily destroyed by my nerubian towers and my 15+ 1/1 Ghouls with Cannabalize. Defeating UD can be a challenge for the Night Elf player, because of poor constitution. This is where my friend AoA (Angle of Attack) comes in ^_^. There is a difference between attacking fiends head on, then from behind or from the side. The side is your best bet for destroying these spiders, since there will be lesser amounts attacking then when you hit them head on. Focus Fire and kill them. The glaives will weaken the next one and so forth, but you could still lose a considerable amount of men. Archers could help, Elune's Grace reducing thier damage, but they dont do much damage themselves. I AT with a friend and it gets imperative to kill fiends and such to keep his riders from being slaughtered. So really, stopping the ghouls isn't the annoying part (until they get Frenzy) its the fiends that piss people off. If you tech to bears and mg, you should stand a better chance (seeing how mg take 12 less damage and 50% less from fiends and bears easily kill them). If you still want to use hunts, learn Moon Glaive so you can weaken one more fiend with ff.
Then again... siege > hunts :(
Death coil @ Fiends = gg one hunt,

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I have found that it is more effective to go a mixture of units earlier on in the game. I go archers/hunts/glaives in the beggining. I focus the front ghouls with hunts/archers and I usually entangle and use the tree-ents as a distraction against the fiends. Then I move on too the fiends. A lot of it also depends on the situation. If you get an UD player who is creeping and you attack from behind then you can massacre his spiders first and then get rid of the ghouls.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
ud = warden.
in tavern maps, warden + panda + pitlord... works great. since almost all main used UD units got low life (gargs, ghouls, necros...) this mass AoE will just Rape 'em. Warden with FoK blink, will never die.. (blink from sleep surrounds, so on..) Panda has High life, slows , gives miss chance, and dmgs to hell with fire... and Pitlord with rain of fire, that has mass HP too and cannot be coiled.
remember that wisps are not only peons, they are the best peons in the game, they dispel and can suicide ^^

ChrisH36

Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
Death coil @ Fiends = gg one hunt,
Take into consideration that there will be MORE THAN 1 hunt when you get attacked.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Take into consideration that there will be MORE THAN 1 hunt when you get attacked.
you still get owned, no matter what, unles you have glaives in your back, you cant beat fiends + ghouls + DK (usual combination in the beginning of the game) with mass hunts + hero, unless you add units like glaives and archers or troll priest.

I actually beat this UD with hunts + glaives and warden + panda lolol :wasted

ChrisH36

Reaction score
There are many stupid people in Random Team and Arranged Team sometimes, my friend :).

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
in fact, POTM with aura + mass upgraded glaiving hunts > Dk + upgraded fiends.
just buy a dust of appearance in case he's got burrow for more pwnage.
and eh, you need micro to make this above be true ^^

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
heh well I was talking in more of early game.. but you do have a point, but I dont think ppl are going to be just massing hunts and fiends until the end :p

ChrisH36

Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:

Especially when you learn Vorpal Blades, and attack from an angle that affects more than 1 target.