NE~Dryad strat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
LoL, but dryads alone couldn't really win a rush, because by the time you get there, if they arent a newb, they should have a good 10-20 units and 1-2 heros, so your gonna need more than just dryads.....Probally DotT and bears would help the most, and if you're using TFT, dragons could really help too .vs spellcasters.

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
am i seriously the only one that noticed how slow he was? you dont put first 5 wisps to gold, and wait for 2 more to make starting buildings, u take first to altar, second to well, next 3 to gold mine, THEN make more wisps.

against ANY player in the world that isnt noobish, you would be severely screwed by a rush.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yea, Shizo is right, this is what i do with my starting five...
2 to gold
1 to lumber
1 to alter
1 to moon well
Then......
Que one whisp (Only one!!)
Make a AoW
Then fill up your gold mine and put somewhere between 5-10 on lumber. Just keep shooting out archers and build a Hunters Hall, then make some hunts. The hero is up to you.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Heh, but have you seen what happens when you have allies with you?

Slow slow slow.....

Yes, Dryads do get raped, but they still take down heavier (lit.) units easily, or at least set them up for sitting targets for Archers.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
dryads are good as support and NEVER SHOULD BE MASSED its like massing a stronger priest for dispel! ill give them credit for pissing heros off with slowpoison and pick him off slowly but that is pretty much it. get 6 bears and 4 dryads.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Why just 6/4? Id rather get 8 bears, 10 dryads...4 wouldnt be all that effective...

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You need more Dryads than Bears though. So 4/6, not 6/4.

Dryads can end up being main attack force as well. Though not as good as Hunts and Bears.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Well, I used that same strat .vs massed dryads /w a PotM (trueshot) and KotG (Thorns) and I pwned, all I had to do is get 1 MG and use taunt over and over.

DyE_GaNgStAr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
look if u all want a good strat then listen up first get about 5 dryads then upgrade so u can get DOTC in bear form then get talons and ull be set. But if they get air just get hippo riderz and talon that should work :)

ShadowStealer87

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you are playing with a partner/s. Dryads are probably the best thing to go. Depending on what your partner/s are getting. oh and of course get some arch to start off with

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by ShadowStealer87
If you are playing with a partner/s. Dryads are probably the best thing to go. Depending on what your partner/s are getting. oh and of course get some arch to start off with
Well *duh* you need Archers to start off with. The best part of Dryads is that it don't need much teching and follows the same tech path of Archers.

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
DyE_GaNgStAr look if u all want a good strat then listen up first get about 5 dryads then upgrade so u can get DOTC in bear form then get talons and ull be set. But if they get air just get hippo riderz and talon that should work
dude, in case you people havent noticed, i only make fun of those people that deserve to be made fun of, now my turn to make fun of this "person"

ok, if we wanted to interpret EXACTLY what you said, i would think you meant a 5 dryad 1 bear 2 talon army, which means POST THE NUMBER OF EACH UNIT!!!!

posting just an army doesnt really help, you need to make a build order too you fool.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by ShadowStealer87
x42 i don't think archers are on the same tech path as archers.
I don't think Huntresses are on the same tech path as Huntresses as well.

Oh wait, I see your point. Well, that changes something about me..... Damnnit.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Huh? Im confused....
Faerie, learn how to play before you post. Dryads rock and everyone should know what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.