[NE]Common NE Stuff

Beer $lut

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
After playing with humans for like 3 monthes straight i want to get into night elfs. Im slowing getting into them, so share with me some of your nightelf tactics. Whats good nowadays.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
wow youve been saying n00belves for ages and you want to start one?

I would just stay as HU if I were you, switching races doesnt do you any good.

but let me just say this:

UD - Kotg + mass hunts and hippos when they come air
NE - Beastmaster/DH + Mass hunts and glaives. Or you can go Kotg + Archers and then go for riders.
HU - I like using my strategy guide for this.
ORC - I dont know what others do, but from what I do, I just go normal like I do, and change my tactics from there depending on situation Im in.

Beer $lut

Reaction score
N_ said:
wow youve been saying n00belves for ages and you want to start one?

I would just stay as HU if I were you, switching races doesnt do you any good.

but let me just say this:

UD - Kotg + mass hunts and hippos when they come air
NE - Beastmaster/DH + Mass hunts and glaives. Or you can go Kotg + Archers and then go for riders.
HU - I like using my strategy guide for this.
ORC - I dont know what others do, but from what I do, I just go normal like I do, and change my tactics from there depending on situation Im in.
Im doing it for fun and thats the purpose of the game.

hYbr1d.

Member!
Reaction score
bm is just too awesome... the only losses ive got so far with ne is due to bad micro =/ ie: my hero gets nuked when i have potions of healing and invul or i get creep jacked or push too hard in an attack/counter. heres wat i do...
always go 2 AoW. this way if u get rushed by a swarm of 1st tier u can easily defend/counter. second when u are teching to tier 2 attack. i usually have about 7 hunts maybe a glaive or 2. when u attack make sure u see wat units hes going for.

hu - at tier 2 i build 2 lores then tech to 3rd tier get abolish magic and get bears and yads unless he goes air then i go hypo dotts archers. i always 90% can get a fast expo up while im teching to tier 2 this helps ALOT. (always start ur expo when u attack so its done by the time ur attack is over)

ud - at tier 2 when i have dotts and a few yads i attack usually works if not i grab an mg or 2 and then go back (if he necrowagons i get fairie dragons and use wisps along with mgs and ranged)

orc - orc can be a bitch... im lvl 26 and just about every orc player i solo rushes me with fs and grunts... i even had to deal with fs 5 grunts and towers =S all i had was like 5 or 6 hunts and my bm. i always get summon bear vs orc and focus fire the wolves first... then the weak grunts etc... fs dances around way too much... as for the towers i attack em just b4 they get built. MAKE SURE to micro ur hunts and run them back to moon wells when they have low health (one at a time) this way by the time its over ur bm is crazy lvled and fs is still at 1. throw in a glaive and some archers and tear it up.
otherwise if its a long game vs orc heavy ground u need chims and vs air u need dotts yads archers. mass hypos is a bad idea b/c of bats suicide but if u see no bats throw in some hypos.

ne mirror - UGH i hate mirror.. its the same bullshit every time... mass hunts and glaives with either dh or potm... again i go bm with bear and quill. i mostly try for mercs in mirror matches. i get hunts glaives and watever mercs are on the map (try for piercing attack mercs and healing mercs) try and out tech ur opponent and get yads (in most ne mirror ppl rush for dotts first if u have yads with abolish mag ur a step ahead since fairy fire is useless on u and u can slow their units) watever u dont dont get bears vs ne... every time some gets bears vs me they lose... bears take too long and by that time ill have mercs archers yads dotts and an mg to own with

for a second hero i just get watever i need... if his hero pisses me off i get kotg or dr if not then naga to pwn smaller units like caster/ranged anyway thats wat i do... comments would be nice

Beer $lut

Reaction score
Ne mirror is easy. Hunts and archers own it. With a DH and KOTG its sexy. Couple dryads don't hurt.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
hYbr1d. said:
bm is just too awesome... the only losses ive got so far with ne is due to bad micro =/ ie: my hero gets nuked when i have potions of healing and invul or i get creep jacked or push too hard in an attack/counter. heres wat i do...
always go 2 AoW. this way if u get rushed by a swarm of 1st tier u can easily defend/counter. second when u are teching to tier 2 attack. i usually have about 7 hunts maybe a glaive or 2. when u attack make sure u see wat units hes going for.

hu - at tier 2 i build 2 lores then tech to 3rd tier get abolish magic and get bears and yads unless he goes air then i go hypo dotts archers. i always 90% can get a fast expo up while im teching to tier 2 this helps ALOT. (always start ur expo when u attack so its done by the time ur attack is over)

ud - at tier 2 when i have dotts and a few yads i attack usually works if not i grab an mg or 2 and then go back (if he necrowagons i get fairie dragons and use wisps along with mgs and ranged)

orc - orc can be a bitch... im lvl 26 and just about every orc player i solo rushes me with fs and grunts... i even had to deal with fs 5 grunts and towers =S all i had was like 5 or 6 hunts and my bm. i always get summon bear vs orc and focus fire the wolves first... then the weak grunts etc... fs dances around way too much... as for the towers i attack em just b4 they get built. MAKE SURE to micro ur hunts and run them back to moon wells when they have low health (one at a time) this way by the time its over ur bm is crazy lvled and fs is still at 1. throw in a glaive and some archers and tear it up.
otherwise if its a long game vs orc heavy ground u need chims and vs air u need dotts yads archers. mass hypos is a bad idea b/c of bats suicide but if u see no bats throw in some hypos.

ne mirror - UGH i hate mirror.. its the same bullshit every time... mass hunts and glaives with either dh or potm... again i go bm with bear and quill. i mostly try for mercs in mirror matches. i get hunts glaives and watever mercs are on the map (try for piercing attack mercs and healing mercs) try and out tech ur opponent and get yads (in most ne mirror ppl rush for dotts first if u have yads with abolish mag ur a step ahead since fairy fire is useless on u and u can slow their units) watever u dont dont get bears vs ne... every time some gets bears vs me they lose... bears take too long and by that time ill have mercs archers yads dotts and an mg to own with

for a second hero i just get watever i need... if his hero pisses me off i get kotg or dr if not then naga to pwn smaller units like caster/ranged anyway thats wat i do... comments would be nice
You made that orc section too long, its simple

You attack them before they attack you, or get mercs.

hYbr1d.

Member!
Reaction score
most orc players i solo fs harass or use bm and kill off wisps. 99% of the time they do it to fast tech to wyverns or watever so i always at least scout and see. and if they stay at tier 1 too long its easy... 1 or 2 dotts with some yads and hunts will rip thru orc first tier... i love when they dont tech. anyway u let orc get late game and its usually loss for ne as taurens, bats, walkers and docs will own

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
hYbr1d. said:
most orc players i solo fs harass or use bm and kill off wisps. 99% of the time they do it to fast tech to wyverns or watever so i always at least scout and see. and if they stay at tier 1 too long its easy... 1 or 2 dotts with some yads and hunts will rip thru orc first tier... i love when they dont tech. anyway u let orc get late game and its usually loss for ne as taurens, bats, walkers and docs will own
Maybe you didnt read my post, or maybe you didnt understand my post at all.

You dont let them harass you first, you harass them first.

BM's kill wisp? you can always unmount one wisp from gold mine and put injured one in, or detonate when gold mine is full of injured wisps (by this time you will probly have one hunt in making)

Hilarious fact, if they go fast wyvs, 2 heros + mass hippos + few archers and hunts > it, even if he comes with grunts + wyvs and bat riders.

hYbr1d.

Member!
Reaction score
i understand wat u are saying about harass him first... but generally i go for tavern hero and i get harassed first wyverns arent a prob for me either because i scout BUT late game orc always screws me over... whether its 2rax gruntapult or taurens docs bats and walkers with demos... i tried chims mgs dotts archers but he suicides my chims till they die and rapes with taurens and demos

btw as a side note... i messed around with hu for a while and when i faced ne i had mad problem vs mgs and yads any suggestions?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Cant you kill them befoire they get taurens?

And who on earth goes tavern heros vs orc? You go DH + kotg in general to burn out mana and entangle heavy melees.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
if you harass him with hunts, he cant go gruntapult.

hYbr1d.

Member!
Reaction score
orc defence is deadly vs ne... hunts get pwned by orc towers and burrows but yah i mostly do rush with glaive and hunt but im saying if u play a good orc wat do u do if he reaches gruntapult or the tauren strat?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
when he gets gruntapult, in usual games I get bears or 2 mgs by then, I try to defend off with moonwells and 2 heros, eventually entangles pwn them.

Oh wow, hunts get pwnt by towers and burrows? I dont doubt you, but hunts wont be the ones tanking, and I think I'd be probly going back and force etc..

If peons go in to burrow, perfect, time well wasted, they cant get resources for few second, which I find it good (Ive never seen anyone who do this btw, and Ive never seen any who even had tower, if they did, they only had one lonely tower which gets pwnt by hutns and DH xD)

I mean you dont go around make towers in your base, while you could just pump up grunts and upg your town hall.

hYbr1d.

Member!
Reaction score
i had one guy tower his whole damn base and fast teched... while i was going back and forth fighting towers he had built beastary somewhere else and brought in a bunch of wyverns and pwned me.... if it wasnt for moon wells i woulda been raped... luckily i got his main hall so it was pretty much done there... but ppl do tower up

btw i forgot to mention that bears are tier 3.... demos are tier 2 u cant have bears by the time he gets demos otherwise the orc player sucks

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
No, I meant Claws in tier 2, their reju just pwns.

Mass tower = glaive or chims later =/ but I think its dumb to mass towers, all you need is one or none.

hYbr1d.

Member!
Reaction score
with ne u go 1 ap? ive never tried gettin one ap its never early game that i lose =/ its always late game.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I get AP in case of rush, 50 pierce dmg really do alot :)

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
No you don't get keeper on UD they will nuke him and you're ****ed. you want a warden and a panda if avail. In 1.17 if not just go solo warden your exp % for a solo hero goes up with the tiers by a lot tier 3 you should have no problem hitting lv 10 with her in big battles. Panda get because the haze is so damn nice. Archers hunts Mg's if need be if goul garg always get 3 Fd's tho to take out statues if no statues they still pay up by zapping hero's.

If you see a DL switch strat you need the dryads sleep is the ****ing most overpowered spell in that ****ing game. sure you can stop everything attack her wake her up for her to get sleep'd again. Rename the spell to stop all micro. Abolish however works great and sinse he got the dl you get a free tech no DK harass and dryads will rape if he goes goul and garg.

Fast expand always! (if you lose it it costed less than a TP)

Orc merc abuse is great 1.16 you can not do this hunt's drayds actually counter paults and take the dogs for free xp. Strike,Fok,Fok,Strike,Fok Avatar works best for me again get a panda. If for merc abuse get abunch of merc archers and a bear with a panda. If they go gay ass bm shit with towers bats. AltQQ? Because you need a keeper rush to counter that. If you see a TC comming at you chances are he's going to mass HeadHunters and rush you with tower's. One AP or two will stop that focus down the HH with the hunts and let the tower take out the towers :D

Human bear tech is good. Other then that I don't really know maybe a few mg's and chims if you can shards will rip anything else you have in literally seconds.

Mirror you can merc abuse with DH or you're almost force to POTM push. Hunts + glaves if he techs hunts+glaves plus 3 aop's maybe more = GG

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Keepeer and mass hunts, entangle fiends and keep harassing, and bring out Panda or melee hero as 2nd, is not bad against UD ocnsidering the fact that only way for UD to lvl is killing hunt, which will be almost imposslbe thx to entangle.

As for HU, I'd say down with hcims! bears and mgs RAWR