NE~Ancient Of War Abuse?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Ok, for AOW abuse, it is definately not affective against orc, considering they can get catapults at tier one, Have raiders that do great hit and run damage, have burrows that do pretty good damage, and can get towers up quick, combine that and it is toast. Wyverns are expensive, so i doubt they can get them out in time to stop an AOW

For undead, the Black citadel and spirit towers in an inclosed base can do good damage to them. gargs are weak, but in combonation they can be good. If they can get a frost wyrm, then that is a miracle and can save them.

I'm no expert on humans, but they have two seige (morter and tank) and gryphons.

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
AoW abuse worked (1.05) pretty well on all races except orc, as like pan said, they have catapults at tier 1. Other NEs are probibly the easyest to AoW rush, humans could be heavily delayed by one, and undead could be completely crippled if the person rushing knows what they're doing

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Swooper
AoW abuse worked (1.05) pretty well on all races except orc, as like pan said, they have catapults at tier 1. Other NEs are probibly the easyest to AoW rush, humans could be heavily delayed by one, and undead could be completely crippled if the person rushing knows what they're doing
If you can get a hero and archers with AOW, and your undead, your screwed in patch 1.05.

I was only AOW once in that patch with undead, and he only got two AOW and had no base.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
That doesn't equal AoW abuse then.....
I'm saying, he didn't realy have anything. That is the closest thing anyone has ever gotten on me. I think someone had began building like 20 outside my base, but i got em before they were done.

AOW rush is the cloeset thing.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
K, you win then.

But to anyone who can't see that someone's doing that, you're not rushing enough or you're blind. Hopefully everyone falls under none of these.

vash2003

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think massing AOWs is preety affectivw but they are very slow. i the amount of time they take to get to my base i have all my alies stationed at my base ready to atack.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well now, if NE players wouldn't abuse the Fortified armor of walking Ancients, this would never have happened to you, neh?
It's not the rushing I care about, it's the NE defense. APs are too slow to defend. AoWs may be good but expensive. And with Raiders running around, it won't be any better.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I appreciate that, really. I'm sure most NE players were worried about their defense, but there were also NE players who abused the Fortified armor of walking Ancients to use during attack as effective meatshields or a simple distraction that wouldn't go down for a long time. That's probably why Blizzard took a big whack with a nerf stick.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
AoW is actually somewhat effective, but can easily be countered, for expample, if you try it .vs orc, all they have to do is get raiders, which do seige damage, and can easily take them out, and if he has a shadow hunter, that will make your task even harder because he can heal his raiders.....
Another example, if its vs. human, all he would have to do is get tons of griffs, a MK, some knights, and a few preist /w autocast heal, and your officially screwed..

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
well, they suck now that their armor has been changed, now they are never effective in mass. think about it, all you need is a few towers and some unts and you can win no matter what.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yep, AoW suck now due to the change in armor class, you can easily take them out with just a few good melee units.