NE~Ancient Of War Abuse?

Decontain

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ancient Of War Abuse?

I heard of this tactic a while ago. That you can just build TUNS of ancient of war and attack with those. The damage on them are good considering how cheap they are, and the armor and hit points are great, + ya can repair them.

I was just wondering.. does this work... I only tried it once in a custom game, and the opponent didnt stand a chance

3xpo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
do not do this uber newb strat.. o plzz.... not even 100 AoWs can stop me! be aggressive!!

Reduio

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah.. in a small map, u could just build infront of their base.
the AoW are good bc of their HPs and armor type. plus they dont need to be repaired, they can just eat a tree.
but its extremely ghey

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It works in largely opened bases, but anyone who does that is a n00b. And in largely opened bases, there are no trees to devour and heal.

It seems to work in unpatched Warcraft more often, but is far too expensive and will have very little effect against Orcs, who will more likely gain from it by Pillage.

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Its a cheese strat, but its AMAZINGLY effective (unfortunately...). Even the very top players (like level 30-40) have been taken out by this. Typically, its just a single AoW or 2 as a way of distracting the opponent though rather than an all out attack, but it really screws up build orders.

http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14687 <<great game with an all out AoW attack on my base

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
try going air with this tactic (chims and hippos, riders if u want) and have aow take the blows. against air tho i would use the ancient protectors cuz they can root and attack pesky air units or enemy chims that can easily tear through your attack. plus there is a very fine line on the noobish meter cuz this is the closest thing that NE has to tower rushing except that this is barracks rushing. heh heh i love the sound of that, barracks rushing!

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
a noob fun thing, not really strat, but fun to do is on the crucible, if your ally dies in a 2v2, build mass aows and clog the entrance to your base. lol, have archers behind them picking stuff off, its fun until they get seige....

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com
well if you see trees headed toward your base you should try to get some air and find their base with your army
its is a waste to attack them for how slow they are
go destroy their gold and then take out the trees
also a good idea is to get some towers surrounded by burrows farms moonwells

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
now with the new patch
aow uprooted has normal armor so its just a kind of very slow tauren. not much use anymore.
it did help when u mass ranged they are nice melee unit :)

TheLimpOne

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ancient rushes are cool dude... just make sure you have some of those Ancients that throw rocks to back you up while you attack with the Ancients of War. (Forgot the name of those things that throw rocks... damn me for sounding so noob'ish now! ^_^)