NE~1v1 battle

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
1v1 battle

im usually a team player, i use hippos and sometimes hunt/dryads. these strats just plain suck when one on one tho. any strats for solo? i refuse to use talons tho (i know about abusing cyclone but it is just gay)

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
1v1 I can't really help you..... lost nearly all my 1v1, even against Normal Computers. (I'm a team-based ass-kicker). But a nice killer strat is Dryads, Bears and Chims. Yes, expensive, but covers most bases. Just watch for major air.

HuJuWaMeKill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Most effective strat for solo NE I have had used against me is mass hunts. They got nerfed as the beta progressed but even at release date they were still good and ppl still mass them effectively. Toss in some dryads, don't let units die, send them to wells.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Yes, mass Hunts will get you really far. Mix in Dryads and go into High Upkeep and even if you lose they'll last long so you won't lose too much.

sacred-warlord

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
personaly i hate druids or that is untill the expansion that will give bears the ability to roar in bear form and the druid of talon cast feiry fire in talon form

untill then i would get hunts/archors and creep like hell to get strong heros and since u use cheap units it dosent matter the deaths as long as u build more fast

but with most other races 1v1 is all about gettin alot of diff kinds of units and if u play it right then u will get melee and ranged and caster..... this is because in 3v3 or 4v4 1 person usually gets the mean 1 gets the nukes and 1 gets the casters 1 gets air(4v4)
however in 1v1 u need to handle all of these to win so u put ur pircing attacks on one hotkey and ur normal on another and so on..... make ur peircing attack the melee since it does extra dam and ur melee to push to the oother teams ranged with the help of the casters....

i kick ass in 1v1 trust me and i also only play random but... NE is my weakest race

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dual heroes (usually DH and a hero of your choice) helps a lot in solo. Bears/Dryads is a strat that works wonders in solo, Chims/Dryads are useful for some situations, like heavy HMC or OMC. Hunts/Dryads is supposed to work well, but I don't like it because you must follow two different upgrade trees. Dryads are the mainstay in solo it seems.

By the way, Mass Hunts doesn't work as well as it used to in 1.02. Most people know how to counter Mass Hunts effectively now, so it'll be risky, to say the least.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Triple for Undead though.

ALWAYS go dual hero for all battles at least. 1 lv10 Hero will get kicked in by 2 lv6 heroes.

wkdentns

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Im a solo play but I mostly choose random as my race but
my best race is ne.
What I do is I start with DH with 4 archer then creep for a while
and get 3 more then you upg. while you creep build like 2 - 4 hunts and later on youll have around 7 archer and 4 hunts
then start building some dyrads hunts and arch

at the you should at least have 6- 8 archers 4 - 6 huntress
2 Hero 1st one is DH and second I mostly go with potm
and you should have around 10 -12 dyrads

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The best combo for me is bears and archers/dryads. i like to mix the two.

I tech to tier 2 quickly, getting a dh and getting a potm at almost the same time. it is a huge risk to skip tier 1 especialy NE lack of defence, but if u can get quick bears, you got good units.

I stay away from chims, they are realy weak, especialy since if u go air your screwed.

2 lv10 heros owns.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I don't choose NE all the time, for the reason they're kinda boring, if you think about it. There's only so much one can take from Dryads y'know. I use Undead as well (I'll stick with MutaLing, even in 1.06 'cos it's still strong) and Orcs when I wanna Bloodlust something. Humans..... Don't ask me. I use them rarely, and they only pop up when I use Random.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
NE have a few fun things you can do with them. I can play all 3 races, (not humans). The NE is the only race i actualy find all their units useful. Orcs have kodos and catapults I never use and UD have frostwyrms i never use.

But with NE, I use a unit for every strat. NE is a very strange race, because they always seem super powered with a lv demon hunter and POTM leading a charge of 40 huntresses.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
all 3 races
I thought Humans also counted as a race, lol.....

NE is also a race which doesn't have killer units within itself. Every NE unit has a strength and weakness. It means NE has plenty of interesting strats to work around. Stuff like Human, on the other hand, need to work around Knights and/or Gryphs.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I did that on purpose, cause i don't count humans.

Unless I am in an AT with ppl from here, in 1v1 or most FFA I have never lost to a human player. Humans suck completely.

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
1 got to level 18 with 1 hunt rush strat :) and i had about 70% win with it so it wasnt to bad. and if rush failed like against a ud or something i would harras all the time and add dryad to my hunt army and against orc chims cause orc aa SUCK :>