Nat's Shocker (PvM)

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
In last Ladder season, I tried to make this kind of paladin, but I missed the complete gear to make it, so I didn't complete it.

But now I think that I can post a nice build for this particular kind of paladin, which is really awesome vs all non-immune monsters, and really useful in party cuz he makes tons of damage and is able to tank enemies.

The only problem is when facing lit immunes, but a good merc and party can easily help to solve it.

Let's get into the build.

Stat points allocation

Strength: min for gear. Max req is 110 for thundergods, but you can put only 57-67 points into it (depending on your annihilus) and then you can wear your CoH dusk, Zaka, and finally Thundergods.

Dexterity: phase blade requires 136 dex, and this will be fine to have max block at higher levels if you decide to max holy shield. Otherwise, you will probably have to put some extra points at level 9x to have max block with Zaka.

Vitality: all the rest.

Energy: obviously, base.

Skill points allocation

MAX Holy Shock
MAX Resist lightning
MAX Salvation
MAX Zeal

1 to Prayer and Purification (very useful for quick curse removal)

1 to all pre-reqs

All the remaining points are a pure choice of the player. You can put them in:

- Sacrifice, to increase the physical part of zeal damage;
- Holy Shield, to increase your shield's % of block, your defense and the skill duration;
- Conviction (and eventually some in Vengeance) to have a nice alternative vs Lit immunes.

Gear

This is the gear I would use on my Shocker.

"Crescent moon" Phase blade [Shael Um Tir]
Griffon's eye [Lit facet]
"Chains of honor" Dusk shroud [Dol Um Ber Ist]
Herald of Zakarum [Jewel with 15 ias and a good 2nd mod]
Thundergod
Gore rider
Crafted "Blood" Vampirebone gloves with 20 ias / crushing blow / life and so on
Ravenfrost
Bul Khatos'
Highlord

Switch: "Call to arms" Crystal sword [Amn Ral Mal Ist Ohm] + Lidless

Charms

Annihilus
+1 to Offensive aura skillers (godly if with life or fhr)
Some small charms with resists to max all resists in hell
Life small charms

Why this gear? Let's explain.

- Crescent moon and faceted griffons' are a must for this pala. CM has -35% to enemy lit resist, open wounds, ias, and nice static field. Simply the best weapon for this pala. Make it on a phase blade, cuz it is the only weapon which makes you reach the last breakpoint of zeal (4 fpa) when using Holy shock. Griffons Helps a lot with lit damage, it's a must, too.

- You need a whole 72% ias to catch the last BP of zeal with Phase Blade: you have 20% from weapon, 20% from amulet, 20% from gloves. So a 15% ias jewel in the shield is required.

- Highlord is imho the best choice. It has +1 skills (= more damage), lit resist (= very useful), 20% ias (= very important in this build) and some deadly strike that helps a bit against lit immunes.

- CoH... simply the best armor. Resists, dr, skills, mf, unbeatable.

- Gloves: you need ias and crushing blow, and good crafted gloves have these mods. If you have no good crafted gloves, use Laying of hands.

- Gore riders are the best imho. Crushing blow, open wounds... very useful mods for this pala.

- Thundergod owns. Str, vita, and max lit res / absorb. No competition for other belts.

- Ravenfrost is necessary, it has nice dex / ar and Cannot be frozen. And nice cold absorb. The second ring is a bul khatos': it has +1 to skills, and life. Leech does not matter, cuz this pala does not make such a great amount of physical damage.

- Charms are pretty self-explanatory, I think.

Hireling

Might merc with my usual gear setup. Simply the best, and he helps A LOT against immunes.

I've found this build being very effective in hell. It makes tons of damage per second and can kill all enemies quite fast. The only problem is with immunes, and you will need some tactics to face them.

- The most annoying lit immunes of the game are Souls, Beetles, Council Members and generally all the immunes with high physical resistance. Your Hireling will be the key to kill them very fast. He is a marvellous tanker and he is able to make very good damage. He also has decrepify which helps A LOT, cuz it lowers enemies' physical resist by 50%.

- Be careful when there are Oblivion knights. They have Iron maiden that probably wouldn't kill you in one hit, but it can be very dangerous, especially for your merc, who will die very fast if cursed.

- Try to avoid all zones with lit immunes, like travincal, meph runs. This pala is quite good in Chaos runs, cuz the only immunes are Storm Casters, but they have low physical resist and can easily be killed. River of flame is another good place for this pala. In baalruns, be careful when there are some souls or beetles: they will never kill you cuz you'll have 95 lit res and absorb (w00t), but it can be pretty long to kill them, especially if they are uniques. If you play in party, this is not a problem, cuz other party members will take them down. ;)

- All non-immune enemies are totally worthless, you will kill them in 0.00000000001 seconds.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
0.00000000000000000001 seconds eh? What was your damage on this build? Any stats?

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
You should make something like 1-15k lit dmg per hit with completed gear... this is awesome cuz you will have -53% (sux griffons' and facet) / -60% (godly griffons' and facet) enemy lit res, and you will make 6.25 attacks per second...

And you should hit good, cuz the runeword has ITD. :)

Also Bosses shouldn't have long life, with such dmg and crushing blow (and Static field on weapon...)

I like this pala, I'll try one as soon as possible.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Holy shit..this build is tight..stuck. :)

Flaming_Newbie

Member!
Reaction score
sounds good... why can't you duel with this char? just run around and not get hit till they die :p

In the sticky... this guide don't have a name >_<

OT: Sweaty have you ever played Tibia by any chance?

irdamage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my buddy has a real nice shocker, cept i think he utalized some ...gris set crap, 3 umed shield, 40/15s in rest of gear he does a good ammount of damage and good resists

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
lol im gonna make this cuz its a cheap build :p