Names For New Weapons In D3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by slasher
oh ok cool will i'lll check it out for myself sounds like fun
If you want to hook up and play on the DVN server, let me know... I haven't been playing it too long, but I have some stuff I could probably help you with. And I have a zon, I think she's level 70. That's not strong enough to hell rush in Eastern Sun. Probably can't get all the way through Nightmare easily either. But I could rush you through normal and at least part of nightmare...

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Oh, and one other really cool thing... arrows for zons can be in stacks of 500+, regenerate like javelins (slowly), and can have magic, rare or unique mods :-D

slasher

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ohhhh that's reallly cooool
and yeah i doh mind hooking up on the DVN server it would be cool to play with someone than have to do it by yourself especially when you don;t know nothing about the new stuff

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Okay, I don't know where you are or what timezone etc you are in. I'll probably be on later tonight, but have some work to do before then. I'll look for ya.

slasher

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
nah man you will always see me on msn i am on all the time.....unlimited net access gotta love it

pyistazy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
heres a kool weapon idea i thoguht of

Andariel's Claw(unique sword)
150-350 dmg
300%ed
75-100 psn dmg
50-75 cold dmg
50% chance to cast lvl3 psn nova on strike
200 to def
1 to all skill lvls

this is my 1st weapon idea lemme no wht u thnk

o ya is es ne fun i may wanna try it

slasher

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i have not played for long a few days as far as online goes not much ppl but offline it's like a whole new game...meaning change is skills and stuff not so much quest you should try it...

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by pyistazy
heres a kool weapon idea i thoguht of

Andariel's Claw(unique sword)
150-350 dmg
300%ed
75-100 psn dmg
50-75 cold dmg
50% chance to cast lvl3 psn nova on strike
200 to def
1 to all skill lvls

this is my 1st weapon idea lemme no wht u thnk

o ya is es ne fun i may wanna try it
Seems like all the weapon or item ideas people suggest are pretty high powered.

I'd cut down on the damage level and maybe make it cast that poison ring cloud thing that Andy does, rather than the necro's poison nova.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hmm.... here is an absolute GODLY sword....

Tyreals Blade

2999-3000 1 Hand Damage
100% Chance to Block Strike
100% Life Leach
100% Mana Leach
Attacker Takes Damage of 3,000
900% Enhanced Damage
All Resist +255
Cold Absord +100%
Fire Absorb +100%
Lightening Absorb +100%
Magic Absorb +100%
Immune To Physical Damage
Cannot Be Frozen
Cannot Be Poisioned
!00% Chance to Cast Level 255 Frozen Orb on Striking
+255 All Skills
+5000 Life
+5000 to All Attributes
Indestuctable
Socketed 6

How GODLY is that!!!! Imagine if that was a real sword, not hacked, all legit, ppl would KILL for it!!

evilfrog331

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Staff of the Three Brothers

Unique Grim Staff

(Mage Class Only)
+10 to Vitality
+15 to Energy
+10 to Strength
+50 to maximum damage
+4 to Fire and Lightning skills
+1 to all Mage Skills
+1 to Cold Skills
Demonic Pact*
25% faster cast rate
Immune to Fire
Soul Catcher: Charges (1/1) Repairing does not refill this abilities charges.*

Demonic Pact: This is sort of a curse. Once you equip this item you can never unequip it. You can only equip secondary items (shields etc.). The Demonic power permanently corrupts you and the cursed item will remain with you forever. It sounds like a bad idea but this weapon is really damn strong.

Soul Catcher: You can only cast this item only ability once so you must choose what demon class monster you cast it on carefully. When you cast it on a monster it is a one hit kill on it and it's soul remains trapped inside your body (sort of like tal rasha and baal's soul stone) After you have caughten that monsters soul you gain a new ability called Demonic Metamorphosis that changes you into that demon monster. You gain bonuses when in that demon's form and its special attacks. You cannot catch souls of boss charactars.

So lets say you caught a soul of one of baal's minions. And you trained your mage well that it suits that type of demon charactar. You'd be one badass mage :)

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Hmmm some interesting ideas, but questionable implementation...

I don't like the ideas of:

1) Effectively losing the character, because you can never unequip the item.

2) Not being able to recharge the Soul Catcher and catch a different demon.

Why not let them recharge it (for a hideous amount of gold) and capture a different demon? I don't like 'gotchas' where if you mess up and capture a little blood moor demon, then you are SOL (Sh*t outta luck) forever.

And why not do something like the item cannot be unequipped until you die, and then the item disappears...

seamendemon

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i agree tyreals sword would be like that but then again they would have to make shadowfang and azewrath into godly swords which do atleast
1000-2000 dmg cuz those were the main swords fought with in hell
wouldnt u have to charge tyreals sword to get maximum power i mean like sacrifice
:Sac all but 1 life and Mana to use this sword. Cannot use potions/heal nothing:
becuz tyreal did charge all his might and energy into the sword when he bashed the worldstone

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Bul Kathos Raging Mask
(Unique Spired Helm)
+10 life
3% life stolen per hit
5% chance to cast lvl 1 nova when struck
Requirement -10%
+50 defense
+1 light radius
+3-10 cold damage

slasher

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
firstly about evilfrog's post......... i love that item really cool seeing that i love sorcs :p.... but i agree with lord about the only one time to cast the Soul Catcher i think they should be able to recharge and as lord said for hell of money when you thing about it money is worth something again even if it's for mage classes...

and well as for seamendemon's post i agree with you.....but i find that for being the main swords fought with in hell the azuewrath and shadowfang are really weak, i mean come on did they really think that angels and demons was in big battle with such weak weapons........but hey at least they made azuewrath alittle better now in the new patch 1.10......

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
If there is a Diablo 3, I'd hope we'd have mostly all-new items, but some favorites should come from D1 & D2, only modified and improved.

The new azurewrath looks like the right deal. A similar treatment to ShadowFang and some of the other swords and weapons would be good.

As for making weapons like that tyrael sword and some of those other uber-overpowered weapons... you'd have to make other weapons that were similarly powered... then to balance, armor items and other items that were scaled up too. Then you'd have to make the monsters a lot lot tougher so the game isn't too easy... then you'd have to make the players tougher so they can survive at lower difficuly / acts...

It's silly, you just end up scaling everything up and making the numbers look bigger without accomplishing anything.

Seems no one has any concept of 'challenge' and 'game balance'.

slasher

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no he did not own it he made it but it was lost when izual went to battle in the hellforge.....

Status
Not open for further replies.