Names For New Weapons In D3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by The_Immortal_King
nah, the item is to small to have a socket, if you socketed t with a flawless gem, you wouldn't even see the ring anymore
Sure you would. You only see the socketed gem/rune when you put your mouse over the item.

I think they should make it so all items can have sockets up to the number of inventory spaces they take. Wouldn't four socketed gloves, two socketed belts and eight socketed colossus blades be cool? Runeword boots? Six or eight socketed shields?

If you haven't noticed, the size of items in the inventory display is relative... not 1:1. That or all rings in diablo II are 1/8 as long as a balrog blade... thats collar sized.

Gems / rings / runes are supposed to actually be small. Perfect gems look big, but they are really little gems. Or when you put six perfect gems in a sword, you would have huge fist-sized globs hanging off of it. It would be a funky club then, not a sword.

Socketing rings and ammys makes perfect sense... what items in the real world are most likely to have a socket with a gem or jewel in it? RINGS AND NECKLACES!

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by evilfrog331
yah but if you could kill someone in a duel with the chance of killing htem with one hit, its kinda unbalanced..
So make it a 'decapitation strike' which does like double damage or something. And if you kill them with a decapitation strike, their head falls instead of their ear...

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by slasher
yeah it is even though i prefer sorc and zons i rather and axe for a barb that a sword.....do know why just do..
I really dislike Blizzard's prejudice for swords. Barbs should be able to use two-handed axes and maces with one hand, just like two-handed swords.

And the three chipped gem cube receipe should work with all weapon types...

slasher

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah i always wondered y they never had it like you can hold two axes like with swords....but i know if that question is ask they will come up with so stupid excuse like oh the swords a lighted than axes or the are smaller or something like that...but hey he a barb for crying out loud didn't they say he was like uber strong so that shouldn't be a problem for him to carry two axes

globalmayham

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
LOL "decapitation strike" man i would like to see that just like the
movie "gladiator" when maximus chops off that dood's head
and after your head falls off a message would appear across
the screen that says "FLAWLESS VICTORY" :D

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
About the 1 handed axes and stuff, what i don't get, is a 2 handed sword, for a druid lets say, is 1 hand for barb, so is a 2 hand axe, a 4 hand axe for druid, is messed up! lol!

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, its silly. Barbs should be able to use 2 handed axes and maces with one hand. Most people would still use swords anyways because of the greater speed and range.

slasher

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah they have that over the axes but the axes have more power so it's like one hit for them will kill while a sword would take like 2 or 3 hits to kill so they can't make it the same speed and range then it will be godly

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Diablo's Last Resort Claw:
100-(Depending On Difficulty Found 100-300) Damage
200%Ed
100% To Cast Lvl 50 Fire Ring When Slain
10% Life Leach

Baal's Iron Skull Helm:
666 Defence
2% Petrify on attack
2% Fire Nova on Attack
2% Duplicate Self When Attacked
2% Frozen Nova On Attack
10% Teleport When attacked

Pindleskin's Wraith Sword:
100-300 Damage
100% Stun On Attack
100% Corpse Explosion When Slain
100% Body's Items Will Drop

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by slasher
yeah they have that over the axes but the axes have more power so it's like one hit for them will kill while a sword would take like 2 or 3 hits to kill so they can't make it the same speed and range then it will be godly
Well, thats why swords / faster weapons are better. You hit more often for less damage - which keeps the enemy back on its heels (hit recovery). With the slower weapons, the monsters have a better chance to recover and hit you between swings - which can get you in recover-lock or block-lock.

slasher

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah that's ture.....but i still like the axes even though th swords do look way cooler on the person...

slasher

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i was nvr really into the barbs more sorcs then zons my fren like the barbs and he had a really good sword barb....but i always said if i made a barb i'll make and axe barb......i was in the process of making one but stop cuz i lost interest in it so it's just there at lvl 40 or something...:(

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
I stopped playing for a while, and my account with the axe bard waned and expired. :(

My first char was a Paladin which I played pretty exclusively for a long time, when LoD came out, I made an assassin, then a zon, then a sorc, then a druid... barb was the last class I tried. I even tried Necros first.

Once I learned barbs, I found them fun. But at first, they didn't appeal to me much.

slasher

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i'm not the run into battle type i like to stand for a distance and kill....you know nvr give them i chance to reach you :) :) rape from a far lol

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
That's why I made an Amazon for my first Eastern Sun character... it's a high power, challenging mod, and I wanted to keep my distance until I got more familiar with whats different.

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Many many different things. I don't know all of them because I haven't been playing it for too long.

50+ new sets.
Tons of new uniques.
Much better blue and yellow item mods possible.
New base item types (like katanas and such).
A scadload of new runewords.
All new runes based on Japanese katakana
New jems
Unique charms jewels
New special items
Tons of new crafting recipies which can make things like dual leech gloves and +2 skill rings
Major changes to skills and skill trees for characters, some classes more than others.
New monsters and monsters from Diablo I
Modified maps and quests
Higher difficulty

I really like it, it makes Diablo II fresh and new again, lots of stuff to discover

Status
Not open for further replies.