My wc3 runs like ****

ArMeD_SuRvIvOr

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... yea, a friend of mine told me to defrag my disk and I never did that lol. Now, that webpage lists this:
Windows® XP drivers and software are available for the following product types:
RADEON
ALL-IN-WONDER
TV Tuners
Remote Controls
FireGL
FireMV
RAGE
Motherboards with ATI Graphics
Notebooks with ATI Graphics

Should I download RADEON drivers? Motherboards with ATI graphics? Im really not sure :/

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
ArMeD_SuRvIvOr said:
well, I say that because a friend of mine has a GeForce FX5200 (64MB) and his game works perfectly fine (while I have a ATI Radeon 9250, 128MB). His computer is a little worser than mine... and he has no problems with the game!
FX 5200 can even be too much for wc3, this game can be runed with G4 MX440 perfectly.

ArMeD_SuRvIvOr

Reaction score
Um... well, I'm wrong, he has some video card called GeForce (I'll check it out later) ... I'm really not sure. By the way, which driver should I download? I'm sorry about my stupidity with computers... lol

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
ATI Catalyst needs to be installed depending on what version you have. You get this stuff at the ati website.

ArMeD_SuRvIvOr

Reaction score
And how do I know what version I currently have?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Dxdiag, how else. It may appear funny, but if you still have the exe for it, you can match it and find out easily what version you have. Either that or run Control Center in the newer versions.

ArMeD_SuRvIvOr

Reaction score
Ok... I downloaded the catalyst drivers, and didn't do anything. What can I do now? I feel that my computer has been possessed by the devil...

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
defragment doesnt do anything from my knowledge...

anwyays you saidy ou had ATI Radeon 9200 right?

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=640

and well, for mine (9600xt) it just updated itself automatically when I first installed it soooooo

anwyays, if all fails, format computer gogo! (I wouldnt format a computer just for playing games though.. but if you think otherwise..)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Defragment doesnt help at all. It just defrags files when the computer starts turning them into a "ball of clay". That feature breaks it.

Yeah, "nuking" your Winblows might help. But then again at the cost of EVERY FILE on your computer, unless you have CD backups.