My wc3 runs like ****

ArMeD_SuRvIvOr

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
hey there im new in these forums! look, my warcraft 3 runs perfectly in high quality (shadows, lighting, spell detail, textures, etc). But when more than about 30 or 40 units appear on my screen, it slows down (the game) it looks like there was lag. When I move the screen away from those units, it runs normally... what can i do? is it my computer? my video card?

my computer: AMD Sempron 2600+ 1.8 GHz
ATI Radeon 9250 128mb
512mb RAM memory

thank u for ur patience :)

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
I used to have the same problem and I forgot what I did.

Just try reinstalling Wc3.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
You are obviously running too many programs at once. Also, do not run Winamp while you are doing that.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
30 or 40 units are alot.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Not really...N_legend...come on! a battle between ur units(15) versus opponents(15)...

Like hellwolf said, try closing all background applications. Also press ctrl alt delete....and close any unnecessary processes...

ArMeD_SuRvIvOr

Reaction score
well, i reinstalled warcraft 3 and closed all unnecesary programs and the problem persists... what can i do?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Then you obviously have an illegal program or virus running that is eating your memory.

ArMeD_SuRvIvOr

Reaction score
then what kind of illegal program, so i can delete it? i dont think its a virus because i scanned my computer just yesterday and the viruses found were deleted.

ArMeD_SuRvIvOr

Reaction score
my internet connection is 1024 kbps (1mb), but i really dont think its my connection, since the problem shows up in single player too. =(

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Go to the Tech Forum, to the thread 'Files you need', and download HijackThis. Then run it and post the log here. You may have a keylogger or something.*

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
ArMeD_SuRvIvOr said:
hey there im new in these forums! look, my warcraft 3 runs perfectly in high quality (shadows, lighting, spell detail, textures, etc). But when more than about 30 or 40 units appear on my screen, it slows down (the game) it looks like there was lag. When I move the screen away from those units, it runs normally... what can i do? is it my computer? my video card?

my computer: AMD Sempron 2600+ 1.8 GHz
ATI Radeon 9250 128mb
512mb RAM memory

thank u for ur patience :)
yeah, I have sometimes this problem too, but very rarely, I haven't figure it out yet.

§tar§oft said:
I used to have the same problem and I forgot what I did.

Just try reinstalling Wc3.
to bad u forgot, anyways reinstalling doesn't fix the problem

Hellwolf_36 said:
You are obviously running too many programs at once. Also, do not run Winamp while you are doing that.
it is not this, it is something else.

Hellwolf_36 said:
Then you obviously have an illegal program or virus running that is eating your memory.
I had this problem and I was not connected to the internet.

Could it be because of the no-cd .....?

ArMeD_SuRvIvOr

Reaction score
yea... i have a no-cd crack, is that the problem?? wierd haha

ArMeD_SuRvIvOr

Reaction score
if its the no cd crack then... what can i do? i lost my cds...

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I think it's the no cd crack. I used one for WCIII and it made it so laggy I just stopped using it. I advise you to obtain some WC CD's, even if it means buying them. CD's are the best way to go for optimal game performance, atleast for me. :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
ArMeD_SuRvIvOr said:
then what kind of illegal program, so i can delete it? i dont think its a virus because i scanned my computer just yesterday and the viruses found were deleted.
You need spybot search and destroy to detect those kinds of things.

Also, just buy the CDs, the way the data is read from the disc will affect how the performance of a game is.

to avoid Double posting, please use the Edit button!

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
I think it's the no cd crack. I used one for WCIII and it made it so laggy I just stopped using it. I advise you to obtain some WC CD's, even if it means buying them. CD's are the best way to go for optimal game performance, atleast for me. :)
Yes u are right, but I hate to have to insert my cd every time I play. It is much more easier this way, even easier than the cd emulation programs (because of drive space and memory consumption).
I really hate these days games because of this, isn't enough that without a valid key no one can enter battle.net? They have to demand the cd every time I play so that after 1000 games could get broken because of ussage, and I would have to buy another one.

ArMeD_SuRvIvOr

Reaction score
well, that means i have to buy warcraft 3 frozen throne? =( i live in argentina... and original games are in spanish, i cant find an english version here =(

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
If u want to play on battle.net and also to loose that error u have to buy the original cd's. If u buy the original cd's u are eligible for Blizzard support and stuff like that.
If u don't want to buy from your country u can buy from the internet, though I can't imagine warcraft in spanish, I think only the typo on the box is in spanish. Don't u have friends that bought the game? Is it really in spanish?

ArMeD_SuRvIvOr

Reaction score
well, to be honest, I downloaded warcraft 3 tft from eMule. Then I wanted to buy an original copy but, sadly, it was in spanish (that means I cant play on battle.net) the typo on the box is spanish, yeah. And no, my friends dont have it. I really cant afford an original copy of any game from the internet, since here $1 dollar = $3 pesos. So its price goes up 3 times.