My views of things

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
as long as wc3 will be considered a professional game and tournaments and prize money will be given i dont think wc3 will be a gost town any time soon. with wow ..its sure great but my guess is it will start declining soon (i give it 6 months) its still newly launched so.. the interest its explained.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
When did you come back :p?

Yeah, maybe not for about 2 years or something. I am still amazed at how Starcraft is still going strong :)

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
i never left honey :p. I am a lot busier than I normally am.. with mYm and school but i keep an eye on the things here.

PS: Theroy + pan = sound like a happy married couple. when's the first kid coming?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Slim to none I am afraid.

But yeah Warcraft lives on Battle.net. But in this forum, its kinda a tumbleweed :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Ever since I have bought it, I play this game a lot with other blizzard games and Serious Sam titles. Even if my dad doesnt want me to play these games, I made most of my friends this way.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
this thread is oooooold as hell, but..
there it goes pan...
some things you said... i can't really agree:

"ghouls and fiends w/o DK are just shit"

--> man, try DL with sleep rush, or CL with beetles and fiends for creep - completely strong.

"Heros throw off balance, but other factors effect it. One thing is collision size. Fiends are fat, refering to the description an undead player gave them. reason why wyverns do so good, is wyverns have no collision size, allowing them to all get to a unit to focus quickly. More often than not, i have seen replays, where games have been decided becasue a hero falls in battle."

---> Fiends ARE fat for a reason, and the reason is *shiny eyes* - they must be harder to micro. Wyverns DO have a collision size, and AIR units spread automatically when they get too near.
There's not much sense in leaving a battle when you lose a hero... since you should have 2 or on rare situations, 3. And in the game start, it is kinda hard to lose a hero, unless you're noob... or got sleep/entagle/bolt/hex surrounded...
and if you're being focused by wyvs, you got a big advantage. hero armor takes less dmg from piercing attacks, just micro your hero out, and take wyvs 1 by one.

there are 34567890 thing i don't agree, but i'm lazy now and my time here at work is up =)

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
VBadGirl said:
i never left honey :p. I am a lot busier than I normally am.. with mYm and school but i keep an eye on the things here.

PS: Theroy + pan = sound like a happy married couple. when's the first kid coming?
What's that suppose to mean I don't even play.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Other things to do besides play wc3 all day = that

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wow. That's a very interesting post. It basically mirrors what most SC players say about the game (and why no serious player of SC wants heros of any type or sort).

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
--> man, try DL with sleep rush, or CL with beetles and fiends for creep - completely strong.
I do, and it is a fine strat up to a point. But When you have to play against good people, really good people these strategies don't work. I'm talking about the people who know how to counter sleep well, the people who get anticasters to take out beatles. DK carries the UD army. without nukes, Ud got nothing spectacular.

---> Fiends ARE fat for a reason, and the reason is *shiny eyes* - they must be harder to micro. Wyverns DO have a collision size, and AIR units spread automatically when they get too near.
The thing is, becasue they are fat, it becomes impossible for them to counter anything. Micro doesnt matter when 2/3 of your force can't get in range to attack the webbed units.

and if you're being focused by wyvs, you got a big advantage. hero armor takes less dmg from piercing attacks, just micro your hero out, and take wyvs 1 by one.
There will always be more wyverns than fiends, the simple fact being he starts pumping out wyverns, while the Ud struggles to tier 3 for the support in statues he needs. Even then wyverns in an even fight, 2 on 2 heros ORc wins out simply due to the chainwave, and the focus from wyverns becomes much more effective then fiends focus on wyverns. Plus Fiends web range is shorter than wyverns attack. Wyverns just blast fiends, regarless of armor type, wyverns just do more damage becasue of the way they attackm they have no collision size and all wyverns can get to a target faster than fiends can falling over eachother.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
the fact u are or not playing wasnt the issue here theroy =). just the way u love quarelling with pan.. just as always :p.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
RageWinterchill said:
Hrm... Seems like WC3 just got worse/more boring while I was gone... Pretty sad, I have to say, cuz I admit I had a lotta fun playing while I was still around. =\ Pan brings up good points though (*waves hello to Pan* ^^), the heroes, while they struck me as a very interesting idea when I first heard of WC3, do throw a lotta things outta whack. Hell, when I played, like 90% of my time was spent babying my heroes, and I'm pretty sure a lotta people still spend their time doing that. Maybe eventually they'll do something to even it out, I dunno. Only time I ever play WC3 anymore is to play custom maps. o_x;
Mostly because you like to engage within the dota discussions in our forums.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Pan said:
I do, and it is a fine strat up to a point. But When you have to play against good people, really good people these strategies don't work. I'm talking about the people who know how to counter sleep well, the people who get anticasters to take out beatles. DK carries the UD army. without nukes, Ud got nothing spectacular.
Yes maybe you should train more. Play cg-s vs good people , yes we both mean higher than 30, until it works. If you have micro, if you can counter the unexpected , then the reason why somebody wins is that they are better than you. Practice more if you have nothing else to learn as basic things.

pan said:
The thing is, becasue they are fat, it becomes impossible for them to counter anything. Micro doesnt matter when 2/3 of your force can't get in range to attack the webbed units.
I have problems beating UD with fiends and good micro than ghouls. I need to have noy just blizzard but some morts because:
1. when you use a footmen with defend - ok - but when 6-7 spiders ff on your foot the missles flow and kill your footmen even if you removed him on 3/4 hp of the max hp. Some fiends with DK cannot die as much as you ff on foots. Unless I have casters and even morts or AOE- clap and blizzard UD has advantage with fiends in tier 1 and the beginning of tier 2. It's easlilier to escaoe from melee unit. What can you say about that ? How to do it without losing a unit ? You see the advantage.

]

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I even once whiped out an army of crypt fiends single handedly with a Dl, dk, 3/2 Crack Ghouls, destroyers, necs and 3 meat wagons. The attack speed and the damage from the swords were a little too much.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
Pan said:
There will always be more wyverns than fiends, the simple fact being he starts pumping out wyverns, while the Ud struggles to tier 3 for the support in statues he needs. Even then wyverns in an even fight, 2 on 2 heros ORc wins out simply due to the chainwave, and the focus from wyverns becomes much more effective then fiends focus on wyverns. Plus Fiends web range is shorter than wyverns attack. Wyverns just blast fiends, regarless of armor type, wyverns just do more damage becasue of the way they attackm they have no collision size and all wyverns can get to a target faster than fiends can falling over eachother.
Plz tell me you're joking, please.
Statues are tier 2, web has got the biggest range in the game, wyverns are 4 food tier 2 and take extra damage from fiends, which are tier 1 3 food and take reduced from wyverns; fiends' got burrow, while wyvs cannnot escape web and good UD fiends players always have protection/healing scrolls. i hope you last post is full of irony and sarcasm, for real Pan.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Tell that to Pan when he brings Grunts, and Shaman with that combo.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
Hellwolf_36 said:
Tell that to Pan when he brings Grunts, and Shaman with that combo.
you're starting to make a point on this, hellwolf...
but if you got grunts and shamans, i just guess your army would be all cursed, my frontline fiends with AMS and luckly some possessed shamans to me :) ( i'm a banshee user, a UBER underused caster.)
still the grunts shaman will make it harder

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Sup Spirit Walkers with Disenchant. If you tried to possess my men, I would still have raiders to break your channel with a net. Or simply use some wyverns to kill your casters considering how much extra dmg you take. Hero wise that depends. I could **** you up with mirror images (Blademaster), I could stun a section of your army when AMS is gone (TC). There are many possibilites. Plus, I could cast BBV in the back, force your men to focus fire on shadow hunter and I would be in range well enough to slaughter you lol.

Reaction score
why cant you guys just admit that UD is a very cheap race, and orc can't do anything against it in a 1v1. Nova owns any orc army and will rape raiders and grunts, wyvs will be spread out if you web one, run, web another, run. Burrow makes microing 10x easier for fiends, and statues make them not die as fast and more mana for your heroes

destroyers is over for the orc army, have bats? web - dead. have HH? Nova - dead. What are you going to go against a ud army?