My sorc pvp ideas & questions… (read)

yuhoo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i have 75 block and 1313 life w/ like 51 dr and mana shield 1100 mana and like 7000 def or so may be like 6500

OneShotWonder

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i was going to not put more than 1 into nova and put lots into shicer amor.. I was thinking of puting alot into energy field but i i heard thats not a good idea cause it takes alot of mana per hit.. What should i do after I max ts,light mastery, frozen orb? i put 5 into cold mastery do i need more? or should I have the points..

dirkdig

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The best possible sorcs I have seen are 8fpc, they rape everyone, but don't use dr nor absorb :eek:
They tend to have 20-30 ping average and 70-80 fps, so thats really important. If you are one of the few that can get frame rates like that, then there is an alternate build few people use.

Check the diabloii.net guides, they are great but they might get taken down soon.

http://www.diabloii.net/strategy/x-guides/noz-sorc.php

THats a good one for pvp sorceress, though if you don't have a good connection this kind of sorc is pretty hard to use.

OneShotWonder

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by dirkdig
The best possible sorcs I have seen are 8fpc, they rape everyone, but don't use dr nor absorb :eek:
They tend to have 20-30 ping average and 70-80 fps, so thats really important. If you are one of the few that can get frame rates like that, then there is an alternate build few people use.

Check the diabloii.net guides, they are great but they might get taken down soon.

http://www.diabloii.net/strategy/x-guides/noz-sorc.php

THats a good one for pvp sorceress, though if you don't have a good connection this kind of sorc is pretty hard to use.
Thats a good guide i have seen it before just did not feel like reading it :p anywa whats 8fpc stand for (sorry lol newb) :p thanks alot for the help!

I have a cable modem and a brand new alienware computer

OSW

OneShotWonder

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think 1 in all cold and light skills but chilling amor i say use shiver amor put 10 into shiver armor 1 in warmth max ts, light mastery, frozen orb, cold mastery

I also think dr pvp sorc is great all around...

OSW

OneShotWonder

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol I think there are lots of ways to mess up your sorc lol... stats skills... if its pvm its not that big of a deal but pvp if you frighting some one thats built great you will get owned.. now there are more then one way to build a great sorc...

OSW

dirkdig

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
fpc is the speed at which you cast.
It mainly matters for teleport. The fact is, shiver armor is ok for 1 point in pubs but not that useful, warmth is much much better. I If you only have 1028 mana and 1 warmth u will be fuxed for mana, 1500 mana + 20 warmth means u can take a hit and wont get stopped. Sorcs that run and dont teleport will get owned by good duelers, its as simple as that.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sorcs that run and dont teleport get owned by ANY duelers lol...(unless a barbarian is too dumb to use berserk)

OneShotWonder

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by dirkdig
fpc is the speed at which you cast.
It mainly matters for teleport. The fact is, shiver armor is ok for 1 point in pubs but not that useful, warmth is much much better. I If you only have 1028 mana and 1 warmth u will be fuxed for mana, 1500 mana + 20 warmth means u can take a hit and wont get stopped. Sorcs that run and dont teleport will get owned by good duelers, its as simple as that.
How does this sound max cold mastery... and ten into warmth I only have 30 skill points left and i have like 254 stat points lol

OSW

influentz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
to keep a 75% block rate with a sorc... at clvl 90+ u'll need about 145-150 pts total dex to keep the rate... remember.. block rate decreases as lvl increases... dont know why they did that but... oh well?

influentz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
heh i have a pvp sorc... lvl 96 atm... uses orb/ts/hydra... she does great in duelz... has over 1.9k life without hex charms and occy rings... dont flame hydra... it's useful... just most ppl that flame it dont know how to use it...

btw i only put 1 pt into cold mastery... i have a bonus of 15 pts from items giving it slvl16.. which gives it over 82% piercing which is good enugh... coupled with a lvl 43 ts and lvl 43 light mastery... hehehe it'll add up...

influentz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
o and never maxx out nova for a pvp sorc... i know a few ppl that do that.. and it's a waste...

they say they use it for cows... so what? get 8 lightning skill charms... and put 1 pt only into nova... get close to a herd of cows... static till they hit half life... use frozen nova to slow... then nova u'r way till they drop... believe me... my sorc can clear an 8person cow run in less than 3 minz by herself... usually clearing out half the lvl befor the ppl get in... :p

OneShotWonder

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmmmm with my gear (all unbugged) I have about 26 pts in all maxed skills i need to drop a couple into cold mastery to hit 82 then ill put rest of points in what warmth??

OSW

OneShotWonder

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Oh one thing about the block rate so at like lvl 80 with gear ill have like 40% block rate as I get a higher lvl i'll have like 32-33??

PS: with the gear I have listed on page one at lvl 99 about how much dex would you say i needed to hit 74-75 block rate??

OSW

OneShotWonder

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by liqu1d_g0at
hey good sorc, my sorc is mf tho shes still good :D
when is USEast coming back online?
:D Thanks! I went to the blizz site and they said it shut down at 5 am this morning and may not be back up for like 24 hours! oh well... I just hope USEast is back up soon :(

OSW