My reps

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
My MUST SEE reps

Why must see? I deleted the other 2 replays, coz they weren't good and what do I bring here - my best game vs undead ever!!!! The oppo is hu but he played well enough with ud. Me: mass micro, awesome play by me! Just check out the micro and the mass savings! I won't tell more, see my best game vs ud!!!!

Details:
Estimated level of skill (corresponding to ladder level):
~35 (me) vs 34 (him - good stats imo lvl 26 at 60 wins and 60:38 solo)
Approx. duration: 40-50 minutes
Map: TerenasStand

And I was 5 months inactive, just made a number of games recently. That's right, skill remains and improves even for that long time, imo even for longer! I lose every game vs ud and look like a newb vs ud, but this was the real me!

Prev game vs him was on EI and i lost fast and with MK 1st. Now I know I can do well with AM 1st vs ud! :)

Come on watch it to break the boredom at least for a while.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Another late 'towering the elf' on TR. He was good but I'm better ;> Check out who's obsing my game xD, it's Hanf (used to be mTw now Imp.esp) hehe, that's real. And he's a pgamer that I've seen in many ESLs. Oh and not without your favourite >>>APM<<<, you don't - 206 for me vs 231 him. Pro apm ehh? If you don't wanna download it's not like u do smth with point in these forums anyway, just making your 9001st post, I don't care. Anyway, for those who need strats, a replay is better than tons of text.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I will watch these tommorow and give you my feedback in this post.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Ok thanks, I'm not really insisting people to watch them here. I would upload them to replayers.com if I wanted more downloads but it really needs to be smth very good almost pro-like to upload it there. Otherwise, there was one human in replayers who gave me tips and I felt like he's explaining things to a newb and I know to use healing scrolls or upg fm bombs, he just reminded me to use those things. But when someone sees it's like 'someone is teaching that newb', so I removed that from replayers and prefer to upload only vs very good players there.

Also when I played in BWCL it was interesting for me to see how some known -name players play and I watched like 40-50 replays a week. Then it would be too much to watch everything. Otherwise, I don't watch replays lately and I would watch if you uploaded smth, just because I don't watch them at all and it takes not more than 10-15 mins for one. I would watch some reps of you, theroy, only to see how you play but I would download them, yes. Now I'm going inactive TT.. even though I may come from time to time for a chat I won't be playing again... sig says for how long.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Lawl at the NE replay. I can't believe you managed to get away with a tower rush in his own yard. But that was also a curse, considering you lost cast to his protector, and had little room to micro manage. I am also amazed your opponent didnt bother making faeries or dryads. If he had done either of those, he would have made waste to your casters in a second. But then again, you could retreat to the towers and shoot em up with focus firing. Oh and foot @ 4:30:00 was priceless (3 HP and he gets away).

As for UD: You could have ended it 50x faster if you had gotten grys the moment he pumped out boms, or gotten bombs on the FMs. But you managed to take down his heroes and boms without thier aid. I also found it hilarious he had no expo and he paid 3 times at the tavern just to get DK back in action. Still an impressive victory nonetheless. Even though you were facing a procrastinator of a soloist, considering he started his expo when his first mine was low and you started yours way earlier.

Oh well, at least you upgraded your units this time :).

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
I upg my units every time, if a long game with exe - always; for a short game no need, that's why you may see in top replays short games never had upgs. As you can see knights die ridiculously fast, I'm starting to think they are crap vs ud. If ud masses fiends I cannot get griffs, I need lvl 3 or 5 pala to heal them coz grifs vs fiends... . Then I use upg knights who as you can see mb not this game but can die so fast vs fiends focusing at them.. I use mass scrolls and stil.. I don't get it what's with the knights.

I saw a pro using griffs, not that I haven't seen that 1000 times, but with knights dying so fast I decided to rather do griffs than knights. But when he makes 2-3 fiends and even when I kill them, with lvl 1 or 2 holy light and staff while webbed I cannot save a griff. That sucks and knights die like peasants.

What I saw was also how many good humans just prefer to own ud with tanks and towers. Smth I partially include but do not do well. Also I have the habit to attack workers but I should do it more often and with zep too. Towers+tanks+kill his workers = gg I don't care about whether it's a lame win vs ud or not... that's ud. And the others noobz say OMGZPLZZZ nerf Human towers&tanks... ok but how about nerfing coil or dk or lich, or fiends with 1 focus = gg footman.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Zeppelin only works if the enemy is stupid and you manage to get away with it. Much like how you got away with towering against the NE on his own base. Especially when you have such little land to work with in Turtle Rock.

As for Knights, they only have 985 when fully upped. And even then, 5-11 armor against magic debuffs, or other melee won't let them last long. I know because I had a FFA recently and I slaughtered a HU guy thrice, and he too had knights. He also had rifles, some tanks (since I had wvys&bats at one point, but swapped to raiders after the second attack), but virtually not many casters for himself. Even then, the knights were dying pretty fast.

My men were 3/3 in everything and I had Master on SW&Docs. And all my heroes were 6+ (8 BM, 7 SH, 6 TC).
Tauren's pulverize wrecks them (the damage from Tauren + 60), and Walkers do double damage against them (17-22 * 2 - dr of Knight). Plus the BM crits (4x damage), and bladestorm (110 * 7). Although orc, it proves that knights still die pretty fast. The only advantage you would have is if you get more Knights than he does focus firers, and you can still endure even after they get Frost Nova. I don't usually have that problem, since I usually carry Scroll of Speed and that negates the movement speed slow.

Griffs are only good when the situation calls for them. Like your UD opponent. He swapped to Aboms, and that was the perfect time to start getting griffs, because he was assuming you were still going knights. And Aboms have more HP (1175), damage (up to 60 of the knight's attack speed), a skill that cancels out HP regen of Knight (up to 120 damage) AND can eat corpses of any fallen. The only thing it loses in is Movement speed, which is the knight's only true advantage. But griffs as you know, do double to aboms. But you couldnt flood them, or he would either have gotten gargs
or dest and/or wyrms. Then if your griffs had died, then your knights would have been in worse **** than they started.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
What? Zep is excellent for killing ud workers and just for micro, I've seen it many times and I don't have the habit to use it that much.

Griffs are the way to go vs ud with ghouls ofc you need to surprise him before he makes many fiends. But knights are the only chance if he has fiends. When I am back to play ladder, I'll watch some tops to see what they use, I know it hasn't changed much but to see how tanks and towers and forget about other units, just griffs&knights after enough wokers are killed. I really need to work on my 'kill workers all the time' technique.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I know Zeppelins are good for that. I am saying that it works better against someone who either doesnt expect you to do it, or is stupid and doesnt defend his Haunted Gold Mine properly.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
You Need VERY good control coz the damn fiends ... that's what I'm saying a very good hu to teach me to make 'em properly.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Of course. It's worse if the thing is shot down in mid air.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
I deleted to upload smth better than those so far.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You seriously shouldnt delete your replays cause they are bad or nobody will watch them. You know I will.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Did you see the one on TR? And I didn't expect you to be so fast as to see that I uploaded a game vs good orc (solo lvl 29 at 67 wins) from who I lost. I removed them just 5 mins after uploading. Don't worry, I'd better post more worthy. Though if you compare what I post now and what I used to post 2 years ago, I don't upload crappy games&random wins, right?And I don't make that crappy games too even vs Pro Gosu Hasu Players. And would never upload smth 'look I played vs pro but crappy'. That game vs the orc was continuous and not crappy but I didn't show my best.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah but since you were facing orc, I could have 1) Learned from that and 2) Helped you out with what went wrong.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
xD

I started the ladder day with killing my lvl 2 hero in the creeps but made some nice games.

1) also not bad orc player, I saved the replay only to see how did he made more and more units when I slowed him so much.

2) loss but I liked it. When I lose vs such, I lose with smile and pleasure that I made a nice game. When I lose from noob undeads I get pissed off and if I play after that I make more losses from anger.

3)win vs elf lvl 31 on 200 wins, not good stats but this is warming up for the serious stats opponents, oh the human was 43:20 which is good, I might say ;> I gave it up but I thought I was gonna win and I would do so even if it were Sky vs me.

I think Theroy is like this elf, so I can own him many times.

game 4: vs hu lvl 31, he had skill but I outplayed him... Anything to say? Because I have what to say: I am starting to get good at this game, dude! I own these and almost win vs good stats players. When they ask me about my lvl I say 35 , because I think I'm the skill of that level, not even 30 anymore. I'm awesome!

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Cannot edit. I suppose you have downloaded the other games, now here is a game vs good orc you sure will enjoy! A long game, absolutely 2-sided with many battles. ;>

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
The acc you see in the replays, I made losses => I got pissed off of mass undeads => I made free losses&abandoned it => it had 5 losses more. I started new accounts, they didn't go the way I wanted, changed them, and started back from this one (I was so sick of starting new accounts). I made 7 wins in a row and returned the more wins.

Take this ud (he tried to mass expand but I owned him everywhere, and lately I own undeads, nice!)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
@ggUndead: I see you tried something different vs UD. You went tanks instead of FM and used gryphons along with the knights moer effectively. But the real strategy there was to get him distracted with your army while your tanks made work of his expos and buildings, causing him to make "multiple decisions" that he would either crack under pressure and surrender, or try something reckless and you counter his expo. It is a classic strategy for ANY game.

@Orc: It seems your orc player was a tad bit foolish the moment he lost his BM, considering he expos end game and you had him on the ropes with breakers. However, you used invis well and that is something I don't really see in HU 2on2 or Solo for that matter. It is a good spell, considering it hides a unit for 2min. Too bad his BM had boots, cause it was the only reason he was turning your AM into cottage cheese.
All and all he was actually pretty good, especially when getting rid of your caster army with just Raiders and SW and a Level 5 SH, I really learned a lot from him just by watching him. But if I was him, I would have probably expoed a little earlier and carried a few more grunts to deal with your breakers (which was the unit that survived the most in your battles, he only killed yours because he snared solo ones).

Btw, what was the APM for your enemy in both those games?

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
@vs ud. Yes, ur right, that's the idea to distract him say in the base while tanks ground the expand. or vice versa. I am not very used to doing it properly but that is how they play in higher levels. As for grifs+knights - i realized knights alone die too fast (told u before), griffs alone is also good btw but kngihts may be needed. But ever since I started using griffs instead of knights, i may lose one or two but kill fiends, i make wins vs ud. Yesterday I lost a game only coz with fm I couldn't kill the alter he got his heroes back and luckily won. So tanks ftw! All use that or fms.