Music Quality

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
so does any one here care what it is in/ deos it matter for you? as long as i dont have to play around with my audio controls for random songs its fine with me

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
im fussy. at least 192kbps usually 256kbps, ''CD quality'' for .MP3. il use .FLAC if i can for lossless.

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
I rip all my music in V0 MP3 (HQ VBR Lame Encoded). It's the VBR equivalent of 320, though the average bit rate is generally somewhere in the 200s. Only slightly less quality than 320, much less space. Some stuff is also in V2 (256 equivalent). Most of my favourite albums are in ALAC though (apple lossless).

I use Exact Audio Copy to rip everything. I don't trust the pesky iTunes import or any other programs to get it done.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Even as a musician I could care less about the quality. Unless it was recorded by a cell phone or something of equal crapiness I generally could care less.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
With only 80Gb to store my por - I mean - programs and work and stuff, and only rubbish speakers, I get by with the basic ripping but apparently, I've still ripped them at too high a quality because I played those MP3s on a huge bass and the quality was really good.

But I can tell the difference between good and moderate quality with my ears. Just a shame I'll never be able to get the good stuff any time soon.*

Reaction score
All music I create is ripped/exported into 512, cd's I rip onto the computer are 256. Anything below and you can notice a differnece.

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
Just had 3 days of freeleech on all FLACs over at what.cd?... that was an awesome 3 days. Really gave me a chance to build up the lossless part of my collection.