Multiple universes

So what do you think of my theory?

• What the hell is he talking about?

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I agree

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I disagree

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • You just split my mind in two asshole.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • I will steal this theory and use it to try to impress people.

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

themonkeyc

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
multiple dimensions

ok, im a little confused about that multiple universe thing. who thinks something about there being more dimensions than 4

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by themonkeyc
do u mean more than our four dimensions ( yes i mean 4, time is a dimension idiots), like that kind of universe or like multiple plans of reality... or are they the same thing? o well, i liek the sound of your idea. its also just possible this is another way we try and explain things that conufse us, like ghost, flying saucers. etc

i dunno
Multiple planes, yes.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Yea, this is basicly the same as the other topic on this, so I'm merging.

themonkeyc

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dont try and think about the first dimension. i bet it can cause insanity. even though nothing in our universe is 2d i can still imagine it. 1 dimension; no length, just width or th other way around... scary

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
There are 11 dimensions. 5-9 are Grassman, 10-11 are super gravity.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Picture nothing...Just...White.
A big empty amount of white nothing.
Now gravity, or weight! No sence of sight or pressure from matter.
No life or death, no heaven or hell. No god or devil. No law or rules, no black or dust ect...
No sound or hearing. Not even the sound or silence!
Picture a place where light & heat ARE matter.
Where anything goes or comes acts like it was never there! For if you teleported there, time would act like nothing, you would BE nothing! No memory of an element or knolage**
Picture... A place of no space, where as you can see... even no space makes space, for space deletes space in where space is needed.
Picture...My mind!
lol

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There can only be one universe. The prefix uni means one, like a unicycle has one wheel. The universe has all matter inside it and there can only be one.
A parallel universe is something like if you were sitting down at your computer right now, the exact same you would be doing the exact same thing in some other place.
Multiple universes would mean more than one, and they are all different. Parallel and multiple universes aren't the same.
Someone mentioned the universe expanding. It isn't expanding but everything in it is moving away from the centre of the universe, or wherever the big bang was because the force from it is still moving it.

MacMan

Reaction score
Monkey that's the most ill informed documentation of 11dsg I've ever seen, and it gives only speculation, not evidence, on top of that.

11 dimensional super gravity is among one theory (along side string theory and several others) which has yet to be linked to an "M theory" (the theory of everything). It's basics are that through Grassman numbers (a*b=-a*b) the 5-9th dimensions have been curled out of view, and the 10-11th play a part in a special gravity.

Treefrog, you, like so many others here, have no idea what you are talking about. Please do not try to find some cosmic significance that can bend all rules of science through the English spelling of universe. If you knew anything about quantum uncertainty you would understand why you are wrong.

elfstone

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
small problem. Time@space you state that the gravitational pull of a blak hole is infinite. I find this to be untrue because of the fact that black holes emit x-rays. although very small the particles in x-rays hav mass, and if the pull of a black hole were infinite, then they would not escape.

universe is named universe because of the self important veiws of the human race. like say the geocentric theory. man loves to beleive that he is the center of the universe, or reality itself, or even unreality if such a thing exists.

also i hate to burst your bubble but light has mass.

So the speed of light then must just be made up too huh. what is light? Particles, and we are able to easure their speed in different media.

MacMan you speak as if you know all, and try to prove your point by inuslting others. also you are saying that one untested theory is inorrect because another unproven theory does not agree. either that or you are misunderstanding what I am saying, and therefore have no idea what you are talking about.

My theory is based mainly on infinity. Being infinitely close to something while never reahing it. Some other principles ome into play too.

MacMan

Reaction score
You are right about black holes not having infinite pull, and easier way to say that would be to say if they had infinite pull, they would have swallowed everything already.

Again, spelling has nothing to do with facts.

If light had mass, it would have infinite mass (I posted the time dilation equation in some other thread), and although renormalization can apply to other particles, to get a mass of 0 again would be impossible.

I wasn't saying 11dsg disproved anything, I was telling someone who asked what the other dimensions were.

In mathematics that is a simple example of exponential decay, however there are limits in physics and the physical world, so eventually you are going to touch.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's really funny how people go on about things they do not understand at all. Why don't some fo you read before you speak. There are many books in quantum mechanics and physics that prove mathematically the existence of other dimentions and these books have intresting proofs about the probability of reality changing in any possible direction. It's easy - everything is possible at any given moment, but the probability of it happening is so small that it doesn't... most of the time. These proofs are complex, but exact and mathematically correct!

MacMan

Reaction score
Mathematics and physics are two different things, what's true in the world of math is not always true in the physical world. I've read many books on quantum and classical physics, and I've never seen a proof for the existence of multiple universes, although I do believe in them, things like uncertainty and the anthropic principle don't suffice as formal proofs, and with the absence of most yet unknown quantum theorems, I don't see how they could prove anything with real facts yet, it's easy to prove things like Winston Churchill was a carrot, and 1=2, when you aren't using the facts correctly. If you have a copy of one of these proofs, I would love to see it.

themonkeyc

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Acoustic Kitchen
There are many books in quantum mechanics and physics that prove mathematically the existence of other dimentions
einstein proved the existence of wormholes mathamatically, but we have seen no indication of one. just because we havent discovered any wormholes doesnt mean they dont exist. also, just because there is mathamatical evidence ("proof") of wormholes doesnt mean they exist. my point is, that when someone proves something with mathamatics, that does not necessarily make it absolutley true.

also, people who post here at least know something on the subject, even though they may not have read books about quantam mechanics.