Multiple Games in the Works - Blizzard Confirmation

L

Laharl

As much as I'd like to believe that, spambot, it's simply not true. Their Diablo and Starcraft player bases are leaving to play other games, such as Warcraft III and WoW.

Blizzard does seem to enjoy killing off their player base(s).

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Miles Prower said:
As much as I'd like to believe that, spambot, it's simply not true. Their Diablo and Starcraft player bases are leaving to play other games, such as Warcraft III and WoW.

Blizzard does seem to enjoy killing off their player base(s).
No, what I mean is that if there are, say, 100,000 copies of Diablo III bought on the first day of its debut on January 1, 2008, then there will be about 100,000 copies bought on September 1, 2008 - unless the excitement dies down (which, looking at the replies in this thread alone, won't).*

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, many people arent hyped up about Diablo 3 and many people will feel that paying $80 - $100 for it will be too much and will wait until its about $60 before they buy it.

Oh and I think saying "first day of its debut" is strange seeing as debut and first day kinda mean the same thing in that sentence

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
McGorilla said:
Yeah, many people arent hyped up about Diablo 3 and many people will feel that paying $80 - $100 for it will be too much and will wait until its about $60 before they buy it.

Oh and I think saying "first day of its debut" is strange seeing as debut and first day kinda mean the same thing in that sentence
Well, true, but I was referring to the first debut in a country (like how some countries debut games later).*

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Every delay doesn't cost money and sales. Blizzard has a huge player base. And like it or not, fans game hop. Most true gamers can play the strategy games when they come out, but when the next RPG game comes, they get that and play that. Blizzard releases Ghost a FPS, people are going to hop to that. You arn't killing oyur userbase when you have 6 million WOW subscribers double that of the next best MMORPG.

If anyhting, Ghost is released and it sucked ass, you think it would not be more devistating in the long run. Blizzard has never released a bomb. They never released a C&C Renegade type game that disapoints. So rather than release a game that they feel isn't good enough and keep a reputation for the best games ever, than release Ghost and sell a few thousand copies, but have people pissed at how shit the game is.

beekay

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and trust me i will be here alot, I play counter-strike and have already told everyone i'm quitting when D3 comes out i run #DiabloIII on irc.gamesurge.net (just opened it today) and i'm already addicted and bought a new computer so i can play lol :p