Multiboxing with Diablo 3

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
What would you figure a good build would be for multiboxing with Diablo 3? Minimum system stats for Diablo 3 are far from a multi-box necessity.

I would suggest a minimum:
intel core i7 of 2.5ghz +
6gb RAM
geforce gtx 570+ or and ATI 5730+

Remember these are minimums.

5harp

Reaction score
What would you figure a good build would be for multiboxing with Diablo 3? Minimum system stats for Diablo 3 are far from a multi-box necessity.

I would suggest a minimum:
intel core i7 of 2.5ghz +
6gb RAM
geforce gtx 570+ or and ATI 5730+

Remember these are minimums.
That may do the trick. It depends how many windows you are opening, if you're talking about 4, I'd think about using more ram. Anything under would seem alright to me.

Personally I wouldn't do it on one computer because I wouldn't want to get flagged by Blizzard for software broadcasting. VPM's can be a good way to make it more untraceable though, but that can get tricky.

Nvidia cards are also normally capped with 2 monitors which can be annoying depnding on your thirst for full screen. I think the best approach is to use more than one rig... you can build cheap ones that can run diablo 3 for ~250-300 dollars these days.

Of course you're talking about additional surge protectors, wires running through the house, higher electricity bills, lots of (possibly) unwanted heat and the chance of of tripping your breaker.

I wrote a pretty in depth blog about multiboxing in general and the ways to go about it here: Multiboxing Diablo 3 the Methods, the Work and the Rewards