MtG Deck: Sliver Madness

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
This is the deck I've been using to mop the floor with most of my friendly competitors...as Slivers are very formidable creatures, I'd advise you not to play this one too seriously. People won't like you...

Deck Legality: Legal for T1 only
Deck Rating: Competitive
Total Deck Size: 100 cards

Lands:
4x Bayou (Swamp Forest)
4x Scrubland (Plains Swamp)
4x Plateau (Plains Mountain)
4x Tundra (Plains Island)
4x Savannah (Plains Forest)
4x Badlands (Mountain Swamp)
4x Taiga (Mountain Forest)
4x Underground Sea (Island Swamp)
4x Volcanic Island (Island Mountain)
4x Tropical Island (Island Forest)

Artifacts:
1x Black Lotus (Y'all know this one >_O)
1x Mox Jet (0-cost tap for 1 Black)
1x Mox Sapphire (0-cost tap for 1 Blue)
1x Mox Ruby (0-cost tap for 1 Red)
1x Mox Emerald (0-cost tap for 1 Green)
1x Mox Pearl (0-cost tap for one White)
1x Jet Medallion (2-cost Black spells cost 1 Colorless less)
1x Sapphire Medallion (2-cost Blue spells cost 1 Colorless less)
1x Ruby Medallion (2-cost Red spells cost 1 Colorless less)
1x Emerald Medallion (2-cost Green spells cost 1 Colorless less)
1x Pearl Medallion (2-cost White spells cost 1 Colorless less)

Creatures:
1x Sliver Overlord
1x Sliver Queen
1x Sliver Legion
3x Muscle Sliver
1x Shifting Sliver
1x Root Sliver
2x Sinew Sliver
2x Might Sliver
3x Plated Sliver
2x Hunter Sliver
2x Talon Sliver
2x Winged Sliver
1x Magma Sliver
1x Ward Sliver
1x Synapse Sliver
1x Quilled Sliver
1x Synchronous Sliver
3x Crypt Sliver
3x Horned Sliver
3x Bonesplitter Sliver
3x Blade Sliver
2x Brood Sliver
3x Heart Sliver
2x Essence Sliver
2x Crystalline Sliver
1x Firewake Sliver
1x Gemhide Sliver

Notes on Deck Play:
This deck is built for one thing: to get out as many Slivers as possible, all of them boosting one another. Getting out even 2 Slivers can make them tough...getting a whole brood can be like sending Hell's own army at the opponent. This deck uses 4 of every kind of dual land, allowing for pretty smooth playing of the wide range of colors that Slivers span. As land/creature balance goes, it's pretty even, although as with any deck sometimes you get a bad hand.

Slivers work pretty fast if you get what you need, and they "evolve" very quickly. Slivers are so blasted good that every ruleset other than T1 has banned them...so be careful about playing people who take themselves too seriously. This is a good deck, but it's not unbeatable. A guy online wtfpwned me two games in a row, total time maybe 5 minutes.

Important is land management, and making sure you have the right balance so that tapping for one mana type doesn't short you on another. Sometimes large plays can take some careful consideration on just how to tap for and spend your mana.

The Legendary Slivers are ridiculously good, the Sliver Queen and Sliver Legion working exceptionally well together to spawn an army that grows ever larger and ever stronger. Sliver Overlord is in there to pull exactly which Sliver answers the call for your current situation.

Final analysis: Sliver Madness is a rocksolid deck that can do really well against most decks, but it has its weak points. As strong as your Slivers may be, this deck affords no protection against "burn" attacks, and dealing with damage absorption from those enemies who manage to slip past your standing army with Unblockables. One disadvantage to Sliver Madness is that it's vulnerable to all types of Landwalks, as it utilizes all types of land.

If you happen to come up against this deck, don't cry. Try to deal in burn damage and move as quickly as you can to defend yourself. Slivers can usually do significant damage quite rapidly, so get a wall up ASAP. If you can utilize a Landwalk, do so. If you can use other Unblockable tactics, do so. If your opponent happens to get out his Crystalline Slivers, do broad-effect spells like Wrath of God to wipe the board. Dealing with Magic's deadliest race can be tricky, but it's survivable.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just to let you know that with so many cards in this deck a 1 vs 1 is not a good idea. This is more based for multi action. Because of so many cards it takes a while to get started and thus the slow paced of multi fits this deck very well. I'll post my sliver versions when i Get the chance