Most Unique Win

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
what melee game did you have the most unique win with? i have a decent one..

i was playing with 2 other players and 2 computers, 1 computer was zerg, 1 was protoss, 1 ally was terran, 1 was zerg, and i was protoss.. well i raped the zerg base pretty fast, and let the other two worry about the protoss base.. in the mean time, i MCed a drone and SCV, and started making a 3-race base in my main area.. well, the zerg got guardians and started killing the protoss comp, while the protoss were off killing the terran guy.. and he brought a cc to my base to stay alive.. after his main base was gone, the protoss comp headed back to its base as defense, and killed all of the zerg guy's guardians.. with 3 buildings left.. so the terran and zerg guys have no units left.. but i had been busy in my base.. i made a cc and a queen, infested the cc, made 12 infested terrans, and an arbiter, then used the perma-cloak trick to make 12 invisible infested terrans.. that i ran right by the forces in the detectorless base to kill the comp's last 3 buildings.. it was funny :p

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Ah shoot, I used to have an awesome replay of a game a few of my buddies and I got stuck in. I remember SwordTip was with us, and possibly Sakuhta on a 3v3c low-money map.

Keeping in mind we're all newbs, this was a pretty big challenge for us, however we had been doing decent in 3v2c games, so we decided to take it up a notch. Sakuhta was Protoss, and SwordTip and I were Terran.

Early off in the game, SwordTip amassed a large army which he sent in an all-out assault on the computer. Unfortunately at that same point, 2 of the 3 computers had a large force combined just outside his base. So while his ground units were all running through a chokepoint, they got picked off by the larger 2 comp army.

As Sakuhta sent some reinforcements to SwordTip's base to help defend against the oncoming onslaught, I think he got rushed as well, and completely caught by surprise.

SwordTip managed to sneak an SCV, and Sakuhta his Probes into my base as their buildings were destroyed.

Just me harboring mineraless SwordTip, and Sak who began mooching off my resources, to defend against 3 computers.

In the meantime I had been rushed pretty bad as well, and a Ling rush almost killed my outer base defenses, leaving me completely defenseless early off in the game. In the meantime however, I had been redoubling my defenses, and massing up tanks behind Supply Depot walls to keep the mindless AI out.

Between the crises of running out of minerals, conserving what little I had, and still affording repairs and replacements, we managed to come out on top, even after Sakuhta and SwordTip disconnected as I was launching my counter-offensive after all three computers had run out of resources.

If any of you guys still have that replay, I'd be VERY appreciative if you posted it. It might still be attached to one of my posts here come to think of it....

---EDIT---

I knew I wanted braging rights in the future, here you go.
http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?p=859983#post859983

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
One of my last Melee games I played with a new account I created called Tenor. I was angry for some reason (I can't remember why), and I felt like playing a 2v2 on Lost Temple. I also chose to be Terran, my (by far) worst race.

I started off the game by teching immediately to Vultures. I had built two factories, so I started pumping them out. At the same time, I built a Starport. I sent the Vultures (now with mines) into an enemy Zerg base. He killed a couple with sunken colonies at his expansion, but the other two slipped into his main, unprotected base and killed off most of his workers. I planted mines in his workers and send my vultures back behind his mineral deposit. He sent hydralisks after my vultures. The mines followed his hydralisks and destroyed more of his workers, but he killed my vultures.

While all that was happening, I was building Wraiths back at my base. Once I got a couple, I attacked my other opponent. He was Zerg, too, and had hordes of Hydralisks attacking my ally. His Overlords were defenseless, so I took out all that I could find before he brought some Hydralisks to kill my Wraiths.

While that was happening, I was expanding. I created four (yes, four) Command Centers. and started pumping out Siege Tanks and Marines. I put one Command Center at my expansion and forgot about the others until I made a Science Facility and began making Nuclear Silos. The Zergs tried attacking me together, but I had too many tanks, Marines, and Vultures for them to really impact me at all. Once they attacked, I began to attack: I pushed the first Zerg with tanks while planting mines using Vultures. I dropped two nukes on his expansion and started building a couple more. A couple of my command centers were still just doing nothing. Before the second wave of nukes hit, both the enemies left.

The most interesting thing about this game was that I went into it just screwing around; I hate the Terran race, I expected to get rushed (two Zergs on temple?) in the first place, and I never expected to win. I ended the game with four or so spare Command Centers. I just started building them instead of supply depots.

B)ushid(o

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
1v1 Ladder game on LT.

I was Terran and my opponent was Protoss. I managed to expand pretty early in the game onto a mineral patch left of 12:00, which happened to be my opponents base. I was stupid enough to build a poor defense and ended up being owned by a group of 12-18 Zealots, maybe even less. Luckily he hadn't found my expansion base, yet and I began construction on a small defense. I manage to pump out a small army of Firebats and Marines and after it looked like he had exhausted his mineral supply for the time being I attacked and managed to break through his also weak defense. My first group had been destroyed by newly pumped Zealots, but I sent newly trained Marines in and managed to clean up all resistance.

It was such a Noob vs. Noob fight.