Most Powerful Unit

What is the most powerful unit out of these?

• Total voters

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Think hard on this one. I was trying to find the poll on this question on Starcraft.org but I couldn't so I'll post one myself.

Only options you can choose are from the poll.

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if the DA had infinate energy i would have voted for it. but since it doesn't i voted carrier. 8 interceptors do kinda stink

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ya know, I would've voted carrier, but that's only true for pvt. They're slightly overpowered vs terran. They kinda suck vs the other races, though I've seen them succeed vs z and (more so) vs p.(albeit rare occasions)

Can't vote for most powerful unit since there isn't one.

Edit: I do lean towards corsairs, though. They can beat most air units for cost and comes wit' 2 d-webs a pop. And they're amongst the fastest units in the game.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
We're talking hypothetical here. I would have to say Dark Archon is the most powerful unit. So you pretend all units have infinite energy. Lets see, a Battlecruiser comes and tries to Yamato it, has to charge up right? Well during that time a DA can MC it. A carrier is one of Starcraft's longest unit to build with the addition of interceptors. And it's pretty big which gives it vurnability. Any zerg units comes, and boom their frozen for quite a few seconds by maelstrome which gives the DA enough time to run away or do soemthing else. A lot of units have energy, that's where feedback comes into play.
Corsair? The most powerful unit? I'm not quite sure, but the last time I checked one carrier with 8 interceptors or 1 BC can kill a corsair before the corsair can kill them.

Zeroth

Member!
Reaction score
DA, no doubt. MIND CONTROL DAMNIT! MIND CONTROL! 3 armies in 1 pretty much...

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you can say that DA can MC everything and therefore would win in any 1v1

I can apply the same thing and say that wraiths are the most powerful because they can cloak and kill anything before time runs out, they can't be maelstormed...and if they are stormed, then the high temp will die before the wraith because of course ur going to stay close to the temp when you attack it.......

This isn't the way to determine which is the most "powerful" unit...

In SC, there isn't a unit that is most "powerful" because all units have different counters. For example, marines and medics can be powerful against hydras and lings, but are weak compared to a fleet of battlecruisers. The battlecruisers, in turn, are wasted by a group of carriers, which are then wasted by wraiths, which are wasted by goons, which are wasted by tanks....etc.......the list goes on forever....

simpleforce

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
an army of normal archons are best or a army of guardians

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lwek said:
Corsair? The most powerful unit? I'm not quite sure, but the last time I checked one carrier with 8 interceptors or 1 BC can kill a corsair before the corsair can kill them.
Question: Why would I make sairs against carrs/BCs? :rolleyes
Of course, it has counters. I was talking about in terms of cost-effectiveness. Notice I said sairs can beat MOST air units for cost.
You talk as if DAs are uncounterable. :rolleyes

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Phoenix2003 said:
Ya know, I would've voted carrier, but that's only true for pvt. They're slightly overpowered vs terran.
But he's saying if everything were fully upgraded...

Though the initial charge-up does take some time, don't you think a BC getting a shot of it's Yomato Gun would sort of seal the fate of a 1v1 battle?

(Not taking into account the fact that a Carrier can outrun a BC, though that wouldn't do much good as Yomato can go quite far.)

I voted for DA out of the 3 units specified. Kinda unfair to pit that unit against any other unit in the game for a 1v1 dude...

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If everything were fully upgraded than I still wouldn't vote for DAs.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
I asked for most powerful unit, I didn't ask for most perfect unit. As you all are aware of, every unit has weaknesses, but which one of those units do you think is the most powerful?

Phoenix2003, that's great that you think Corsairs are one of the most powerful air killers(this thread is about most powerful unit[no 's' at the end]). But I think it's best if you create a thread about it. Hey, that's actually not a bad idea. What is the most powerful air killer?

simpleforce

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok then unit vs unit ghost fully upgraded for a to a, try and beat that, or ground to ground DTemplar, beat those

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lwek said:
I asked for most powerful unit, I didn't ask for most perfect unit. As you all are aware of, every unit has weaknesses, but which one of those units do you think is the most powerful?
According to your definition then......there is only 1 answer....wraith... nothing can beat it 1v1

Biske

Reaction score
Wait wait...most powerful? Dark Archon has no offensive capabilities...so wouldn't that count it out of the most "powerful"? Now, if it were most strategically played out of the 3, then of course the DA, but power kinda denotes attack and defence points...doesn't it?

So, um...I'm gunna go with the "Which ever has the popular vote" option...that's gunna be the DA, right? lol....or the Wraith?

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Prox said:
... Now, if it were most strategically played out of the 3, then of course the DA, but power kinda denotes attack and defence points...doesn't it?
If you really wanted to get technical about it, power is defined as the control exerted over others whether through force or authority.

The Dark Archon is very capable of exserting power and dominance over most of those units from Mind Control alone, thus making it the most powerful unit listed there for 1v1 combat. :-/

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
simpleforce said:
ok then unit vs unit ghost fully upgraded for a to a, try and beat that, or ground to ground DTemplar, beat those
Maelstrom, and then Mind Control.

The Wraith is the only 1v1 unit that can kill the Dark Archon, true that.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
What was weird was earlier today I played melee and massed 10 Dark Archons. I Mind Controlled a hydralisk and an overlord. Yeah, that wasn't the weird part. The weird part was that I already had the option to morph it into a lurker. I don't know if I need a nub-caek or it's just weird.

simpleforce

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TrongaMonga said:
Maelstrom, and then Mind Control.

The Wraith is the only 1v1 unit that can kill the Dark Archon, true that.
and cloaked ghost can't take da 1v1? lock down while cloaked?