Monster Hunter

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Basics-
Basically, it starts you off as a monster hunter ( as if the name didnt already tell you that ). You start out in a small village, and over the course of around 41 quests you become the best monster hunter. And trust me.. this game is ****ing hard, so if your looking for a challenge... find someone who has it, and try it out.

Online -
This game has online, and online you can play with up to 4 people in any of the games 5 areas, Forest and hills, Jungle, Desert, swamp, and the fort. There are Bi-weekly Events when you are online and some of these can give you certain items that you need, but are hard to find, and it can even give you special armor and weapons. There are also Online-only weapons and armor, which can be obtained only after HR13 ( hunter rank 13 )
these are online only because they are far too powerfull to be used offline.
Also, after HR13, your character can begin to take on monsters refered to by the people who play this game as + monsters, monsters who are roughly twice as strong as their normal counterparts. Lao Shun and Fatalis are only online monsters, and for good reason, they are impossible to kill by yourself.
there is also a monster, named Kirin, a unicorn bathed in white light, which is only available through Events, an event which happened 2 weeks ago, and i missed it :( :(, also you communicate with either an on-screen keyboard, or a usb keyboard.

Weapons-
There are several types of weapons. ( listed below )
the Great sword.

Bowgun

there are also -
Hammers, short swords, dual swords, and lances, though i couldnt find pics of them.

Monsters -
The monsters in the game are based slightly on dinosaurs, and other creatures, such as dragons. these range from the small Velociprey ( Veloci Raptors ( who woulda thought... ); to the Vian Kut-Ku, a small ~10 foot tall wyvern; to the Rathalos, a large red dragon, roughly 30 feet tall; and finally there is Lao Shun, who is roughly 500 feet long, though probably longer, and around 100 feet tall, but he is only accessable online.

^ 2 velociprey ^

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/914914_2004
^ rathalos..... i hate those bastards. ^

^ for all u cat lovers, there are cats in this game... and the black ones steal from you, and the white ones chase you with bombs... damn bastards ^

http://www.derenrylo.com//April2005_Legendary_Kirin.wmv
http://www.derenrylo.com//Apirl2005_Legendary_Fatalis.wmv

^ those are movies that have the 2 most sought after monsters ^

Edit-
Also, your character is customisable, things such as gender, hair, voice, can be altered.

Also, the thing that draws you into the game the most is the weapon creation, when you kill a monster, you are able to carve it and get material, using that material, you can create better weapons and armor,

im currently trying to get the Insector + dual swords... and ive came to the conclusion it is impossible

If you play this game online, list your name if you reply to this thread.

gamedealers

Reaction score
I have this game I actually like it alot. This is one of those games to were you play it and then you get bored of it but then a couple of months later you play again and your playing it like you just bought it.

My name online is Vanisher use to be gamedealers but now i change it to vanisher

Im mostly in area A red land

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I was interested when I first saw ads in GI, but I was greatly disappointed to hear some seriously rotten reviews of it.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
i was just bout to make a thread about this game. While i havn't got online acess the offline is still a sweet fresh new treat. I am very fond of the battle system playing some what silmair to fight night 3. I have been using the bonehammer which is a damn sweet ass weapon once you get the hang of it. I didn't like the big swords toomuch becuz you can only do like 2 combos but they are endless combos.

Im currently savin money and doing fishin runs to get a lance which i heard is the best weapon in the game for its amazing block and precis aim ablilty you can kill wyverns easliy if you can get them in a head lock.

Im currently on this hard as hell mission hunting down clephobold the giant sand shark quest. the sand wyvern is a complete and totall annoying **** monkey muther***er. I havn't quite learned all his moves yet so i have been doing the basics fishn quest and minineing and item gathering trying to make hard steel armor set. plus when you fish behind your house you can catch golden fish which go for arounf 760.

Im so pissed i can't ply this online it would make this game so much more fun but im just lost in the game mechinacs of this gamr. hunting is so much fun and being able to cook steaks fish, sharpen weaposn the hundreds of recipes its a very fresh mechaic. WHile its an older game and does have a few problems the game has so much room for perfection.

There are coming out with a monster hunter2 which is sopose to improve on the comast systgem and abiliyes ect...i can't wait

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
The Mylenx annoy the hell out of me. Especially when they steal my stuff.

They get owned if I end up smacking them at the time when they jump up and down in gleeful joy.

Is that for the original MH? I'm playing Monster Hunter Freedom on PSP? Rathalos is currently being a bastard to me.

- Amantis

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
wait till you take on the sand dragon....that mofo take forever

Elemental_Ruler

Reaction score
A few things, The big black sand wyvern (cephadrome) If that's what ur talking about can be beaten in no time with a decent weapon (pesonally I think lances own and with a half-decent lance with crap sharpness I took him down) and a few sonics, second Monster Hunter 2 will not become available in Canada/United States because of advertisement screw-ups (ever notice their weren't any commercials?) but Monster Hunter 3 might (not sure) and finnaly, my online name is Elemental_Ruler and I'm hr 16 and I hang out wherever my friends r :D

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
yea i just tried online today....it seemed fun but my ps2 is gay and crashes at some level loads :(

Elemental_Ruler

Reaction score
Damn, that really sucks because once you get online life in Monster Hunter becomes that much easier, without it I might have actually had to wait 'till I could kill a rathalos before I got my Los Firesword. :D

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
i barely got past the sand wyvern....rathos just owned my lancer

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Got Freedom 2. Yay. Finishing 1 off first though. =P

- Amantis