MOney Maps Take Skill too.

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Every type of map takes a differen't skill, point something out we havent already covered.

MOneyMaps4Ever!

Odinian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
rmarcus.info
money maps... where to begin

money maps take skill,yes the skill to click workers and mine... then mass an army,attack and win,if u dont win repeat the process over.
Very true, although this startigy hardly works.

You are also required to have a strong defense, and thus massing an army does not work.

Just like a normal game, you need to multi-task. Having about 24 zeolots waiting outside of an enemy base, then doing a reaver drop and then attacking with the zeolots will prove much more effective.

non money,workers mine,mass army,attack,win,if not repeat the procces..BUT it requires more micro
If thats how you play normal maps, you must lose a lot.

And if you just mass an army, there is just as little macro as money maps.

Yes, there are more micro oppritunitys, but in the long run, massing an army is massing an army.

and money maps do what is stated above in 1/4 the time it takes non money maps.
Not if both players are good. If both players are good, then there will be a consitant rush of units, constantly slowing down the enemy. Most money map games that I play do not end in a mass.

money maps in my opinion are just.. too easy.. i win 8/10 money maps i play,and i dont play them ofter,
If you post like you play, allow me to change the ratio ;)

on non money i win like 3/10..

ppl who play money maps are fine by me,its their choice.but non money does require more skill
I agree. But not for the reasons you stated. Ladder maps simply add the concept of complicated terrian and reasoruce managment, which some can clam take away from the amount of skill needed for some races (A vaild point, but its vaild like "2 + 2 = 5 if you add an extra number").

not to say,money maps ARE still fun somtimes.
Yep, but I still enjoy normal maps better...

NewUser

Reaction score
Zsquared said:
If they didn't take any skill then why can I win just about every time I play one and DOminate the opponets 8/10 times.

Money mappers have got a different type of game and deserve the same respect as the more strat players.

Mass unit games arnt a discrace to SC in any shape or form.

Dont be fag Money it up today, its fun too.
i don't know about skill but money maps contain barely any strategy at all alot of the time they dont really differ from game to game u don't need to harass at all and it seems like alot of money players never react to their opponent and just do the same thing

Xecutor

Member!
Reaction score
Zsquared said:
Non money guys always come into money maps and get romped. Then tell me come play them on non-money. Their are entire differen't strats to the two game modes and non-money players have no right to say someone has no skill unless they can duke it with the money guys.

I hate people who say money maps take no skill.
You prolly hate me then :halo

http://www.blizzforums.com/showpost.php?p=1413304&postcount=3

My "vision" :D

Reaction score
Zsquared said:
If they didn't take any skill then why can I win just about every time I play one and DOminate the opponets 8/10 times.

Money mappers have got a different type of game and deserve the same respect as the more strat players.

Mass unit games arnt a discrace to SC in any shape or form.

Dont be fag Money it up today, its fun too.
true, money maps take skill but they lack two very important things which define starcraft: base expansion and Microing. A money-map player doesn't have Half the skills a normal map player because they have to worry about their money, base expansion, base formation, raising army, defense, and putting pressure on enemy. All money map players need to worry about is: getting photo rushed, and massing units. If you have so much skills then try playing a regular map sometime

Xecutor said:
hey protosswarrior.. I was in that same thread in blizzforums

Xecutor

Member!
Reaction score
Hihi Paradise[Lost] :)

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Money maps take very little skill (But yes they do take some). Just build lots of unit producing buildings and lots of top end units. Done! Oh and to make sure you don't die while this is happening build as many defences throughout your base as you can.

han_HAn_Han

Member!
Reaction score
I play money and nonmoney and im decent at both. In my opinion money maps are sorta newbish since you no longer need to conserve your resources because you have enough to last you 2 more hours 15 minutes into the game. But in money maps macro skills are needed whereas in ladder maps you need to learn how to use minerals and gas efficiently and not just make 100 of the same unit and send them all into ur opponents base (which would be nearly impossible unless you had many expansions or if the units are lings)

money maps require a bit less skill in my mind, but different skills compared to ladder maps