MOney Maps Take Skill too.

PUMPKINHEAD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Jim Morrison said:
no,the only thing that works in moeny maps is massing...

on a non money. a group of 4 sairs harassing overlords can wina game for you..

on a money map.4 sairs is shit,and killing 10 overlords in shit,zerg makes 50 new overlords with 2 clicks

harassing workers early game win non money can mean the game,SIX lings can win the game for you if u harras correctly.

on money maps,6 lings are shit,by the time u get opver there they have 15+ workers to fight off the lings.
and even IF you kill most of workers,they have 500+ minerals piled up

theres more reasons but i dont feal like typing,but the only point in money maps is to mass. and there no like non money.

though i dont mind a few money maps ev once in a while to pass time.
massing is the only thing? how would you explain a single high templar drop killing 50 piled workers with 1 psistorm, do u call that "massing?" (on fastest possible maps where workers can pile up easily)

harrasing in early game with corsairs can work just the same way as on non money maps, and if you have good economy on non-money maps you can also make 50 overlords with 2 clicks.

The point is that, on money maps you can more focus on producing and organizing your economy, you need more than just "massing" on money maps.

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Jim Morrison said:
no,the only thing that works in moeny maps is massing...

on a non money. a group of 4 sairs harassing overlords can wina game for you..

on a money map.4 sairs is shit,and killing 10 overlords in shit,zerg makes 50 new overlords with 2 clicks

harassing workers early game win non money can mean the game,SIX lings can win the game for you if u harras correctly.

on money maps,6 lings are shit,by the time u get opver there they have 15+ workers to fight off the lings.
and even IF you kill most of workers,they have 500+ minerals piled up

theres more reasons but i dont feal like typing,but the only point in money maps is to mass. and there no like non money.

though i dont mind a few money maps ev once in a while to pass time.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

I lost a match the other day becuase A guy came into my abse with siars killed all my OL's and I had to make others instead of units.

You can win with 6 pool ling rush on money.......

You don't know what the **** your talking about. Go back to chit-chat where people won't know when your bsing.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Zsquared said:
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

I lost a match the other day becuase A guy came into my abse with siars killed all my OL's and I had to make others instead of units.

You don't know what the **** your talking about. Go back to chit-chat where people won't know when your bsing.

i do know what im talking about,if u want we can 1v1 sometime on a map of your choice... and massing is pretty much the main thing in money maps,like 80% of it...and what i said is all theorycraft... so yes it may be wrong,but im sure i probably know more about sc then you.

lets see....

Zsquared said:
how many sairs did he have...cause even in money if your zerg it would make sense to have some anti air,like hydras or something.. did your opponent "mass" sairs?(10+) when he attacked you...

Zsquared said:
yeah you can,if your opponent sucks,if its a 1v1 you should atleast have SOME defence against a rush if your vsing a zerg...

if its team if somone 6 pool's, they will be useless later in game,their production will be slower and they will suck,your teamate can go and kill him off..

Zsquared said:
yeah i probably dont know much about money maps because i dont like them,if you do,good for you.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I would retract your offer of facing him in a money map, I've heard good things :p

I'd like to mention that although I'm moderately skilled in regular melee (I use 'moderately' very lightly, I suck :p), I can't play money maps at all. I can't manage my economy and production fast enough to keep up with my cash flow, while my opponents usually can if they're experienced at money maps, so by the time I have made my first group of mutas, they're about to do a 200 supply fully upgraded hydra drop. Z would beat me on a regular map, but he'd absolutely destroy me on a money map. It's just a utilization of different skills.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Zsquared said:
If they didn't take any skill then why can I win just about every time I play one and DOminate the opponets 8/10 times.

Money mappers have got a different type of game and deserve the same respect as the more strat players.

Mass unit games arnt a discrace to SC in any shape or form.

Dont be fag Money it up today, its fun too.
skipping all these posts above me.

It does require skills, but you wont do well in ladder maps.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, that's mostly what I think NtRik_. The competition is so much better on non-money maps with pro gaming, ladder services, everything, and I like to participate in that kin dof stuff (except the pro gaming, but if I was good enough I would!)

Zmoney

Reaction score
Alright you know more than me Jim.

Syke

All you did is state the obvious, I could have told you everything you told me if i only played the game once or twice.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Zsquared said:
Alright you know more than me Jim.

Syke

All you did is state the obvious, I could have told you everything you told me if i only played the game once or twice.

zsquared... you play money,i play non money they ARE two different things...
BUT in money its mostly massing,do u agree with me on this?

also please tell me what exactly did i tell u that you could of known after playing a few games?

cause after two games i doubt you'd even know what a cybernetics core is... or even what a sair is..

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
After two games I hadn't even figured out the in-game chat system yet :-/

raDixGhost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.gamers2k4.com
Darkmatter said:
You know whats really cool?! When a Strategy Person plays a money map and assumes the same mechanics. He does a strategy with more resources and makes it better, then beats the living crap out of the common ''mass carrier/insert random massable unit here'' guy! Isn't that neat! ^.^

While I know where you are coming from, I think it takes more skill to play a ladder map then a money map. Since there are major differences in both (Switching frok one another, I mean!) it would be somewhat hard for a moneymap person to go and mass on a ladder map, I think. They would be used to all their goods in one spot, and not used to expanding and protecting their expansions. Thats my opinion anyways. I respect money mapers, but I moreso respect people who can rock n roll on a ladder map. :D
I disagree, if a strat player just starts playing money map against a good money map player, he will get his behind handed to him. There are different ways to play money map than regular maps, and its not the same at all.

Zmoney

Reaction score
Befor I even played the game I read the game guide, fight me.

I was a player befor I even opened the box.

2much4u

Reaction score
yep all i play is either 2v2zcnr20 or 3v3zcnr20. They are way more fun especially with the nr rule. Its cool to make elaborate defenses and controling mass armies against mass armies. Its also fun probably because iv perfected winning and i cant seem to lose. trust me if u think ur good play against me on these maps.

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
My input, (as a former master of money maps.)

Well a while back i had a moderate clan going called AMP, the anti-money map project. there was maybe 10-20 people total, not much, but we'd all play money maps, win, and BS everyone afterward. So i know what im talking about.

Money maps take little skill, compared to regular ladder maps. LT vs ZC is a hard comparison to make because they are very different. On the thinking aspect, regular takes a lot more. You have to deal with strategy and micro more than marco, and you need a delicate balance to be considered good. There are also 2 types of money mappers. One type is the guy that uses his minerals to an advantage, and thinks everything out. This isnt the guy who masses BC's and rushes down the side with the hopes of decimating with sheer force... well lets just say it also takes skill for a retard to tie his own shoes. Its all relative. THen there is the guy who thinks it through. Well if i sair rush his ovies and then push up the middle with lots/goons with arib support, my allies can maybe drop through the left side in the confusion, as one supports the drop ships, i can push through and stretch their fleet out. Thats a skillfull money mapper. Someone who thinks it out.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Comment about the NR 20. That is stupid, does it really take that long for those noobs to build up an army??? That's an extra 12 mins of wasted time.

Okay, now for my two bits.
Lets picture this, two teams with unlimited resourses battling out to no end. Both have good massing units and both really aren't damaging each other. Player 1 takes a few hits and returns fire. This goes on back and forth, there really isn't any skills in that except for the fact someone is going to win and someone is going to lose.
Is it a slip up? Maybe nature called and someone had to run to the bathroom, or maybe a friend just called. There is really no reason for some one to get an upper hand, except for the strategy part. I mean, just imagine that.

So yes, there is skill to winning these maps. Find one, just one, weakness and exploit to no end. Finding this weakness and the best way to approach it is the skill part. A lot of people don't think of flanking the side, but merly going in head first hoping their guns are bigger than the enemy's.

So inconclusion, money maps take skill too.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I can't do nr. I have to rush someone. Besides, toss can max out fairly quickly, anyway. I think the nr thing is there to help out zergs.

While $$$$$$$$$$$$ maps do take skill(except for the whole resource management thing which IS very important), you'll be hard pressed when you decide to switch to normal maps.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Each map has different skill levels.
BGH money map is completely different for lay-out compaired to those square type maps.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
No rules money maps still take skill, if the players are good you don’t have huge armies fighting each other. No rush money maps don’t really require much skill.