Modern Warfare 3 vs. Battlefield 3

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Similar release dates, same game genre and two franchises competing for the same players.

Both games have excellent replay value, terrific story lines, and come from two of the best selling franchises.

Modern Warfare 3 has introduced some great new game modes such as survival but has now added killstreaks not just for kills, but team objectives as well. In the opinion of this writer that is a great highlight. This should take away from some of the camping and "lone wolf" playing styles that have enraged many gamers.

Some Modern Warfare 3 killstreaks:
[yt]OBGAq07CV1c[/yt]

Modern Warfare 3 trailer

On the other hand we have Battlefield 3 competing for your gaming dollars. The gameplay is more objective and team based, has destructible environments that prevent camping, and more realistic graphics that are boosted even further with the new frostbite 2.0 engine.

Graphics:

Destructible environment:
[yt]bH5-QSmR5kg[/yt]

This writer has already pre-ordered both games but it could be a douse for anyone having to choose between the two. Which one will you buy?

KOLOSSAL

Hi Friends
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Battlefield 3. I admire MW3 for using the same game engine as 2, but Battlefield 3 trailers just look like they're going to rip any competition out of the water.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I do have to apologize, the Battlefield 3 video that is posted above shows the destructible environment but is not a full render / is in lower resolution so the graphics are actually far better than shown.

And MW3 on the same engine as 2 is concerning. I'm not sure at all but I'd guess MW2 and black ops share an engine. When I play black ops I repeatedly note how ****ty some things look in the game. You will be 5 feet from a forklift and it won't render any of the details on the forklift unless you stare at it for a minute or two... this is the case with many objects in the game

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually Black Ops was made by a different developer. Infinityward (MW2) is doing MW3 so it should be rather amazing.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually Black Ops was made by a different developer. Infinityward (MW2) is doing MW3 so it should be rather amazing.
I know infanityward and treyarch are different companies, etc. But I didn't know if they were based off the same engine.

Eitherway I think MW3 is going to kickass and MW2 ran great (if Black Ops was on the same engine they just did a crappy job), but at the same time, the new engine should give Battlefield a real edge.