Misunderstood skills

Harris.On.Rento

Member!
Reaction score
alright. I wanna ask about the rarely used hero skills... like owl scout, death pact and far sight. I know that these skills aren't, or are rarely used simply cos other skills are better, but for example far sight would be good when rushing vs. nelf, cos u can reveal their units and when it's on lvl 3 it reveals like 1/4 of the map. And same thing with owl scout, good vs other nelf or when a bm comes harrasing, you can reveal him. So, what do you think about these rarely used skills?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Yeah, I love Far Sight for those fools who think hiding buildings will save thier ass.

I also remember a great thread I started about the use of Death Pact.

http://battleforums.com/showthread.php?t=83637

Dont post in it. This thread is kinda dead!

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Most of the smart people use Owl Scout in FFA.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i use far sight as 2nd when i harrass ne, but not very often

ChrisH36

Reaction score
N_LeGenD) said:
Most of the smart people use Owl Scout in FFA.
Simple and effective scouting without having to send a vulnerable unit :).

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
i never use owl scout, dont know why either. of course i dont play melee much anymore :p

aphextwin

Reaction score
^same, i just use beast's hawk which can actually attack

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Harris.On.Rento said:
alright. I wanna ask about the rarely used hero skills... like owl scout, death pact and far sight. I know that these skills aren't, or are rarely used simply cos other skills are better, but for example far sight would be good when rushing vs. nelf, cos u can reveal their units and when it's on lvl 3 it reveals like 1/4 of the map. And same thing with owl scout, good vs other nelf or when a bm comes harrasing, you can reveal him. So, what do you think about these rarely used skills?
they may be good, but if u use them at start to reveal, then u can stay and watch, especially with the FS, this hero at start is nothing without his wolves.
About the owl scout, it is good but there are other means to reveal so that u can use searing or trueshoot.
For the BM use dust of appearance.

Hellwolf_36 said:
Yeah, I love Far Sight for those fools who think hiding buildings will save thier ass.

I also remember a great thread I started about the use of Death Pact.

http://battleforums.com/showthread.php?t=83637

Dont post in it. This thread is kinda dead!
I remember this thread, here I posted for the first time in BF.
It was kinda dead back then also :).

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I also wouldn't tag it Misunderstood. I would tag it more along the lines of "Not really used skills". Most people scout with a unit or gain health thru potions and scrolls if thier micro isn't working for them.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yes, but you need to find a topic that everyone can relate to. Like dota for example.

aphextwin

Reaction score
Harris.On.Rento said:
but owl is invulnerable, faster and reveals more area =)
beast = blademaster
potm < blademaster

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, Potm as a first hero isn't really the best choice, unless you are a micro god and can keep her alive after the rush, AND YOU GET SEARING ARROWS OVER TRUESHOT AURA.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Well, Potm as a first hero isn't really the best choice, unless you are a micro god and can keep her alive after the rush, AND YOU GET SEARING ARROWS OVER TRUESHOT AURA.
Yes.
But if one does go POTM first the only way to handle it against the BM is to get some dust of appearance, hunt, searing and level 1 damage upgrade for hunt.
Even like this the time until the hunter's hall and the first hunt are trained is critical.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Also the way you build your base. In the few times I have used Ne, the blademaster was killed by the Tree of Life and Ancients of War. Some players are so determined to kill the hero that they may threaten thier own hero in the process. However, you do not get 100 experience if they kill was done by tree :(.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Also the way you build your base. In the few times I have used Ne, the blademaster was killed by the Tree of Life and Ancients of War. Some players are so determined to kill the hero that they may threaten thier own hero in the process. However, you do not get 100 experience if they kill was done by tree :(.
an extra unrooted ancient of war can be very useful against rushes.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Harris.On.Rento said:
what is necropost btw? :(
ITs when you post in a thread that is like 5 months dead. It is considered bumping and it must be closed if it wasn't that much of a popular topic.

TheoStormHawk said:
an extra unrooted ancient of war can be very useful against rushes.
Keeping them on the ground is more effective, considering they have fortified armor as long as they are rooted. Just they cannot move! Wisps can help fix them, but be aware that the enemy can easily go around and attack them :(.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Keeping them on the ground is more effective, considering they have fortified armor as long as they are rooted. Just they cannot move! Wisps can help fix them, but be aware that the enemy can easily go around and attack them :(.
The enemy can go around the tree and kill them, but not if there are about 5 wisps, and he still has to kill my hero and my units, and my other ancient is training continously.
Yes, he can endure more damage routed, but this is effective only if the base is built with the buidings very near one to another.