Missle turret to photon cannon

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Ok now i got a new question..
I know how to make a photon powered w/o a pylon just enable its doodad state. But it wont work when i try to make it so when i build a missle turret it dissappears and a cannon appears. and the cannon is powered and can attack. im using a trigger that goes sumthing like this

Conditions:
current player commands atleast 1 missil turret
current player brings exactly 0 scv to location 21
Actions
center location 21 on missle turret owned by current player at Anywhere
remove all missle turret owned by curret player at location 21
create 1 photon cannon owned by current player at location 21
enable doodad state for all photon cannon owned by current player
preserve trigger

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
whats going on the cannons not powering?

Jetfusion

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
I believe so but i know you can do it i just don't remember how to do the no pylon trick o_O -.-

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
you have to enable it by location. its picky. so Do Enable doodad state at location blah

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Well no thats not the problem ive done perfectly fine on making ready placed cannons powered w/o a pylon. but on my trigger it just stops at the kill missle turret it doenst create the cannon.

HCkev

Reaction score
Does it show a "WARNING: unit unplaceable" error message or it simply do not appear?

If so, it means there's something on the way, most likely to be the SCV that just built the turret. Basically, you need to first move the SCV to another location(usually on a small island), remove the turret, create the cannon then move SCV back to the location. ;)

If you still have problems, try looking at the triggers of the map Amazing turret Defense, it has a similar system (you build, for example, a supply depot, and it gets changed into disabled and cloaked bunkers), maybe this may help. I think the map isn't protected.

Also I'll warn you about the pylonless protoss buildings, because I use it on a map and I first experienced some problems. When you enable a protoss buildings with the Doodad state trigger, it only works for some seconds, the buildings will get disabled from time to time. Basically, you need to put a location on each protoss buildings and enable the cannons in loop with Preserve trigger so it will enable it when it gets disabled. In your case, it'll be hard to do so unless you create hundreds of locations and hundreds of triggers for each cannons that will be built.