Mineral Stealing!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
This is one of the things i LOVE doing. When i scout with my 7th probe (After building a pylon), i reach the enemy's base, i look around, and when i am done, i take some minerals from one of their patches and run home.

Who else steals minerals like that? Or does cheap stuff? :sly

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed you did that on the last replay you sent with RyanXWing, coRt, yourself and Darkmatter(was it him?). I wasn't paying any attention and then looked at your probe, who was running out of a terran base with a min on him, and a couple SCV's were chasing him, I just looked at it, and thought "Ha! Looks like something Renzo would do".

But me, personally, I don't scout with my workers, they are too important to me early on. So, guess not.

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Haha. Someone did that to me before. It was funny. His SCV wandered around my base for a while, then snatched up some minerals and took off.

I don't scout a lot with my workers either, but I feel obliged every once in a while to thiever some minerals. >>

Biske

Reaction score
Well, that's 8 minerals they don't get.

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
it makes them mad :D i dont usually scout with my workers, but i could pretty ez, i usually use observers, not that hard to get and with upgrades if you actually keep them outa range of spore n stuff they dont die

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Manner pyloning is fun. I, personally, like placing a pylon next to their factory then cancel after they lift and place it again. It's kinda gay, but I think of it as returning the favor.

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
Phoenix2003 said:
Manner pyloning is fun. I, personally, like placing a pylon next to their factory then cancel after they lift and place it again. It's kinda gay, but I think of it as returning the favor.

i love doing that.... but i like to try and place my manner pylon in front of minerals (makes em go around it)

Biske

Reaction score
By the time you'd get there chances are they already have defence, so I think it's more of a First Come, First Get Mineral kinda thing .

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wow....8 free minerals...from a worker that is probably gonna get killed

i don't know what the point of scouting with a worker, mining their minerals, and running away..is the point of scouting to stay in their base as long as possible and see what they are up to?

Biske

Reaction score
No, not really. The use of scouting is to periodically check up on them so as to calculate an effective plan of countering their army, not seeing how long you can keep a unit in their base without them knowing it. That's kinda pointless, don't ya think? It's all fun and games anyway, who cares.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Prox said:
The use of scouting is to periodically check up on them so as to calculate an effective plan of countering their army, not seeing how long you can keep a unit in their base without them knowing it.
you think scouting is to put a worker inside their base and not let them see it?

go watch some replays...the early scout (worker) usually MOVES AROUND the base avoiding attacks for as long as possible to see what tech they are going... For example in TvP...the scv should stay in the protoss base circling around until he sees a observatory, robotics facility, robotics support bay, citadel of adun, early expo, or anything else the protoss is up to, then build and e-bay and implement strategies that are useful in the situation...

As for periodical scouting, i doubt u will send a unit into the guy's base hoping it will see some tech when his units are going to just kill anything that comes. This is why there is scanner, observers, and overlords..

Biske

Reaction score
Wow, you're a persistent flea on the ass of intelligent conversations, aren't you Tiger_Shark? Um, I said the point of scouting is not to put a worker in their base, dolt. As soon as I get air, I check their base every spare second I have. Since I usually get observers out late.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Usually they will send out a few workers to chase after you, which gives them less minerals at the start, making them take slightly longer to upgrade. That's one advantage of having a worker run around in their base.