Microsoft Bought Blizzard

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Aragorn7
I disagree. EA does not make good RTS games. Look at C&C: Generals. It is top on sales but the game online sucks really bad. The netcode is so bad you cannot play more than 2v2 online. I don't really like any of EA's games. BF1942 is ok, but the netcode definitely leaves much to be desired of it. I hate EA and all that it stands for.

Mission Statement: EA stands for the good of the sales, after the suckers buy the game, we screw em by not making anymore patches.

And as for westwood....it is no more. EA bought them out and turned them into EA Pacific. Westwood was bought by EA just so EA could use the words "Command and Conquer" in their new game Generals. Sad really. Boosted sales though, see above at the mission statement.

Sad story. really. I really liked c&c.

sniper201

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Gamerarchive.co.nr
westwood ? trying to buy bliz ? ah man i would love to see that :)
also does anyone know if westwood still has that apc in there parking lot from advertizements of C&C renagade ? if microsoft bought bliz i would be super pissed. Electronic arts i dont think would want bliz as much as westwood (blz was starting compatition with sc in deh 2d game department).

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm just glad EA didn't buy blizzard, otherwise blizz would end up like westwood. More or less.

Dark Exploit

Member!
Reaction score
Website
legendsofAsheron.org
I like The need for speed series! i want Need fore speed underground to come out lol EA SPORTS ITS IN THE GAME

senureMiget

Premium Member
Reaction score
i thought disney bought bought blizzared at least thats what the other thred said

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Ok...
Westwood sucks....
Microsoft can make games, but would MURDER SC2
EA sucks too

and last and least...
Capcom
Capcom sucks total ass crap

Infested.Fenix

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Now why the **** would Disney buy Blizzard?
And anyway Microsoft is probly the only company big enough to buy blizzard.
Westwood doesnt have enough money.
EA doesnt make that type of games mostly sport games.
Like mrbret said capcom sucks ass

SCfan13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Guys let me clarify a few more things Mr Roper told me. Westwood has been bought by EA and EA has not yet bought Blizzard. But someone said Blizzard was big, I dont want to insult my company but we are not big. Blizzard has not stretched out of 4 different series games. We only have one operational center. I got some more schematics on SC2 any questions please post it.

HydraGyro

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
All u game companies out there! ****ing don't buy BLIZZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok im done...

demandred

Reaction score
Will SC2 pick up where Brood War left off or will there be a time lapse between games like the Warcraft series?

SCfan13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No I am afraid not. This is for certain to SC2 will not pick up after Brood War. It will in a way but not exactly like a few days ahead. 10 years have past and Kerrigan conquered the Koprulu Sector. Zeratul and Raynor and Artanis hide in Shakuras until the hybrids awaken and the Xel Naga arrive. I've said already alot but i will not tell anymore of the plot. Anything else you want to ask I will clarify, but I only have a few schematics so keep that in mind.

SCfan13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Of course there will be just ask me a certain race or group and I'll mention some but I am only aware of a few.

StarlightDragon

Member!
Reaction score
I would REALLY like to know about any new playable races, and protoss new units/buildings. Also, will the game engine be the same as SC or WCIII, or will it be a completley new engine? What will the terrain editor be like? how many tilesets? A VERY nice feature would be to be able to make units with individual stats (like 2 non-hero marines, one does 6 dmg, the other does 12 dmg, etc.) Custom editing for all features of the units WITHOUT making an Use Map Settings map would be very nice, because then noone would have to spend 6 months digging around in the MPQ files to make a mod. This sort of map would, of course, be playable online.

Most of that was just fantasizing, but please tell me if any of it is true, and any facts that can be let out about the plans for a map editor. :)

P.S. At first I thought u were lying about being a blizz employee mainly because its a big surprise if blizz is finally letting out news of SC2. But I changed my mind when u spelled Zeratul and Artanis right. lol