Micro managment

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i jus t got my strat down with night elf and it basicly consits of massing archers and hunts with full upgrades well i was playing a higher level player and he told me that my strat was good but that i suck at micro management

basicly im trying to figure out how to better at it and what it is exactly

does this consist of taking my damaged men out of battle to heal cuase i thought that might be a good idea to keep my army alive cuase i usualy am not watching most of the battle cuase im at my base building more men while i fight

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Ok, if ur microing with hunts and archers, your going to want to focus fire. Both are ranged, so this makes it easier and more effective. just practise. alot of people focus on heros, but with ne, you can pick off an entire army.

bringing a unit out of battle if they are hurt or are being focused on can be very important. but you can bring them back into the battle again, once the enemy gets smart and stops focusing. this way, you have all the more units fighting. if you are by your base, then you can heal and come back.

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
thats a great ides Pan the Man

ive seenit used a few times but never tried it cuase im usualy all over the map fighting and building and such

but yeah if i move the one they are focus firing on i can even lure them to my teammates or away from my army or even kick there butt while there chasing the little guy

great great u make me want to play more ive seen people use these strats before but never try them cuase it might take away from my pace u know

i think i will try a few custom games or a crap account to get use to them and mix it with my strat

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
In larger battles, you might do more to heal the damaged ones since you probably won't have much choice in moving damaged units away. But hey, micro is important. A bunch of damaged units that take a large beating can distract from your lovely Metaed DH from killing the opposing hero.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I wish I've saved a replay of the many of times when the opposing range micros on my hero... I run him away a little bit and you watch the range chase you... right into the melee and your ranged =)

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
lol im guessing your being sarcastic blink penguin I got some one working on a custom one but yaeh i like this lol

and x42bn6 legend has it that at the end of every rainbow is a gay pride festival ehhhhh

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
micro management is key to win any battle that you engage in once i was fighting a level 8 ne in solo and he went like mass archer druid of the talon and some hunts i think he had a level 10 beastmaster i had a level 8 naga and level 8 farseer (at end of game) he killed my whole army once then he attacked and i had about 10 units when he had alot more and i killed them all then had to kill all of expos and he was finished n he says gg when the game wasnt half way over

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
OK.....im trying to make sense outa what you just said....
But back on the subject, micro is very important, especially if you like using casters. Micro is usually what wins the battle....that, strategy, and sheer number of units.

FH_big-hit

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
another tip for micro is put different units into different ctrl keys for example u press 1 and u get 12 hunts than u press 2 and u get ur 12 archers or whatever. this way u can have all ur archers focus fire on unarmored enemies since piercing does xtra damage 2 them and have ur hunts focus fire on i think its medium that takes xtra damage from hunts (normal attack) if u do this ur attacks are doing the maximum damage.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
That's what I do, except with casters. Hotkey one for one type of unit with a certian spell, hotkey 2 for another....etc...

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
hmm i never use the hot keys and im a good player only if i did use them. i would proly be hella Gosu good. maybe some year.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Are you English nevergoingback? You have incorrect sentences in every thread. It sounds as if you don't know English very well.