Mewgood.net

I

ironduke

Hi, I used to play on open battlenet and I found out about mewgood, only problem is I went to the wrong mewgood and downloaded something, it turned my account into a spambot.

Now I can't connect to regular battlenet, I think they banned my IP. Will it be unbanned? If not, how do I get back on?

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
an IP-ban can take up to 48 hours, can you log on to other realms?

_CM

Respected Member
Reaction score
omg starfish, the same thing happened to me ... i didnt download anything at all... i went into a game some days ago (when I asked you to play) and then MY CHAR spammed some messages saying that mewgood is a good place to buy items etc.... now i cant log in to bnet anymore... nor to other realms.... tells me that it is nable to connect to battle.net... damnit

Ghist

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You don´t have to download anything. They can just add certain script that downloads and executes the .exe when you enter the site. That´s why I don´t use IE.

Or they could hide it to .jpg, .mp3 and hide the size also and you wouldn´t notice anything. It would show you the image with the right size but would also execute the .exe in the backround.

Just few examples.

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
wow ... scary stuff :O

I got 2 firewalls and anti virus software running + Im behind a router ... I'd be dammed it anything got past my lines of defense hehe

edit: btw, I just got a pm from a member, he said that he tried to enter mewgood from a school-computer ... and his firewall went crazy about something ... I recommend being carefull with mewgood ...

Ghist

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Starfish
edit: btw, I just got a pm from a member, he said that he tried to enter mewgood from a school-computer ... and his firewall went crazy about something ... I recommend being carefull with mewgood ...
Which one of those. Com, net, tk? I don´t dare to try any of those anymore.

_CM

Respected Member
Reaction score
i dont think it is a trojan ... perhaps something with the bnet servers ...

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
AutoItX

coolmission was got?:scary its the end of the world as we know it!!! :p

I don't think it is a trojan, it could be AutoItX... I used to use it to make people download trojans and scare them by making their computer start typing stuff and their cd drive opening and closing when they access a certain web page i had in my profile on AIM. Fun to f*ck with people :p of course i didnt mean any real damage :fwink

sarhentopinoy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.SkyPlakes.com
Re: AutoItX

Originally posted by 4n0nym0us3 n00b13
coolmission was got?:scary its the end of the world as we know it!!! :p

I don't think it is a trojan, it could be AutoItX... I used to use it to make people download trojans and scare them by making their computer start typing stuff and their cd drive opening and closing when they access a certain web page i had in my profile on AIM. Fun to f*ck with people :p of course i didnt mean any real damage :fwink
Man! I had that shit before and I got so piss because my damn scanner couldn't find wtf was goin on...So i format my hd :madatu

EDIT: BTW v 1.0 looks nice guys...

xXLordSlippyXx

Member!
Reaction score
I'm with Starfish, I have 2 firewalls, Norton and Microsoft. And I have Norton AntiVirus. But, I still have never trusted mewgod.come/net or whatever the hell they are now. All the Shyte they have is old as hell. They can't be using autoIT because if diablo was alt+tabbed it would just make your mouse go crazy. I'm sure their not using a trojan, their not going to go that far just to advertise. Mabye they have bots on the channels that Impersonate, sort of like what they had for starcraft. :p

Just thoughts

ThaKn1ghToNi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I went to mewgood.com a few days ago from the school's computers and the firewall went nuts as soon as the site started loading. So, I would suggest that nobody goes to anything mewgood for a while. The virus scanner described it as being a trojan, but I was in kinda a frenzy to close everything (including the download window that started itself.) I just am hoping that it doesnt report it to the tekkies, then I might not be able to do any of this from school anymore. X(