Message to USA

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
You missed the point, this isn't about the government. Im not saying lets build Putin and Medvedev statues and pray to them. This is about Russia as a group of people, and its history, regardless of its current government. The Orthodox priests who fought against the red army in the Revolution of 1917, a million of whom were hanged, you really think that in 1940s then a lot of them after spending decades practicing their religion underground, you think they in some cases volunteered to join the red army to fight for Stalin? No, they fought for the motherland, Rodina doesn't mean government, Rodina means everything in this world that is dear to you. Same with most others, in WW2 and in all the wars that we fought before WW2, we weren't fighting for our government, we were fighting for our motherland, for our Rodina.
Replace the word 'government' with 'nation' or 'state' or whatever generalization you feel is necessary to explain your relationship - regardless of the nitpicking of word, the same point applies.

Uncle_Vanya

Гражданин СССР
Reaction score
Replace the word 'government' with 'nation' or 'state' or whatever generalization you feel is necessary to explain your relationship - regardless of the nitpicking of word, the same point applies.
You're still missing the point, its not about the government, its about people. We don't generally trust our government but we love our motherland. Motherland means your friends, your home town, your good memories, everything that makes life worth living. No, this has nothing to do with religion, nor is it irrational.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
It's called brainwashing. Evidentially it's mildly successful. Not like Hollywood successful, but still. see also blind patriotism.

Uncle_Vanya

Гражданин СССР
Reaction score
It's called brainwashing. Evidentially it's mildly successful. Not like Hollywood successful, but still. see also blind patriotism.
No, thats not what its called, being taught to protect things like your family and your friends isn't brainwashing, its a positive aspect of our culture and I am glad that we have it. This is something that has been an aspect of our culture for a long time (probably over a thousand years now) and it stems from realities of our history and its a good thing. You try to put everything into your narrow minded little categories and fail miserably at getting the actual meaning. If this is brainwashing then so is your parents teaching you to look both ways before crossing a road (just an example).

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but between saying you protect your friends and denying any 'help' from the USA because of your National Sovereignty still goes a long, long path.

Uncle_Vanya

Гражданин СССР
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but between saying you protect your friends and denying any 'help' from the USA because of your National Sovereignty still goes a long, long path.
You're mashing two completely unrelated parts of this thread together. Goes a long, long path towards what?

N[U]TS

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
To be honest, your trying to argue something that will more than likely never happen again. That is the use of nuclear weapons. Also, anywhere you go, you will find people who have love for their country. Do not sit here and try to hold your "motherland" higher than anyone else's.

N[U]TS

Reaction score
Well, my motherland is higher than most others so....

Yea, it seems you have a great deal of pride and love for it and I respect that. Yet, I also take great pride and have a never ending love for America. I would gladly put my life on the line and serve in our military just as so many before me have. Does that make me better than you... no.

Speaking of America, I feel we will soon break apart as a nation. When I say soon, I say in a matter of 10 years give or take. Divided we fall united we stand. What I mean by that is the fact that our politicians can not seem to find common ground and with all the corruption happening in America, its only a matter of time. I wish we would have more independents try to run for presidency.

Uncle_Vanya

Гражданин СССР
Reaction score
There is only a few nations that had great impact on human history, Russia is one of them, America is too. I don't think you will fall apart in the immediate future, corruption and division among party lines isn't anything new. You'll stay together, one way or the other for now and then one day your Empire will eventually fall and someone new will pick up the pieces. We are Carthage and you are Rome, but even Rome fell eventually.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Being a patriot is a great thing, but that's a little too far expressing that, doncha think? I mean this is like one person in Battlenet whose name is 'americaownsyou' and repeats how great the US is all the time and has no other job in battlenet but repeating that. You are like the Russian equivalent of that person. I can tell you where he is in what channel, so that you can chat.

N[U]TS

Reaction score
There is only a few nations that had great impact on human history, Russia is one of them, America is too. I don't think you will fall apart in the immediate future, corruption and division among party lines isn't anything new. You'll stay together, one way or the other for now and then one day your Empire will eventually fall and someone new will pick up the pieces. We are Carthage and you are Rome, but even Rome fell eventually.
Well, I guess I shouldnt say we will fall apart but I smell a second revolution for America. It could send shock waves across the globe. I honestly dont think Obama has it in him to push the "button". I heard a speach by Biden saying that Obama will be tested. Does anyone feel the same?(directed to Americans but others are welcome to throw in their 2 cents)

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
wall of text, i cant penetrate it.