Mercenary's War

kairama15

Member!
Reaction score
*Kai, although battered and torn manages to get a few words out before he goes back to a deep sleep.*

Kai: Just so you know, we don't have to go back the same way. I don't know how many guards you got rid of down over there, but I suggest we go another way.

*The wood elf crawls across the floor over towards the wall. He pulls a stone out of the ground which reveals a secret passage just narrow enough to crawl through.*

Kai: I saw the mages use this many times while they changed patrol areas. It has to lead to a better place than the way you came from. I don't know if where it leads to has any enemies, but I bet they all changed areas after they heard what you guys accomplished... Probably ran away!

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
V'kleta grins and picks his teeth. "Yeah, I have that effect on people. So, do you need assistance moving or not?"

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
"I will heal him," Riana said. She walked to his prone form. Holding her hands over him, a blue light washed over his body. Cuts sealed up, and bruises faded. He woke suddenly, and stood. "There. You should be able to fight. Do you have any weapons that the mages confiscated?" Riana asked as she stood up.

"You had a staff. But it's no use searching for it. The mages probably destroyed it." He walked to the edge of the passage. "Well, we may as well go ahead." He jumped down, followed by Riana. His voice could be heard from below. "Gods, this place stinks. It smells like wet, rotting corpses."

((RP entering the passage. Don't go too far ahead, I have a surprise for you all.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
V'kleta's eyes glimmered, and he grinned, shifting to Drakotaur mode, nearly filling the passageway. He looked forward to perhaps cleaning up any corpses lying about. He started forward into the passageway.

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
Dhrenzen walked to the entrance. He saw that the passage was not big enough to go through with his sword on his back, so he put the Zweilhander at his side and walked in.

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
The passageway was dark, too dark for human eyes. Dhrenzen walked forward, and immediately ran into a wall as the passage turned. V'kleta laughed, and said, "Maybe you should let those who are better equipped lead." His eyes shone lava-bright, and he strode forward with confidence. After walking for a few minutes, they came to a huge chamber, where the smell of corpses was the strongest.

"Where in the hells are we?" Ian mumbled as he tried to shield his nose from the stench.

"Let me answer that!" came an ominous voice from the shadows. The floor shook with the footsteps of some huge beast. "You are in my domain, and you are uninvited. You will all die." The beast came into view. It was enormous, dwarfing even the size of V'kleta's Alien queen transformation. It was vaguely humanoid, covered with rotting, bubbling skin. It had no features on it's lump of a head. It made a gesture, and what little color in the room greyed out. The adventurers found themselves unable to move. All, except for Kai, who stumbled backwards. "Hmm, an elf. No matter. I will deal with him."

V'kleta's eyes glowed red again, as he fought to move. The beast leaned over him, saying, "In this place of power, even a god cannot resist me." It sighed. "But I could never affect elves. No matter. I can kill him easily enough."

((Okay, Kai, deal with him. Remember, he's a hulking behemoth, so treat him as such. But he's weak against elven magics, and his magic can't effect you. He's only got the option of crushing you. So, have fun.))

kairama15

Member!
Reaction score
*The beast staggered towards Kai as his skin seemed to slowly melt off. The young sorcerer walked backwards until he bumped into the wall. He made strange and peculiar hand motions until he had a small orb or energy on the tip of his two fingers. He waved it around in the beast's eyes and made him slowly move towards the opposite end of the room. The monster followed the light, slowly until he was at the opposite wall. The light orb hung there moving around as if it had a mind of it's own. Kai, concentrating to the best of his ability, began to chant strange words. All sorts of vines and small flora began growing out of the cracks in the floor and walls, until they were quite large. They began to swarm the creature, slowly wrapping around him until his entire body was engulfed in an entire tree. With that, the room turned back into its original color and the adventurers were able to move and talk once again.*

Kai: That should hold him until the light orb fades away. We have got to hurry.

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
The light faded, and the tree began to decay at an incredible rate. The beast broke out, and the room was awash in grey again. "Foolish elf. Your paltry enchantments can't hold me."

((Okay, maybe I didn't make myself clear. You HAVE to kill this guy. He's holding something you'll like. Just post your fight. Again. Make it good. This guy is sort of a minor demon god. So, post again.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*V'kleta strained against the enchantment that held him. Ah, how he longed to show this imitator what a real demon god was...*

kairama15

Member!
Reaction score
*The beast hurried after the young elven sorcerer. He flailed himself forward to slam Kai to the ground, but he was nimble enough to barely dodge out of the way in time. The horrid monster trying to recover from his hard fall, staggered to both sides in a drunken-like fashion. Quietly whispering beneath his breath, Kai moved his hands in strange ways. Again, roots and branches moved around the creature. It slowed him down enough for Kai to pull a lone dagger out of his boot and thrust it into the monster's eye. It screamed in extraordinary harsh pain as the eye fell to the floor. It broke free from the brambles and lunged toward Kai again. He tried to move out of the way, but didn't make it. He was thrown up against the wall. Both disoriented from the past few attacks, they stood facing each other for a moment. Kai finally, after much hesitation, made a move. He spoke another strange elvish phrase and a series of globes of fire flew forth from his hands. Each hit the creature in obviously pre-thought-of points. A few were on the side of the head, in the other eye, on the side of the knee, and onto the chest. The creature fell to the ground in agony, no longer able to move because of it's broken leg and destroyed vision. Kai snuck very silently behind the monster, then jumped onto it's back and, with his small knife, sliced across his back very deep wounds, all the way down to the spine. Then, he worked his way up to the neck, where he sliced off the head. It rolled across the ground with blood like an ocean underneath. The smell of black death was very apparent in the air. Kai, exhausted from both the casting of spells and the strenuous physical activity, could barely move. He couldn't move partially because of his wearyness, but mostly because of his fear of what he has just done.*

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*V'kleta burst out of his confining paralysis and flew at the beast's corpse, growing odd and mangled limbs with all manner of physical weaponry. He hacked at the dead creature, mutilating it and sending gore cascading all over the place. His fury wouldn't allow him to stop until the massive creature was hacked into pieces no bigger than a softball.

Finally, panting, he stood, covered in gore. He shook his head and the blood-craze ended. NOBODY thwarts V'kleta. Nobody.*

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
The pieces of the beast glimmered, growing brighter, coalescing into a shining white ball in the middle of the room. It grew brighter and brighter, blinding all senses. Then, a clap of thunder with no sound, and the world rushed back in. Except the room had changed. The walls, ceiling, and floor of the room were now seamless white marble. Exquisite murals of elven culture were painted on the walls, bordered by wrought gold vines with emerald leaves. In the center of the room stood a huge fountain, its base connected seamlesly with the floor. Standing at the center of the fountain was a staff of gnarled wood, its end resting on the surface of the water. Embedded in the top of the staff was a large, multifaceted green crystal. It began to glow, and the staff lifted from it's place on the fountain. It floated towards Kai and hovered in the air, waiting for him to take it.

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
"It's a good thing you finished him off. I was starting to think that we would be his dinner. I'm glad to be with you elf. You have my sword as protection as long as I can give it." Dhrenzen went over to the fountain, dipped his cupped hands in the water, and drank from his cupped hands. "Best water I've ever tasted in my whole life. I feel stronger just for drinking it."

Dhrenzen sat down and started to clean his bloody sword with a corner of his shirt.

kairama15

Member!
Reaction score
Kai: I consider all of us square now. You guys saved me, and I saved you.

*The elf grasps the wooden staff out of the air.*

Kai: But, V'kleta! Was that necessary? ...hehe...

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*V'kleta snorts and shakes his head indignantly.*

"That creature dared to defy a god. Being a creature of darkness, it dared to defy its OWN god. That god was not pleased. That god exacted his revenge. The offender's soul will suffer in turmoil for all eternity."

*V'kleta crossed his arms, waiting for the next objective.*

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
(( Got nothin to say. DoC should continue soon. Talked to him the other day on AIM. By the way J'kar. Sweet avatar. Loved that game and can't wait until the sequel. ))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Same here. Kickin' ass on it, have all my Swords and Long Swords up to lvl 4, plus some others, such as the Reaper's Scythe and some other Poleaxes.))

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
((Okay, folks, back to the kil...I mean adventuring. Since Kai is back from vacation, it'll be alot easier. By the way, what game are you guys talking ab out? J'kar has gone and changed his username yet again.))

The belt that held the elemental insignias at Ian's waste began to rattle. The symbol for wood detached itself and floated towards Kai. It was a pure rowan cross, with arcane runes inscribed over it's surfaces. Kai reached out for it, but it slipped past his hand and floated to the crystal of his newly achieved staff. The crystal flashed, blinding the adventurers. When they could see again, the emblem was embedded within the crystal. The crystal now pulsed with a steady green light.

Then, the light vanished, and the warriors were left in darkness. In moments, they were back in Tulanth's hidden vault. Before them, Tulanth sat in a massive golden throne, reading what appeared to be a centuries old tome. He looked up at there entrance.

"Oh, it is good to see you all again," he said. Riana rushed to him, hugging him.

"Father, I missed you so." She looked at Kai. "We have found the warrior of Wood."

"Yes, that is why I summoned you here." He stood, and began to walk to the wooden chest holding Kai's artifact. "A bit of interesting news for you. The Black Citadel has just fallen to an army of elves, and at the exact moment they entered the wall at the base of the mountain, the sun broke through the clouds." He smiled. "It turns out that it was the White Citadel, the ancient homeplace of the elves.

((Okay, gotta leave it yet again. Gonna go drive for a bit. Need my 50 hours by January.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((The game in question was Drakengard. I had a pic of Caim for my avatar. Will add later when you have updated.))

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
((Aw, crapz0rz. Didn't make it in time to edit. Drat. Note to any mod coming along. Merge this post with my previous one above.))

"It seems whatever had been corrupting the power of the Citadel had been destroyed." He had reached the chest. "Elf, come here." Kai walked over, confused as to what the Lord wanted. The cross within his staff-crystal flashed as he neared the chest, and the lid slowly creaked open. He stepped forward and reached inside the chest. What he found, however, looked nothing like a weapon. It was a magnificently wrought wreath of

((Feh. Gotta drive again. I WILL edit this post when I get back.))