Maybe they will add a race?!?

karmakarmel

Reaction score
I dont think that the good people at blizzard are going to erradicate a race in starcraft two... :bouncy because if the take of terran like everyone says im going to shove my foot strait up one of their high and nighty programmer ....

sorry... i got carried away, but anyway- i think that since theirs a lot of pressure to make starcraft 2 much better, maybe they would add a race. The only thing is that i dont know what it would be like because the three races already provide such balance. :frustrate

Got any ideas? Please reply.

-sincirley,
thisismyfirstpostsogivemeabreak

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Well, with Warcraft they added 2 new races, so I'd bet they would add a few.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Xel'Naga, the Dark Templars as a second, playable race? I don't know. I actually want to see a sort of ''neutral'' creature race, like the race that the Hydralisk we're created from, but without the Overmind twisting their bodies and thoughts into a killing machines.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Xel'Naga, the Dark Templars as a second, playable race? I don't know. I actually want to see a sort of ''neutral'' creature race, like the race that the Hydralisk we're created from, but without the Overmind twisting their bodies and thoughts into a killing machines.
Xel' Naga for sure will be in there.
The Dark Tempar is a custom/belief, not a rance.
and hun, the hydralisk weren't a race but an animal that was assimilated into the Swarm.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Well, you get the idea. Call me hun again and I'll abuse you with a cow prode. En garde. The Dark Templar have different units the basic protoss, I figure thats basis enough that they form their own race on the planet with the Temple of Xel'naga since they have a fairly good basis in doing so.

BenchBreaker

Reaction score
the machine race is an interesting idea

Biske

Reaction score
Yes, we've already discussed this - The Hybrids.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
BenchBreaker said:
the machine race is an interesting idea
Thinking deeply about these new races I was SURE there was only going to be just one new race added. The Hybrids, as an enemy to all. But unlike WC3 where enemies must join hands to destory their common enemy, in SC2 each race will fight for their lives and still try to obtain dominance.

Back to the currect issue, the 'Machine' race and the "Hybrid" race will be quite interesting. These MAY seem to be the same thing but consider if you will that Machines are completely machine, while the hybrid would most likely be both mechanical and biological.

Regarding the Xel' Naga, they could very well be completely mechanical. We don't know. We CAN rule out that these Hybrids will NOT be completely mechanical. If you are gene-splicing Zerg's and Protoss than, well yeah. Its obvious then that we can conclude the Machine Race will NOT be the Hybrids.

Check this picture out! I found this picture in an old SC2 thread. It might be Hybrid or Xel' Naga. Either way it looks mechanical in some ways and very much biological in others. I very much would like to see which new races will come out in SCG. You know they aren't going to be beating the same old drum that has been playing for the last 6 to 7 years now with SC's storyline. SCG has een VERY hush hush to date and probably has some VERY interesting story lines in it.

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/xscghost_040904_x13_1081547575.jpg

Biske

Reaction score
That is a huge brain. But, what the foster is it? Maybe that is like something designed for Cerebrate to be able to be mobile? I don't know, that seems to dark for SC...

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Dark Templar is like a sect of the Protoss. they are one race, same and everything.

The Hybrids I'm 99% sure will not and should not be a seperate race. That is just stupid. If anyhting they will play the part of the burning legion in Warcraft III as a Hostile Campaign only race. It makes the most sense.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
well... i am going to have to agree with pan on this one... maybe add one new race but it has to be something new. I think that hybrid units should go with zerg cause the zerg part would make them loyal to the overmind. Mechanical units to the terren. and specialized templar (dark,high,normal templar,Assult templar) to the protoss. as for the new race adding the xel'nage would be
1)too predictible
2)make it much like wc3 with all the races aiming down a certain enimy
3)the xel'naga are dead face it... there is nothing the suggests from starcraft that they still exist.
so thats my 2 cents on that.... a new race should be something diffent but futeristic that hasnt been done before so that way it doesnt just fade into being just the next way over hyped stratagy game

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Icedragon said:
3)the xel'naga are dead face it... there is nothing the suggests from starcraft that they still exist.
so thats my 2 cents on that.
Dude, it says in the booklet that the greater whole was destoryed. Some got away. Even if it is just some rogue ships flying around you are wrong on that one. Some did get away, and we have no idea how large the 'greater whole' was. If the 'greater whole' was some couple hundred-thousand ships than the lesser part is still a large amount of ships that got away from the Zerg attacks.

Biske

Reaction score
Yeah, and if they could reproduce...or maybe they went away, and created a whole new life form, and are using that to try and correct their past 2 failures. Man, too bad SC2 is so far away.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Krikkit said:
...and created a whole new life form, and are using that to try and correct their past 2 failures...
You just summed up the entire SC2 story line right there. lol
The 'Xel Naga tried to correct their first failure (the First Borns) with the Zerg. Well the Zerg aren't much use to them now so it would seem logical that they would try and clean both failures up in one mighty sweep.

Biske

Reaction score
Well, it'd make sence, cuz that was what they tried to do before...I don't know, it's all speculation anyways.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
UED_Captain said:
Think by doing that they **** up even more?
Who is they? The 'Xel's? lol. :p Yeah, probably. It seems whenever you try and fix a problem by ADDING something to it, instead of taking away, the situation only gets worse. I suppose that would lead to a SC3. Which, I haven't even began concerning myself with because of how far into the future that would be. I probably would be dead or at least old and crippled before SC3 would ever be in production. lol

Reaction score
Website
www.staredit.net
the new race is hybrid because duran wanna continue the perfection of a race wat hes doing is continue is creating a perfect form that the xel naga never finish