Maybe its a laptop problem but...

Discussion in 'StarCraft: Brood War' started by Pains Requiem, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Pains Requiem

Pains Requiem BattleForums Senior Member

north carolina
    I recently gave my friend my SC/BW discs to put on his laptop but theres a slight problem. His screen resolution is set to 1240xwhatever but StarCraft is only played in a 800x600 screen. I suggested he change his resolution to 800x600 but all it does is create these ugly black boxes around his shrunk screen. Everything looks just like StarCraft did with the annoying black boxes around the shrunked screen.

Any advice? I hope its not cause he's running Vista...Vista has prevented me from playing a lot of good emulators I've had saved to my thumb drive.

2. Wing Zero

Wing Zero lol just as planned

Philly
    play around with the run properties

3. Pains Requiem

north carolina
    How would you explain that to an 11th grader whos texts look like this: "whyt yu doen today? I wnt 2 play Halo tduay bcuz in goeing to kik yor ass" and whos intelligence is limited to such?

4. coRtALoS

coRtALoS -=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-

Kabul, Afghanistan
    Probably like this:

"Give me back my Starcraft CD"

If you can't do that stuff for him, you're going to waste so much time trying to explain it, you'll be completely sick of the idea of playing SC by the time you get it setup.

5. Pains Requiem

north carolina
    I'm not saying I couldn't do it, but I've never had to mess with that before. He's borrowing the CDs for a while so I won't have them anyway. I know it sucks trying to play Bnet on such a small screen. Just trying to help the guy out.

Gimme your best shot. If I don't understand I'm still going to tell you I fixed it either way.