Match: Utralisk Vs Archon

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
marines, ROFL. If I saw rines I just storm them.
vults, yes. A bit of micro and because archs are mostly shields.
tanks, yes. Obvious reasons.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
why bother taking out archon shield with EMP when you go standard vulture/tank in TvP...have u seen what group of vultures can do to a group of archons?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I could Emp and kill a Archon with a single Marine faster then you could kill a Archon with 2 vultures. 8, That's different. I'm just saying EMP does it a lot faster, and faster = better.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
EMP is also way up the tech tree, though. You could be going metal.(vults and tanks)
If it works for you, then fine. I 'm not gonna bother anymore.(you seem to swear by this so)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Well no, not that. I just wanrted to say how I did it. I tried Vults yesterday in a test, and they did very good as well. I don't make Vultures in most games though, mainly because Terran Isn't my main race, but from PvT experiences, EMP is very annoying. Shield Batteries sorta help. if you have enough of them.

weeeee

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm used to bug my friends with emp all the time.
Emp's a game winner in a PvT if you ask me.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Ok, what situation?

A massive army of Archons vs a massive army of Ultralisks, if the ratio is 1:1 or even 3:4, Archons come out on top.

30 Archons > 40 Ultras, with 9 Archons left.

What other situation is there? You can't really throw other units in there, then it wouldn't be Archon VS Ultralisk.

Therefore, i am right, and Archons own. <3 Alura.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think ultras could kill a group of arcons if they are microed right. i mean if a group of ultra attacked head on and then some were sent in to flank them, that might work since like it would take time for the arcons to get to the other side, and pretty much you have like 3 ultras killing 1 arcon

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Even if the Ultralisks were microed, the Archons have enough range to put one hit in before the Ultra runs away (Ultralisk has slow attack-rate). It wouldn't make a difference, unless you microed SO much that you made the Archons spread out heaps so that it was 1v1 between each Archon and Ultra, but then the Archons would just regroup.

And endless cycle....OF ARCHONS PWNING!!! :D

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ultras can come in from different angles, flanking the archon..therefore spreading the damage taken and then winning the battle...i think

Nicholas The Slide

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
archons pwn ultralisks, because even though they have little life, they have huge shield, and have better range so they can start attacking the lisk faster than it can attack the archon..lisk is pwned

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah.. too bad we can't use the terran's emp :D

ownage at that time

Nicholas The Slide

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
indeed..emp pwn all, but high templars storm attack is awsome if u mass a lot of em and the u can just mow down armies..but its expensive to get a lot, unles u play nr 20 games...

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmm yeah i bet you 15 ht can kill 30 arcons :)

storm them all then merge and kill them :)

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Archons are fast enough to escape Storm before they lose enough HP, and before you merge the HTs, you are bound to lose a couple, and even after that, the time it takes to merge Archons is more than enough for the Archons to own you.