Master spells

Reaction score
ehm, the fact that archers have low health make them pretty easy to kill especially to aoe spells like nova.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
AHappyChineseBoy said:
Ehm, N, fiends > Hippos, Gargs > Hippos. Fiends > Dryads, Nova > Archers, Skellies > Archers
Sighned * * *

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Possession is often overlooked. Once mind controlled 7 Tauren and it turned the tides for us. Behind them were necromancers, and they got creamed in like 10 seconds. I like Banshees better than Necromancers, they can piss people off with thier own spells. I also like Polymorph, you can easily turn t3 air and ground into sheep and render them harmless. FLYING SHEEP KICK ASS!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I use cripple on t3 air and heroes. Helps them stay slow and cannot do much but cause scratches (unless its chims shooting at my aboms :().

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Hellwolf_36 said:
Possession is often overlooked. Once mind controlled 7 Tauren and it turned the tides for us. Behind them were necromancers, and they got creamed in like 10 seconds. I like Banshees better than Necromancers, they can piss people off with thier own spells. I also like Polymorph, you can easily turn t3 air and ground into sheep and render them harmless. FLYING SHEEP KICK ASS!
Keep in mind that one shot from any siege unit would blow that plan out of the water.

Reaction score
I remember back in the day, possession use to be able to possess webbed units, good ol' days when you could win with mass casters XD

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
you still couldn't win with mass casters as undead though, even back in those days. prolly the only race you really couldn't. and possession really got killed in 1.13. sad day for inovative undead users

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, possession as a chrage up time before the soul gets taken and now Banshees take 66% more damage when they are possessing. Mass casters sux, you would get creamed by piercing, t3 air, and sometimes t3 melee. Once beat an army of shaman and doctors with a dreadlord, aboms, and destroyers. Simply eat the buffs, use orb on clustered casters while your melee get healed by the dreadlord. Carry a death knight or a lich into that situation (Undead units vs Orc Spellcasters).

Reaction score
Who ever said anything about massing casters?
A Banshee shouldnt be massed, but with some ghouls as a little backup, possess shouldnt be hard to pull off.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Obviously not, they are unarmored and it is a pain in the ass, hard to turn off Curse to a mass army, and they maybe only able to possess about 6-8 units.

Samsara said:
Keep in mind that one shot from any siege unit would blow that plan out of the water.
Not if the enemy is distracted by other units.

Reaction score
only 6-8 units? Darlin, that would turn the tide of any battle around.

does anyone know how long it takes the banshee to posess when she has already locked on to her target?

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Also bloodlust is one of the best but vs breakers or faeires...

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
blood lust is very powerful I think it even owns spell breakers! You really have to have a bunch of spellbreakers to steal a lot...and if you have a lot of spellbreakers only a few of your units will be lusted...also...lusted orc units are better than lusted human units! thats if your not going knights with spellbreakers(who does that?)....It always happens to me!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Mystic Sorcerer said:
Also bloodlust is one of the best but vs breakers or faeires...
Fairies would end up severly damaging shamans if they cast bloodlust on a unit. The forumula for Mana Flare:

Normal (non resistant to spells) unit: 3 Damage for every point of mana
Hero: 1 Damage for every point of mana.

Basically, 35 Mana/Bloodlust x 3 = 105 Damage. Plus it splashes to other units that HAVE mana supplies. So dont cluster shamans near each other.

Casting Polymorph, Cripple or even Healing Wards by cast (not item) can be deadly if you're not smart. 1. A breaker can put it on someone on your team (manual casting) 2. It can be dispelled. 3. If they get mana flared, they take 3 x 225 damage (ouch!).

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Fairies would end up severly damaging shamans if they cast bloodlust on a unit. The forumula for Mana Flare:

Normal (non resistant to spells) unit: 3 Damage for every point of mana
Hero: 1 Damage for every point of mana.

Basically, 35 Mana/Bloodlust x 3 = 105 Damage. Plus it splashes to other units that HAVE mana supplies. So dont cluster shamans near each other.

Casting Polymorph, Cripple or even Healing Wards by cast (not item) can be deadly if you're not smart. 1. A breaker can put it on someone on your team (manual casting) 2. It can be dispelled. 3. If they get mana flared, they take 3 x 225 damage (ouch!).
Data:

Splash Damage Radius: 20
Unit Damage Per Point of Mana Used: 3
Hero Damage Per Point of Mana Used: 1
Max Damage Per Unit: 90
Max Damage Per Hero: 50

This ability can only hit 1 target per 0.75 seconds.

you would need at least 2 faries to do a maximum of 180 damage, or three to do 270. and that is maximum, assuming they continue to cast

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You'd have to shoot them down, move the casters away from the dragons, turn off all autocasting (use that one as a last resort), force them to stop casting, or be a total idiot and continue to cast magic were dragons are.

Crap forgot about the damage cap on Mana Flare, but about 2-3 Faerie Dragons can be deadly and annoying.