Master Chief vs Samus

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Umm... Plasma...? Well... MC has "plasma" also... It works the exact same way you just described. Pulls in energy, heats it up, and shoots it. It also has to cool down if it is down to many times. Oh and do you understand the physics of the Halo plasma weapons? They are "charged plasmactic 'particals'". They shoot, hit, splatter, release its energy on the subject while acting as an acid. So it burns, fries, and punches a hole through the enemy at the same time. Oh and in metriod prime most of the non-sentient enemies use acid.... Namely the boss on the space pirates ship. Oh yeah and if the space pirates where so well trained don't you think they would use some more advanced tactics... Like taking cover.... Or running zig-zag.... Or howabout ducking to make a smaller target.....
Oh yeah and the guns... Were you aware of the fact that they are pratically railguns? Yes, railguns. They use magnets to propel the bullets out of the barrle at a much faster speed than a normal weapon. So the bullet would travel at the same speed under water as one of today's bullet would in the air. And yes there is a muzzle flash on the gun when there shouldn't be, but then the guns wouldn't be as cool.

Hmm... Space differnt from underwater? Not by much... A space shuttle could operate in both, given the proper propulsion. A astronaut could go pretty deep also. Oh and samus is not invincible... You yourself said her suit is "resilient". That means slightly defendable. Oh and yeah... The covanent tanks work on the same plasma concept that you described. So yeah samus would be toast... And yeah MC's "partical shield" would block "charged particals".
Quote" It's easier to point out physics problems in Halo"
Well then lets look at some of the problem in metroid. Umm.. It is physically impossible for anyone to roll up that tiny. It would break her back... arms... and legs... So yeah those are some problems...

ApocalypseCOW

Member!
Reaction score
hey bam u said that samus' armore was bult to whitstand EVERYTHIGN correct? why does she get hurt when a bug bites her or when a laser shoots her or when a bug TACKLES her.

doesent make sense and anout ur manga sereies ever notice nothing bad ever happenes to the heros so ur little manga series highlights the best in samus and doesent show the worst

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by FiNoFaNtAsY-BroOdWaR
Yay! Go Samus!

Model Of Heavy Arms Custom [/B][/QUOTE]
those shoulders should be placed somewhere else and id say go samus, but as of now, master chief teh own, just cos his suite doesnt look gay. end of story... btw some of you havent quite understood that those 2 are characters, they do NOT live!! (not)! theyre made up, nothing else, so its not really worthing discussing this type of crap, oh well---

Kitty

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ApocalypseCOW
correction, U ARE a total GEEK
No, he isn't. He just knows how to argue without being a fanboy, unlike some people.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Magnets v. Gunpowder

Underwater Magnets are more reliable but slower.
FYI: They aren't railguns, but I don't recall the exact tech right now.

Listen, I know about Master Chief's weapons! I've read the book Halo is based on. The best I can say about it, however, is this: At least it was better than The Cherry Orchard (a Russian play).

If you were to put the space shuttle underwater, it has to be "reengineered". It's ALUMINUM hide would be crushed by the preasure. If you were to use aluminum underwater for a hide to such a large vessel, it would have to be ~1-2 feet thick, not inches. The "space suit" used for underwater training is also a tad different. It's different solutions to different problems.

Also:

The plasma tech in Halo is not the same as in Metroid. Chozus developed the plasma tech, and it has a much higher energy output (has been compared to that of a Solar Flare). The most resiliant enemies in the Metroid game (Plasm Space Pirates) can only take about 5 hits, and that's because they were designed to resist it (though it's also thier only weakness).

As for "Space Pirate Strategy", play through Metroid Prime before trying that again.

Bugs "hurt" because there is [this has been edited out by the moderator for containing a spoiler]. Oops! Can't tell you that, sorry. But, trust me, the reason is revealed playing the game. Also, I'd like to even see Master Chief get up after being tackled by a 50+ ton enemy. Samus Aran only loses about 25-50 (or more depending on how late in game, suit, and other factors).

I also used "resiliant" because it means the same as "resistant" and other words. It's called using a synonym so that a word doesn't get too old. I like to try to use a thesoris. I guess I can't here.

As per the Morph Ball, the physics for it are actually explained in the game. Again, a lot of spoilers.

As per manga and anime, somewhat true. A manga or anime wouldn't be as good if it didn't show the worst of a character. I believe one episode (either manga or anime) showed Samus Aran going through the Chozus Ritual. She was on the verge of collapse and giving up. You must see the worst to get the best. Nice try.

Also: Are we trying to compare vehicles again? Need I say that Samus Aran's ship has sheilds and very nice armor. The Covenant couldn't touch it. Though she wouldn't need it as Boost Ball followed by Ultra-Bomb = fried tank.

What in the world is FoIl?

Whatever, Samus Aran's suit is made out of an unidentifiable material that the Chozus created. Samus Aran has a name for it, and likely what the Chozus called it, but I can't recall off the top of my head. It is an odd combination or biological, technological, mechanical, and other techs.

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by bamthedoc
Magnets v. Gunpowder

Underwater Magnets are more reliable but slower.
FYI: They aren't railguns, but I don't recall the exact tech right now.

Listen, I know about Master Chief's weapons! I've read the book Halo is based on. The best I can say about it, however, is this: At least it was better than The Cherry Orchard (a Russian play).

If you were to put the space shuttle underwater, it has to be "reengineered". It's ALUMINUM hide would be crushed by the preasure. If you were to use aluminum underwater for a hide to such a large vessel, it would have to be ~1-2 feet thick, not inches. The "space suit" used for underwater training is also a tad different. It's different solutions to different problems.

Also:

The plasma tech in Halo is not the same as in Metroid. Chozus developed the plasma tech, and it has a much higher energy output (has been compared to that of a Solar Flare). The most resiliant enemies in the Metroid game (Plasm Space Pirates) can only take about 5 hits, and that's because they were designed to resist it (though it's also thier only weakness).

As for "Space Pirate Strategy", play through Metroid Prime before trying that again.

Bugs "hurt" because there is [this has been edited out by the moderator for containing a spoiler]. Oops! Can't tell you that, sorry. But, trust me, the reason is revealed playing the game. Also, I'd like to even see Master Chief get up after being tackled by a 50+ ton enemy. Samus Aran only loses about 25-50 (or more depending on how late in game, suit, and other factors).

I also used "resiliant" because it means the same as "resistant" and other words. It's called using a synonym so that a word doesn't get too old. I like to try to use a thesoris. I guess I can't here.

As per the Morph Ball, the physics for it are actually explained in the game. Again, a lot of spoilers.

As per manga and anime, somewhat true. A manga or anime wouldn't be as good if it didn't show the worst of a character. I believe one episode (either manga or anime) showed Samus Aran going through the Chozus Ritual. She was on the verge of collapse and giving up. You must see the worst to get the best. Nice try.

Also: Are we trying to compare vehicles again? Need I say that Samus Aran's ship has sheilds and very nice armor. The Covenant couldn't touch it. Though she wouldn't need it as Boost Ball followed by Ultra-Bomb = fried tank.

What in the world is FoIl?

Whatever, Samus Aran's suit is made out of an unidentifiable material that the Chozus created. Samus Aran has a name for it, and likely what the Chozus called it, but I can't recall off the top of my head. It is an odd combination or biological, technological, mechanical, and other techs.
This is getting wayy out of proportion

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Isn't it now :p

In any case, that's a half-way decent picture of Samus Aran and her final suit in Metroid Prime. Though you can get much better views of it through the game. Looks like that's in a elevator. There are some better views, though.

Reaction score
Website
LIEK.WTF.HAPPEN.TO.DIS.SITE.COM
That picture... Seems like your comparing pictures again huh?
Samus is more ... Unreal.
Halo Guy is more ... Real.

Samus has "unreal" weapons and armor, therefore she could be invincible.
Halo Guy has more "real" weapons and armor, therefore he couldnt stand against anything that Samus uses.

ApocalypseCOW

Member!
Reaction score
bam ur saying samus shoots magnets? (sry i didnt botehr reading ur whole post)

ok then now we know who would really win

AND I CURSE LEGOLAS FOR MAKING THIS THREAD

Reaction score
Website
LIEK.WTF.HAPPEN.TO.DIS.SITE.COM
Read all of it. He doesnt shoot "magnets" I think, if im not mistaken.
Who will win is probally Samus Aran. She is uhh better.
But maybe to others it seems that how they look
is stronger. Samus's weapons are unreal and can be
impossibly strong.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
No, I was refering to Terran_Commanders referance to "rail-guns". It's a technology being dreamt up by scientists to propel the next generation space shuttle into space. Master Chief's weapons, not using gunpowder, are based on such tech, but not quite as advanced as that.

I was comparing the benefits of magnetics to gunpowder while underwater. Magnets are more likely to work, but they also cannot attain the same kind of power underwater. It's pretty complicated to explain.
FYI: You can fire modern weapons (i.e. AK-47) underwater. It's just more likely to fail and a lot less likely to hit.

Fallen-Demon

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
WOW! this has to be some kind of a joke thread! This is just stupid, its practically SPAM!!! I mean there is no use in making a thread on Master Chief VRS Samus, everyone knows the answer to it...before i tell you my answer ill say this...

The correct person has the most technologically advanced weaponry and armory in the universe, he/she is best friends with the person in charge of a weapon that can destroy, and on top of that.....HIS GAME IS SO MUCH COOLER!

Master Chief of course.....

WOOT HALO.........i was playing that game a few hours ago...and I can't seem to get past the mission called "Two Betrayals" on hard, geez its hard, then again ive only tried to for about 10 HOURS!!

Fallen-Demon

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Whats the point of this thread? Everybody that has played both games, knows that the winner would be CHIEF!!

1) he has the most technologically advanced weaponry and armory

2)He is more stealthy than Samus

3)he is friends with the person incharge of the HALO (which could destroy the universe)

4)SAMUS IS A GIRL!! rofl rofl j.k j.k j.k j.k

5) BECAUSE HE IS SO MUCH COOLER THAN SAMUS

6)because samus's only attacks are the Beam, and the little hook-shot thing....and the beam would be the only thing pwoerful enough to scratch the armor of Chief

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
WHo would win... *sigh* The Covenant is who would win, screw Metaknight, Samus, and Master Chief, none of them could even stand against the force that is that covenant.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rail guns being dreamt up? Beg to differ... They are already made. They've been put on tanks. A rocket has already been sent... (idiot) you may know a lot about 1 game but you don't know squat about what's happening today....

Oh yeah and MC's weapons are unreal... There is no way today that they could take "rail gun" technology(yes that's what is is) and minitruaize it that much. Well.. Then there is weapon names..
Ultra-bomb.... Boost ball...? Yeah... real creative... Just makes me want to play the game... Oh and samus's ship... you really think it could stand up to a covanent battle ship? Yeah this thing has weapons capable of destroying the city of New York and Brooklyn in one shot... That blows nukes right out of the water... SO no your little ship wouldn't stand a chance.... Oh and don't say you could out manuver it... These things can go "past" light speed.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Oh? So all the Science Review and Discovery channel reports I've seen are lies? Get a clue. The most they've launched with a "rail gun", defective mind you, was something the size of a pen. It only was launched...ten feet (if that). Oh! And the launcher was about a football field in length. I certainly hope you weren't thinking of "bullet trains".

FYI: Samus Aran's ship, as most in Sci-Fi vessels, can also travel past light speed. It's either hyper or warp in Sci-Fi, and warp is more manuverable and something that Master Chief doesn't have. Though, Halo is one of the few Sci-Fi based "things" that shows hyperdrive without a hyper gate.

And I agree with one thing that's been said in the past 3/4 posts (not three-fourths, but 4 that should be 3). This is spam. Mayhaps a mod would Void it.