[Marvel] Secret Invasion

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What are your thoughts of Marvel's big event for this summer so far? So far, it's been fairly interesting. Although, I haven't been too shocked at any of the big Skrull reveals.

Dizmayze

Reaction score
Don't get me started, I really enjoy it keeps me occupied when Im bored.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
SI #1 was a great comic, the two follow ups were pretty ****.

sI #4 should be good because Nick Fury IS BACK!

Otherwise the Mighty and New avengers have been decent in leading up the side stories about the invasion, and certain characters being switched out. All in all, I hope it doesn't turn into Civil war. Started off great, then half way through it exploded in a supernova of ****iness.

And surprisingly despite the fact I really hate the Fantastic four, the SI:FF wasn't too bad, which I only read to keep current on the event, and i actually want the next issue to come out.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
still need to start reading these XD

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Final Crisis is a cluster**** of backhistory that if you don't really know everything that's ever happened in the DC universe, you'll be left with a "bwuh?" typa face.

Or at least that's what one of the more respected forumeres on another comic forum I go to said. I dunno what he's really talking about, but FC is a little convoluted.

Secrect Invasion started pretty strong, but with all these tie-ins, lead-up/follow-throughs, side stories and others make it too large and stretched of an event for me. Not exactly the best writing in the world either, but hey ya get what you can.

That said I'm still looking forward more to FC's conclusion than Marvel. If theres anything Marvels taught me in the past few years it's that if the fans don't want it it'll be retconned.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Whoever the artist is for SI #2 (New Avengers #32 and onwards i think) is ****ing terrible. It's really really hard for me to bring myself to look at his piss poor job.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm still not really satisfied with SI so far. MAybe it will work better when it is all together, but right now there doesn't seem like alot is going on, and this "invasion" doesn't seem as bad as it was built up to be.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Maybe they'll surprise us with a few things, but who knows. At least it's interesting.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
you guys are hardcore comic fan, im not much of a comic fan. im glad this is a gaming forum.

by the way the wolverine plus cyclops/colossus combined just don't look right.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Then why are you in this section talking about comics? Might as well have something to actually contribute to the conversation, eh? And that Skrull doesn't care if he doesn't look right, he's just there to kick some ass then get killed.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
thats why, i really wanted to contribute and post some pics too but i just can't with the reason from my previous post. you guys are just too good and i will just get embarrassed if i will try to say something that actually ca contribute.

so all i can do is just say something about your posted pics. aren't they're there so that people can comment about them as well? ^^

skrull? rulk in space? a black captain america? never knew comics could go that extreme.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
As long as you stay out of the main even threads, i.e., this one, you should be fine. Because it takes somebody currently reading it to understand what's going on.