Make suggestions for the site

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Before I make my adjustment to the forum structure, etc. I'd love to hear you guys ideas and reasoning. Also, please let me know all your suggestions for the site and how to completely redo it.

>I know the discussion has gone on before about strategy and gaming focus or community and I have to say, my personal preference is gaming, strategy, mods, etc. I have a real passion and interest for it as well as the latest gaming news.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Shift focus to Starcraft II: strategy, map making, tournaments etc.
Use the same model for Diablo III.

Interest in SCII right now is:
Streategy
VOD
Commentaries
Streams
Maps
Tournaments
Professional scene/tournament coverage (GSL, MLG, IGN, NASL, IEM)

GENERAL:
->Restructure the forums a bit.
->Increase the bgcolor of the fourm by a few digits. Maybe I've grown up a bit, and don't appreciated depressed teenagers, but an "edgy, all black" forum seems a little immature/unprofessional. I'm not even talking making it a white theme, I mean not quite as #000;
-> Either remove the frontpage/portal, or do something with it. The absolute WORST thing a site can do is have a news post from two years ago, telegraphing to the internet that you are inactive.
->Simplify staff structure to members->mods-> admins. Remove the 6 different ways to get a new name color. I'm not sure what the groups are but, elders, premium members, super mods etc. are redundant at this point.
->Look into offering lists of streams. So when a member's stream is on, provide a notification and a link or whatever.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Good thoughts.

I have to apologize Pan, your posts keep getting put in the moderation queue instead of being automatically posted. Idk why. I'll look into it in the morning.

I think we should simplify the usergroups as well. It's unnecessary and I think it confuses visitors on who do show respect to or whatever.

And (as in another thread) I'm working on getting the login information for the homepage portal. I may create a simple redirect to the forums until it gets updated.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just changed the date stamp on last post to show the minutes, hours, or days since last post in the forums. This should make it much quicker to tell if your favorite forum as new posts in it.

Let me know if you like that.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just found out that this forums permissions are preventing comments without moderation... Going to bed so will take care of this in the morning. Someone PM me if I forget by tomorrow night